Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pannier Bags 2020

Options
  • 19-02-2020 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Recommendations for double pannier bags for Irish Weather.
    1. Under 100 euro.
    2. Quick release.
    3. Suits 15" laptop.
    4. Carry 2 sets of clothing; cycling gear, office gear.
    5. Waterproof/rainproof.

I've seen lots online.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Cyclepath

I have a single M-wave quick release panier that's very well put together. As a brand they're pretty good. These doubles are on ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭devonp

Ortlieb...certainly waterproof, dont use panniers but my Ortlieb large saddle bag is very waterproof and can double as a rear mudguard when necessary

may stretch your budget...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Ortlieb hands down the best. Guaranteed dust and waterproof and really hard wearing as well. They will last you years. Worth the extra few quid.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,580 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

this is very limited advice given i can't compare it to any other decent option, but i got one of these in humphries for i think 50 or 55 quid, so cheaper than on their own store, and it's done the job nicely so far, quite robust:

https://www.basil.com/en/urban-dry-shopper-black.html

• Registered Users Posts: 24 juicer

Ortileib hands down the best I've used. My current ones are 3.5 years old and still going strong, never had any issues.

Have been in plenty of downpours commuting and they always keep my clothes dry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

Same advice here, go with Ortileib. I tried cheaper and it was a waste of money. Do it right, do it once. Great quality and waterproof.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Went for Ortleib based on a recommendation and they are very good. Only have them since November and only use one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭JMcL

Another vote for Ortlieb and should come to about bang on your budget. Not the cheapest, but as others have said completely waterproof. Secure when on, but a dawdle to put on or take off (also easy to change fitting for another bike)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,050 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

If budget is tight, I've found these to be good.

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/RockBros-Bicycle-Luggage-Carrier-Rear-Seat-Rack-Pannier-Bag-For-MTB-Road-Bike/254061920543

I recommended them to someone else here, if you search for older pannier threads, and the other guy liked the look of them too. I think I found a UK seller on eBay to avoid the wait from China.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭py

Another thumbs up for Ortlieb. Have had them for over 2 years now and they've been rock solid. Fit 15" laptop in there and stays dry.

• Advertisement
Advertisement