Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE Bias

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Saying criticism of Israeli state and military policy regarding Palestine is anti semitism, is like saying criticism of today's feminism is misogyny. It is very easy to despise both. I do. I don't feel "dirty" for not picking one or the other.

Regarding anti semitism in the British Labour Party though, it does appear to be a problem going by this Panorama documentary I saw: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0006p8c - actual Jewish members and former members of Labour confirmed it. None of them said Corbyn is anti Semitic (and i don't believe he is) but they all referred to a staunch element within Labour's ranks, and some questionable conduct by Ken Livingstone.

**** the israeli govt ...i support the israeli people ..is that so hard?

I have to say the ignorance of people supporting palestine is shocking at this stage.

They don't seem to have the faintest clue about what is going on in Israeli politics right now.

My honest opinion of Palestine supporters in this country is that they are idiots.

Not because they support palestine ..or hate israel. But they seem clueless as to what is going on right now IN israel and its monumental importance in the conflict.

The Israeli govt KEEPS collapsing.

There is an election right now ...basically its between Benny Gantz and Netanyahu.

I keep saying to people if Bebe wins ...it will be MUCH worse for palestinians. If you support palestine you should hope Gantz wins. They dont get it.

Further more there was a meretz leftist coalition with arab parties involved ...they are an israeli party that supports the end of occupation they don't support BDS but they are against all the companies that profit from occupied territories. They support better social services for israel etc.

YET not ONE supporter of palestine supported THIS israeli party.

They keeping giving bebe the free PR. And his attitude towards palestinians has steadily grown worse over the years.

If he wins this election things will be much worse for palestinians.

Election after election in Israel is a hung parliment ...govts keep collapsing. The meretz/labor/ arableftest coalition fell apart. I feel if it got more western support even from leftest sources it would had a better chance.

Yet Palestinian supporters just go on we are supporting Palestinians. NO YOU ARE NOT.

If you support Palestinians then you have to HOPE that Gantz wins this election. And get behind parties like the Meretz /lab coalition.

All through this election ..Netanyahu has been threatening out and out WAR with Palestinians. He means it. He is also going to annex large parts of palestinian territory.

Gantz has been more moderate.

Palestinian supporters dont actually care. Its a choice between bebe and Gantz ....black and grey. And they don't care. Or are not willing to listen.

They hate meretz as much as they hate Bebe. But meretz supports many of the ideas they do.

There is an arab list of palestinian politicians who have endorsed Gantz. Its not because they believe in his policies. IT IS BECAUSE THEY KNOW WHAT BEBE WILL DO.

Yes i know gantz past ...what people accuse him of. Believe me he is the better choice.

But it might not have come to this choice between bad and worse if people had gotten behind meretz more. They have far less money. And trying to hold things together between arab and leftist parties in Israel has obvious challenges.

Are many pro palestinian supporters anti semitic yes. Totally. They are also useless for palestinians. I think they are also patronizing to the middle east quite frankly.

Israel is one of the poorest nations according to a report by the OECD...all the money it gets from the US goes to the army because it suits the US. 21% of israelis are in poverty. Meretz wanted to take that money and put it into social services. To help old israelis many of whom are holocaust survivors living in poverty.

The biggest issue is even without the palestinians Israel would still need a big army. Its next to syria etc.

Sure you can criticize israeli policy ...but i mean you think every israeli politician has the same policy??

We are going to end up more than likely with a govt that does nothing about the housing crisis ..an FG /FF coalition. You think people want that here? Or is the left just not a viable option etc?? Too messy etc??

Corbyn is dumb. Full stop. He hasn't a clue how to help palestinians. In fact he can only hurt them.

RTE is very bias in the way it reports the conflict. Its very pro Palestine.

Palestine just launched rockets at Israel ...and Israel retaliated.

https://www.france24.com/en/20200224-israel-strikes-gaza-and-syria-after-palestinian-rockets-attacks

RTE would just report this as ..israel strikes gaza.

It might not be anti semitism ..it might just be stupidity.

