Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letting Insurance lapse for a month?

Options
  • 19-02-2020 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

My insurance will be expiring next month whilst I will be abroad for a month, Am I better to insure it or would a 4 week break in cover potentially effect me and my no claims bonus? I am also planning to change over to Aviva also as they are cheaper than my current provider RSA - Bank of Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

AFAIK your NCB is good for 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,329 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Could you suspend the remainder of the policy before you go?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 82,780 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

You can break cover for up to 2 years with no loss of no claims. Only risk would be if something happened your car while you were away like it was stolen, went on fire, was in a flood etc.

• Site Banned Posts: 38 Premeditated Joke

theguzman wrote: »
    My insurance will be expiring next month whilst I will be abroad for a month, Am I better to insure it or would a 4 week break in cover potentially effect me and my no claims bonus? I am also planning to change over to Aviva also as they are cheaper than my current provider RSA - Bank of Ireland.
    So what did you do in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

So what did you do in the end?

Its not expired until mid-March, I will get it sorted this week,

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement