Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your local clinic waiting time

Options
  • 19-02-2020 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Just out of interested, I'm wondering what your average wait is for your pregnancy clinic visit where you see your consultant. With my previous pregnancies, I remember waiting 2+ hours. Yesterday, was the same but I was beside a lady who is due in three weeks, had traveled an hour to get to the clinic and was waiting for 2:40 mins when I left. I just felt so sorry for her. Is this the norm around the country?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

venusdoom wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Just out of interested, I'm wondering what your average wait is for your pregnancy clinic visit where you see your consultant. With my previous pregnancies, I remember waiting 2+ hours. Yesterday, was the same but I was beside a lady who is due in three weeks, had traveled an hour to get to the clinic and was waiting for 2:40 mins when I left. I just felt so sorry for her. Is this the norm around the country?

I experienced long waits for my 1st child 2 years ago in CUMH for my booking appointment and 20 week consultant appointment but moved to midwife lead after that and never waiting more than 20 mins. This time have never had to wait for long (I’m on the domino scheme from 20 weeks).

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭venusdoom

I think that is a big part of the wait, we in LUH have no choice in the care provided, only consultant/ hospital and G.P. combined care.

Advertisement