If you want to help palestinians ..help israeli parties like meretz. They used to be a powerhouse ...and the peace plan during the nineties was going better

Thousands in tel aviv marched against trumps plan and the planned annexation of territory the meretz leaders organized it.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/thousands-march-in-tel-aviv-against-trump-plan/

Why not support these Israelis? By supporting them you support palestine and peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject71

**** the israeli govt ...i support the israeli people ..is that so hard?

I have to say the ignorance of people supporting palestine is shocking at this stage.

They don't seem to have the faintest clue about what is going on in Israeli politics right now.

My honest opinion of Palestine supporters in this country is that they are idiots.

Not because they support palestine ..or hate israel. But they seem clueless as to what is going on right now IN israel and its monumental importance in the conflict.

The Israeli govt KEEPS collapsing.

There is an election right now ...basically its between Benny Gantz and Netanyahu.

I keep saying to people if Bebe wins ...it will be MUCH worse for palestinians. If you support palestine you should hope Gantz wins. They dont get it.

Further more there was a meretz leftist coalition with arab parties involved ...they are an israeli party that supports the end of occupation they don't support BDS but they are against all the companies that profit from occupied territories. They support better social services for israel etc.

YET not ONE supporter of palestine supported THIS israeli party.

They keeping giving bebe the free PR. And his attitude towards palestinians has steadily grown worse over the years.

If he wins this election things will be much worse for palestinians.

Election after election in Israel is a hung parliment ...govts keep collapsing. The meretz/labor/ arableftest coalition fell apart. I feel if it got more western support even from leftest sources it would had a better chance.

Yet Palestinian supporters just go on we are supporting Palestinians. NO YOU ARE NOT.

If you support Palestinians then you have to HOPE that Gantz wins this election. And get behind parties like the Meretz /lab coalition.

All through this election ..Netanyahu has been threatening out and out WAR with Palestinians. He means it. He is also going to annex large parts of palestinian territory.

Gantz has been more moderate.

Palestinian supporters dont actually care. Its a choice between bebe and Gantz ....black and grey. And they don't care. Or are not willing to listen.

They hate meretz as much as they hate Bebe. But meretz supports many of the ideas they do.

There is an arab list of palestinian politicians who have endorsed Gantz. Its not because they believe in his policies. IT IS BECAUSE THEY KNOW WHAT BEBE WILL DO.

Yes i know gantz past ...what people accuse him of. Believe me he is the better choice.

But it might not have come to this choice between bad and worse if people had gotten behind meretz more. They have far less money. And trying to hold things together between arab and leftist parties in Israel has obvious challenges.

Are many pro palestinian supporters anti semitic yes. Totally. They are also useless for palestinians. I think they are also patronizing to the middle east quite frankly.

Israel is one of the poorest nations according to a report by the OECD...all the money it gets from the US goes to the army because it suits the US. 21% of israelis are in poverty. Meretz wanted to take that money and put it into social services. To help old israelis many of whom are holocaust survivors living in poverty.

The biggest issue is even without the palestinians Israel would still need a big army. Its next to syria etc.

Sure you can criticize israeli policy ...but i mean you think every israeli politician has the same policy??

We are going to end up more than likely with a govt that does nothing about the housing crisis ..an FG /FF coalition. You think people want that here? Or is the left just not a viable option etc?? Too messy etc??

Corbyn is dumb. Full stop. He hasn't a clue how to help palestinians. In fact he can only hurt them.

RTE is very bias in the way it reports the conflict. Its very pro Palestine.

Palestine just launched rockets at Israel ...and Israel retaliated.

https://www.france24.com/en/20200224-israel-strikes-gaza-and-syria-after-palestinian-rockets-attacks

RTE would just report this as ..israel strikes gaza.

It might not be anti semitism ..it might just be stupidity.

If you want to help palestinians ..help israeli parties like meretz. They used to be a powerhouse ...and the peace plan during the nineties was going better

Thousands in tel aviv marched against trumps plan and the planned annexation of territory the meretz leaders organized it.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/thousands-march-in-tel-aviv-against-trump-plan/

Why not support these Israelis? By supporting them you support palestine and peace.

