Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alone It Stands (Munster vs All Blacks) returns!

• 19-02-2020 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

I saw this play many moons ago and have been keeping an eye out for it in the years since. Was surprised that there wasn't a run to coincide with an anniversary of Munster beating the All Blacks.

Just by chance, I happened upon a Facebook post that mentioned that there's a short run taking place in Dundrum. Balally Players Theatre Co. present Alone It Stands at the Mill Theatre. February 19th - 22nd. Admission: €16/€14.
    31st October 1978. Thomond Park, Limerick. The mighty New Zealand All Blacks, on an Irish tour, take on the none-too-mighty Munster team – and, to everyone’s surprise, they lose 12-0. From this piece of Irish sporting history John Breen has fashioned a funny, lively play in which both teams, plus fans, children, relatives and even a dog, are portrayed by a cast of six, with no props and only half-time change of shirt.

Heading along tonight and hoping that they'll do a good job of it!

More info: http://www.milltheatre.ie/events/alone-it-stands/

🤪

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭pjdarcy

Luckily Dundrum is a real hotbed of Munster supporters :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

They know their target audience :D

Wonder if the Leinster accent will sneak through!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭pjdarcy

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    They know their target audience :D

Wonder if the Leinster accent will sneak through!

OMG goys, we loike totes just beat the All Blacks. Amazeballs! :D

Only kidding OP. I've heard that the play is well worth going to see (even for Leinster supporters)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Thought they did a great job last night. Really enjoyed it.

Also have to say the Mill Theatre is really nice, plenty of leg room which is very much appreciated!

🤪

Advertisement