Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is the Postman Gone?

Options
  • 19-02-2020 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

I've noticed over recent months that we are no longer getting a daily Postman it seems that our post comes grouped together one day a week or so. I know there is less post nowadays with everybody signing up to emails but. I'm in a housing estate in Newbridge, not somewhere in countryside . Anybody else have this problem? Or am I going crazy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,132 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Had the same issue in Finglas in Dublin 11 called the local depot and they said staff shortages were impacting service in the area could be the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Maynooth here and the postman is on our road every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Welcome to where the postal service is going, i.e. a postal service only 1-2 days per week. But lets be real here. Very few people need to get post every day.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

companies who send out large volumes of non urgent mail (monthly statements etc) can opt for the an post "Budget" service. This costs 65c per letter, so its enticing to companies with large volumes.

The service is for delivery within 5 working days, so an post will deliver all these mailings together.

Take these out of the equation and how many regular items of mail will a group of houses have - possibly none for a few days and therefore no sign of a post person for days at a time. Or even if they do have a few items, they are in an estate and out of it within a few minutes.

The days of the door to door delivery and a bicycle are long gone

• Registered Users Posts: 68,792 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Most housing estates in built up areas now have the postie on a cargo bike - door to door and bikes are still very much here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

JeffK88 wrote: »
    I've noticed over recent months that we are no longer getting a daily Postman it seems that our post comes grouped together one day a week or so. I know there is less post nowadays with everybody signing up to emails but. I'm in a housing estate in Newbridge, not somewhere in countryside . Anybody else have this problem? Or am I going crazy?

What estate you in Jeff? I'm up in RH and it appears we have daily postal delivery. Even get post on a Saturday, which I thought was done away with.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

What estate you in Jeff? I'm up in RH and it appears we have daily postal delivery. Even get post on a Saturday, which I thought was done away with.

I'm down in Morristown area. We were daily including Saturday. I finally got post, the letter I was waiting for from work dated the 13th so took a week to be delivered on Friday gone (21st) others further out in the country got it earlier in week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

JeffK88 wrote: »
    I'm down in Morristown area. We were daily including Saturday. I finally got post, the letter I was waiting for from work dated the 13th so took a week to be delivered on Friday gone (21st) others further out in the country got it earlier in week.
    I'm in that general area, and I haven't noticed any difference. I have noticed that they've been training-in new people lately, so unless that has affected you, but I wouldn't have thought so.

Advertisement