I am way too sober to even begin to make sense of that post,heh.

I am way too sober to even begin to make sense of that post,heh.

No you are way too out of the loop. Like most Irish people. Which is why they should either stay out of middle eastern politics or read up on it.

No you are way too out of the loop. Like most Irish people. Which is why they should either stay out of middle eastern politics or read up on it.

But I'm not Irish. And from my understanding Israel has a chokehold on the Palestinians that is preventing them from flourishing. You tend to have a lot of exaggerated posts about things. So I am inclined to take it with a pinch of salt.

But I'm not Irish. And from my understanding Israel has a chokehold on the Palestinians that is preventing them from flourishing. You tend to have a lot of exaggerated posts about things. So I am inclined to take it with a pinch of salt.

And that childish simplistic statement is as far as your knowledge goes isn't it? And you will shout it out like fire. And that's all. You have nothing further to add. No deeper perception.

Really ?? Which isrealis want to end that choke hold then? which parties?

Do you know how they were in control of 49% of the knesset during the 90s in which clinton brought both countries though the closest path to peace?

Do you know what influences brought those leftest parties down?

People like you just give Bebe free pr. You dont support the parties in Israel that want to help palestine.

Which is condemning them through your ignorance.

You are also often patronizing to arabs.
    The same year Bill Clinton was elected to the White House, Israeli voters gave the social democratic Labor Party, the farther-left Meretz and the Communists nearly half the vote.

President clinton managed to galvanize the left in Israel. He was able to use and harness them. He also supported them.

Bush froze Meretz/Israeli labour out of the Israel lobby in the US effectively.

What about Kadima the party responsible for support of sharons disengagement plan?? Does anything question where they are now?

You are less interested in helping palestinians than hating israelis.

Clinton galvanized the good on both sides and fed them his attention. Bush did the opposite. Trump again is doing the opposite.

And that childish simplistic statement is as far as your knowledge goes isn't it? And you will shout it out like fire. And that's all. You have nothing further to add. No deeper perception.

Really ?? Which isrealis want to end that choke hold then? which parties?

Do you know how they were in control of 49% of the knesset during the 90s in which clinton brought both countries though the closest path to peace?

Do you know what influences brought those leftest parties down?

People like you just give Bebe free pr. You dont support the parties in Israel that want to help palestine.

Which is condemning them through your ignorance.

You are also often patronizing to arabs.

President clinton managed to galvanize the left in Israel. He was able to use and harness them. He also supported them.

Bush froze Meretz/Israeli labour out of the Israel lobby in the US effectively.

What about Kadima the party responsible for support of sharons disengagement plan?? Does anything question where they are now?

You are less interested in helping palestinians than hating israelis.

Clinton galvanized the good on both sides and fed them his attention. Bush did the opposite. Trump again is doing the opposite.
    Your wasting your time trying to over sensationalize your point with me.I've seen how you are in other threads. You post about things you have no full knowledge of to make yourself look superior. As you tried in the traveller thread. You need to grow up,IMO.

Your wasting your time trying to over sensationalize your point with me.I've seen how you are in other threads. You post about things you have no full knowledge of to make yourself look superior. As you tried in the traveller thread. You need to grow up,IMO.

You basically are embarrassed. I am not superior because i know something you don't. You are not superior because you know things i don't.

Its true. People who support Palestine are useless to Palestine unless they can influence Israel's leadership. And you are going to have to get the left in again for that. Also call out the right for when they sabotage the left in Israel.

Putin Trump Bush ..the tories ..they all sabotage the left in Israel.

If you knew anything you could be able to inform and educate me. You can't clearly.

Keep telling yourself you want help Palestinians. Then keep watching them die.

No one seems to get that if bebe gets in its going to be horrible for palestine. No one is even trying to stop it.

He will smash palestine. That's my personal opinion. He will crush it. People say i am scare mongering. I think its going to be a blood bath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Tony EH wrote: »
    The number of complaints amounted to 0.08% of the party. Hardly representative of the party as a whole and ito the bargain, a lot of those complaints were simply "somebody said something...", which is hardly solid. As for Ken Livingstone, he was correct. The Haavara agreement is historical fact.

The anti Semitism slur aimed at Labour was a load of hot air. A hot air slur that worked, though, because shouting "anti semite" never needs to be backed up.
    I don't think it should be dismissed though. That's kinda doing the same thing as the "criticism of Israeli state policy is anti Semitic" crowd are doing. Not the same extent, but if actual members of the Labour party talked about their experience of anti semitism from other Labour Party members, as well as this being backed up by fellow Labour members who aren't Jewish, well it doesn't mean the party is an absolute cesspit of anti semitism or any of the other sensationalist descriptions, but it doesn't deserve to be disregarded either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

RTE again pushing the case for overturning the deportation of an illegal migrant. Do they not get why we have borders in this country?

Rabbitte and Cannon, the local FF and FG TDs are all over Facebook saying how great it is, the system is a joke if every time a deportation order comes up it's blocked by so called people power.

It was their decision to have kids even though they were illegals, the whole lot of them should have been sent back to Brazil.

Cases like this will only show others that playing the system pays off if they come up with a sob story.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

Rabbitte and Cannon, the local FF and FG TDs are all over Facebook saying how great it is, the system is a joke if every time a deportation order comes up it's blocked by so called people power.

It was their decision to have kids even though they were illegals, the whole lot of them should have been sent back to Brazil.

Cases like this will only show others that playing the system pays off if they come up with a sob story.
    What I don't get is that the kids are enrolled in schools. It's always the same with illegal migrants so there's no checks on who is here legally and who isn't. Don't even get me started on these fookwit universities and cities labeling themselves ''sanctuaries''. We have borders for a reason but you'd never think it. Every single time there are calls for a deportation order to be overturned it is and it has to stop. I don't support illegal Irish migrants in America and I don't want illegal migrant workers here.

"criticism of Israeli state policy is anti Semitic"

Its not anti semitic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,566 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I don't think it should be dismissed though. That's kinda doing the same thing as the "criticism of Israeli state policy is anti Semitic" crowd are doing. Not the same extent, but if actual members of the Labour party talked about their experience of anti semitism from other Labour Party members, as well as this being backed up by fellow Labour members who aren't Jewish, well it doesn't mean the party is an absolute cesspit of anti semitism or any of the other sensationalist descriptions, but it doesn't deserve to be disregarded either.

No, not dismissed. Investigated.

But, the data is clear that this is a mere fraction of people and a lot of the claims are he said/she said which are practically useless.

The simple fact is is that there isn't much evidence to back up the claims that the Labour party is anti Semitic to any real degree and that the 0.08% of investigable complaints is actually lower than the nationwide standard.

Also, we have to be very careful about what some members of the Labour party say. Labour has been tearing itself apart for years, ever since the days of Tony Blair. There are a number of sides in the party that all want to go in different directions and the Blairite contingent have had it in for Corbyn ever since he was elected. A portion of these went off to even form a new party, which got nowhere.

In addition, there have been plenty of Jewish Labour party members that have refuted these anti Semitism claims against the party too. But their voices are rarely added to the news coverage and they certainly weren't included in that 'Panorama' hatchet job, which was made by a well known anti Corbynite.

The thing is, all one has to say is "anti Semitism" and you can bet that there will be a sizeable crowd who'll row behind that, no questions asked. The phrase is so loaded, that it immediately conjures up a pre packaged image in a lot of people's heads.

Shrug.

Tories are WAY more anti semitic though.

I have to say though when Rabbi Hershel Gluck was attacked Corbyn was the only leader to call him and ask if he was ok and say 'we have to stop this'.

The way the Tory party treated ed milliband was sometimes anti semitic.

The Oxford University Conservative Association were singing Nazi songs in 2011.

The UCL Conservative Society was condemned by the students union for being anti semitic.

Tories support far right anti semitic political parties in Europe. People who have threatened to kill jews living in those countries.

Jacobc Rees Mogg retweeted a speech by the AFD who have connections to neo nazis. ..a german jewish group has said they are a threat to jewish life. He defended his sharing of the speech and made no attempt to back down. He also said two jewish mps were member of the illuminati. He also rants about George Soros a lot.

I am sure there is sexism and racism and anti semitism in labor. Its everywhere. No one is perfect.

No one is going to be perfect all the time. But lab principles fundamentally oppose anti semitism sexism etc.

Honestly i shudder to think about what Rees Moggs says in private about jews.

Anyway back to Ireland. I don't think many Irish people are actually anti Semites.

Its not anti semitic.
    Crikey, that's some taking a line out of context.

• Advertisement

Crikey, that's some taking a line out of context.
    I just said criticism of Israeli state policy is not anti Semitic?

You dont agree?

Also criticizing hamas is not islamaphobia.

Here is the thing.

Lab isn't perfect. No one is. Everyone has internal bias.

But lab principles are against bigotry.

Yeah ..there will be times rot will try to set in. But if lab hold true to their core principles even when supporting a cause they will be fine.

We support palestine or peace in the middle east etc on the basis of these principles only. We cannot support this or that.

Tories on the other hand ..have no such guiding principles.

There are men lost in the dark and then there is the darkness itself.

Someone tweeting the AFD 's speeches is scary.

I just said criticism of Israeli state policy is not anti Semitic?

You dont agree?
    I clearly said that that was the case. You are on a wind-up.

I clearly said that that was the case. You are on a wind-up.
    I'm not on a wind up.

Why do you think criticism of Israeli policy is anti Semitic?

Obv it depends on how its done etc.

If you were to say ...i am with the israeli people etc ...i want them to be safe but their govt is ****ing **** up in the middle east? Obv its not one sided but it has to be said.

What is wrong with that?

Obv if someone disregards nuance in their understanding. And never criticizes Palestine (which lots of palestinian supporters do etc)

Good Lord, I clearly said it is not anti semitism to criticise Israeli state policy on Palestine. Read things.

• Advertisement

Good Lord, I clearly said it is not anti semitism to criticise Israeli state policy on Palestine. Read things.
    That was not at all clear.

I said this and you said i had taken it out of context. :confused:

Wutever i have no beef with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Titclamp

Antisemitism includes any middle eastern religion even Zoroastrian by definition.

Titclamp wrote: »
    Antisemitism includes any middle eastern religion even Zoroastrian by definition.
    True. Your name btw ....:eek:

Saying criticism of Israeli state and military policy regarding Palestine is anti semitism, is like saying criticism of today's feminism is misogyny. It is very easy to despise both. I do. I don't feel "dirty" for not picking one or the other.

Regarding anti semitism in the British Labour Party though, it does appear to be a problem going by this Panorama documentary I saw: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0006p8c - actual Jewish members and former members of Labour confirmed it. None of them said Corbyn is anti Semitic (and i don't believe he is) but they all referred to a staunch element within Labour's ranks, and some questionable conduct by Ken Livingstone.
    That was not at all clear.

I said this and you said i had taken it out of context. :confused:.
    Yes, you took a partial sentence - even with quote marks around it - very much out of context. A dishonest thing to do.

Yes, you took a partial sentence - even with quote marks around it - very much out of context. A dishonest thing to do.
    Go away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Labour is a cesspit of Anti-Semitism and pro Islam. For crying out loud, it was only recently that Corbyn was asked for comment on the Muslim grooming gangs that have been raping little girls in Rotherham for decades, his response 'white people are guilty of quite a lot of crime'.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/27/sayeeda-warsi-tory-islamophobia-muslim-prejudice-investigation

Amazing how little coverage the Conservatives' rampant Islamophobia got compared to the tiny bits of anti-semitism in the British Labour party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

Why have we such high migration from South America? There was another case recently about Brazilian asylum seekers, which seems a stretch.

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/people/i-ve-been-made-to-feel-like-i-don-t-belong-in-ireland-1.4029874

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

Where can I find a full list of all Irish laws that are no longer in full force or effect? I hope the tax code is among them, I could do with a break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Go away.

:confused:

...username and signature line do not check out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭tjhook

RTE again pushing the case for overturning the deportation of an illegal migrant. Do they not get why we have borders in this country?
    This is the latest in a fairly constant trickle of these stories, pushing a particular social viewpoint. The whole item was basically about how great it was that another person is likely to overturn a deportation order.

It's not news. If the story was highlighting faults or deficiencies in the immigration process, that would be news. But the "story" was a one-sided push of a particular narrative in a specific case. I was left wondering why the guy came to Ireland (probably not a refugee as he's Brazilian, but maybe he arrived here from somewhere other than Brazil?), why he was being deported in the first place, and what event led to his case being reexamined. But none of that was discussed. The interview focused entirely on how awful it was to be arrested/deported.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

tjhook wrote: »
    This is the latest in a fairly constant trickle of these stories, pushing a particular social viewpoint. The whole item was basically about how great it was that another person is likely to overturn a deportation order.

It's not news. If the story was highlighting faults or deficiencies in the immigration process, that would be news. But the "story" was a one-sided push of a particular narrative in a specific case. I was left wondering why the guy came to Ireland (probably not a refugee as he's Brazilian, but maybe he arrived here from somewhere other than Brazil?), why he was being deported in the first place, and what event led to his case being reexamined. But none of that was discussed. The interview focused entirely on how awful it was to be arrested/deported.
    These types of questions would never be asked by RTE.
    There was no mention of asylum seekers and non-EU migration by RTE during the election cycle, but now we are back to the almost daily poor sob stories of their plight.

RTE's mantra is that all asylum seekers are good; irrespective of the amount of other safe countries they traversed in order to get the free homes and welfare for life for them and their hugely extended families.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/27/sayeeda-warsi-tory-islamophobia-muslim-prejudice-investigation

Amazing how little coverage the Conservatives' rampant Islamophobia got compared to the tiny bits of anti-semitism in the British Labour party.
    What has British Conservative politics got to do with RTE bias?

tjhook wrote: »

It always is a one sided push. The fact is that RTE has become a conduit for trying to overturn the immigration rules in this country. Every other week there's a push story on it. It's farcical now that whenever we hear a call for Flannagan to overturn a deportation order he says he'll review it which means he'll overturn it. No questions on how many appeals were made against failed claims, no mention of how much it's cost the taxpayer. The licence fee needs to be abolished and RTE made a pay per view channel. Let these numpties join the dole queue because no other channel would employ them. More likely though this guy arrived illegally or to one of these bogus English language schools and never went back.

I'm sick to death of RTE's pro Traveler bollox. Yesterday was their national Ethnicity Day or what it should be called, workshy white Irish people who live on halting sites day. Some 18 year old Traveler lad blatantly lied and said the main reason that Traveler's drop out of school early is because the government don't give them enough resources. Bollox, they dropout because Travelers don't value education and the biggest obstacle that Traveler kids face with education is from other Travelers who want them to dropout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Kivaro wrote: »
    These types of questions would never be asked by RTE.
    There was no mention of asylum seekers and non-EU migration by RTE during the election cycle, but now we are back to the almost daily poor sob stories of their plight.

RTE's mantra is that all asylum seekers are good; irrespective of the amount of other safe countries they traversed in order to get the free homes and welfare for life for them and their hugely extended families.

its why i refuse to pay the licence , no way am i funding a left wing propaganda machine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

The main bias I see on RTE news output is to a really dumbed down interpretation of everything. Very little meaningful analysis of policy problems or likely workable solutions. This is compounded by a tiny attention span that won't let any contributor speak for much more than five seconds.

boombang wrote: »
    Very little meaningful analysis of policy problems or likely workable solutions.
    So that the discussion can be understood with child like simplicity. The one skill though RTE does seem to be focusing is appearing to their listeners that they are not being spoken to like children.

boombang wrote: »
    The main bias I see on RTE news output is to a really dumbed down interpretation of everything. Very little meaningful analysis of policy problems or likely workable solutions. This is compounded by a tiny attention span that won't let any contributor speak for much more than five seconds.
    Everything is framed with whatever bias RTE have on any particular issue and no awkward questions are asked, i.e, Lucky whathisface from MASI in Dublin who was here years due to failed asylum claims and who wants an end to Direct Provision is never asked how many times he appealed, why he came to Ireland in particular and what his alternative to Direct Provision is?

As with the constant pro illegal migrant stories and highlighting the latest demand for a deportation to be overturned, never asking the people why they came here, why they didn't go home, what they thought they were doing by having a bunch of kids while they were here illegally and why they never challenge these school principals who try to overturn deportation orders on students as to why they want to go against the almost 90% of voters who voted against anchor babies in a referendum on the issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

What has British Conservative politics got to do with RTE bias?

what does labour, anti-semitism and corbyn have to do with RTE bias?

• Advertisement

what does labour, anti-semitism and corbyn have to do with RTE bias?
    It's a fairly accurate reflection of Irish left wing politics with British labour left wing politics. I'd say the whole pro Palestine bolloxology of flying the Palestinian flag over the Mansion house and calling for boycotts on Israel shows a real compatibility between the Irish left wing and the British left wing and RTE is as left wing as it gets. Comrade Jihadi Jez Corbyn would feel right at home. The amount of pro Palestinian goons in this country is shocking.

It's a fairly accurate reflection of Irish left wing politics with British labour left wing politics. I'd say the whole pro Palestine bolloxology of flying the Palestinian flag over the Mansion house and calling for boycotts on Israel shows a real compatibility between the Irish left wing and the British left wing and RTE is as left wing as it gets. Comrade Jihadi Jez Corbyn would feel right at home. The amount of pro Palestinian goons in this country is shocking.

goons. lol. what a load of absolute ****e.

goons. lol. what a load of absolute ****e.
    Isn't it lovely to be able to disagree? See if the people in this country get their wish to impose hate speech laws we won't be able to do that. You see when it comes to Israel and Palestine it basically boils down to Jews versus Muslims and Irish politicians and the left wing have a bizarre determination to defend Islam no matter how abhorrent it is all the while ranting at the evil Jews, it's quite childlike in a way.

Isn't it lovely to be able to disagree? See if the people in this country get their wish to impose hate speech laws we won't be able to do that. You see when it comes to Israel and Palestine it basically boils down to Jews versus Muslims and Irish politicians and the left wing have a bizarre determination to defend Islam no matter how abhorrent it is all the while ranting at the evil Jews, it's quite childlike in a way.

When it comes to israel and palestine it comes down to the israeli state treating palestinians like something unpleasant they just stepped on. Nothing to do with defending islam or evil jews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,566 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

When it comes to israel and palestine it comes down to the israeli state treating palestinians like something unpleasant they just stepped on. Nothing to do with defending islam or evil jews.

You're wasting your time.

Tony EH wrote: »
    You're wasting your time.

yeah, i know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Removalist

I'd be willing to bet most of them wouldnt be able find Palestine on a map. Goons is right.

Removalist wrote: »
    I'd be willing to bet most of them wouldnt be able find Palestine on a map. Goons is right.

I'd take a knowledge of what is right and wrong over a knowledge of geography.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

It comes down to occupation and ethnic cleansing.

Something that strikes a chord with Irish people that have a knowledge of their own history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Zebra3 wrote: »
    It comes down to occupation and ethnic cleansing.

Something that strikes a chord with Irish people that have a knowledge of their own history.

Ethnic cleansing is a rare beast when you strip the emotive nonsense back.

The Jews might know a thing or two about that more than you or I.
    I wouldn't go lecturing them on the subject.

topper75 wrote: »
    Ethnic cleansing is a rare beast when you strip the emotive nonsense back.

The Jews might know a thing or two about that more than you or I.
    I wouldn't go lecturing them on the subject.

their history does not make them immune from criticism. It should make them more aware of what they are doing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement