Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting in Germany

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

So are you saying people can have political views and it has nothing to do with them being involved in a mass shooting ?

Obviously. But where they do articulate their political views as a motivation for killing, you need to accept that. He did no such thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

alastair wrote: »
    So - no evidence to support YOUR claim. Gotcha.

The evidence for the far right motivations of the school shooter were produced. I should know - I uploaded them.

You uploaded no such evidence that this school shooting was a politically motivated act. You posted a carefully chosen paragraph from a Wikipedia article on this shooting, I can do that too from the very same article;

Police and prosecutors have not offered a motive and are investigating "a pattern of disciplinary issues and unnerving behavior"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stoneman_Douglas_High_School_shooting

The posted list is redundant nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Far right posters falling over themselves to derail the thread, doing anything to avoid talking about far right white supremacist terrorism.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

wes wrote: »
    Far right posters falling over themselves to derail the thread, doing anything to avoid talking about far right white supremacist terrorism.

literally this....the state of this thread due to people hindering on overwhelming facts that appear to be accurate as of x date..

It doesnt change what the facts are saying in the first place

You uploaded no such evidence that this school shooting was a politically motivated act.

I certainly did.

One more time for luck:
    Items recovered by police at the scene included gun magazines with swastikas carved in them. One student reported that Cruz had drawn a swastika and the words "I hate ****" on his backpack.[99] CNN reported that Cruz was in a private Instagram group chat where he expressed racist, homophobic, antisemitic, and anti-immigrant (xenophobic) views. He said he wanted to kill gay people and Mexicans, and talked about keeping black people in chains. He said he hated black people "simply because they were black," and Jewish people because he believed "they wanted to destroy the world." He also referred to white women who engaged in interracial relationships as traitors.[100]

• Advertisement

I certainly did.

One more time for luck:

One more time for luck:

Neither the police nor FBI have labelled this attack as being politically motivated, accept it, move on, this thread has literally nothing to do with the Florida school shooting, would you like to discuss the Actual right wing motivated attack in Germany or do you wish to continue this derailment?

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

It doesn't make somebody far left to challenge the idea that all or the majority of terrorism is perpetrated by right wingers.
    Nobody in this thread has defended any right wing terrorism. You need to come up with better arguments.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

AFD politician denying the far right nature of the attack:

https://twitter.com/marceldirsus/status/1230424349338894336?s=19

The attacker literally has a manifesto detailing there far right motive for the attack.
    The far right not only refuses to condemn far right terror they refuse to accept the motive, even when the attacker details it in a manifesto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Burty330 wrote: »
    He was a left winger. FACT.

You do know all ISIS and ISIS affiliates are right wingers right?

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

Bowie wrote: »
    You do know all ISIS and ISIS affiliates are right wingers right?

And?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Burty330 wrote: »
    And?

So the whole left outrage falls on it's arse.

One more time for luck:

Neither the police nor FBI have labelled this attack as being politically motivated, accept it, move on, this thread has literally nothing to do with the Florida school shooting, would you like to discuss the Actual right wing motivated attack in Germany or do you wish to continue this derailment?

Seemingly the guy with the swastikas on his weapons saying he wanted to kill people on the back of his political beliefs isn’t sufficient for you. I get that. I also get that you haven’t supported your FBI claim. Both very revealing.

b39664ce79b7584897a10024ffdf1283_md.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

The absolute state of them. Every fash-loving knuckle dragger in this country is registered here in an attempt to astro-turf their bigotry into society as a whole. These are people who likely each have 20 anonymous Twitter accounts each designed with vaguely fascist imagery amidst with a background of faux "Celtic mysticism".

The sort of losers who spend their days trolling and threatening female journalists when they're not posting their nonsense here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Off his trolley/medication

On what seems to have been his personal website, taken offline in the hours since the attack, Rathjen had uploaded a 24-page text in which he tells his life story, claiming that his thoughts and actions have been controlled by mind-readers working for an unnamed “intelligence agency”.

He also mentions an act of “war”, which he says would be aimed as a “double blow” against the secret organisation he believes is watching over him and the “degeneration of the people”.

In his rambling statement, the Hanau attacker also claims to have invented the slogan “America First” and predicted the plots of numerous Hollywood movies, as well as the career of Liverpool FC’s coach, Jürgen Klopp.

A few days before the attack Rathjen uploaded an English-language video to Youtube in which he tried to warn Americans that they were controlled by devil-worshipping “secret societies”.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/20/hanau-gunman-tobias-rathjen-railed-against-ethnic-minorities-online

Odhinn wrote: »

Has Gemma lost one of her followers then? Other than the Klopp and movie stuff, it seems very on-brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Has Gemma lost one of her followers then? Other than the Klopp and movie stuff, it seems very on-brand.

They certainly would be swimming in the same general direction, tis true.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Odhinn wrote: »
    he tried to warn Americans that they were controlled by devil-worshipping “secret societies”.

Classic SF/PbP level anti semitism right there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

The guy was obviously completely insane and it doesn't matter a hoot if he said he was right wing, left wing or chicken wing. Much of these attacks have the same hallmarks and that's insanity be it Islamic, white Christian whatever...

It's actually very rare to see a well coordinated terrorist plot take shape anywhere anymore such is the professionalism of the security forces of the western world. It's usually just some madman small cocked loser.

Classic SF/PbP level anti semitism right there

Classic projection there. He says they worship the devil, which isn’t anything I’ve heard either SF or PBP spend too much time on. No mention of Jews at all. It’s rather more Pizzagate conspiracy stuff - the domain of the alt-****e.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Burty330 is now threadbanned

Everyone else - this is about the incident last night in Germany. Stop trying to bring other incidents into it. If you feel you have nothing else to say on yesterday's incident do not post in this thread

Any questions PM me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

Its still terrorism , even if you just want to call it ‘campaigning’

If we want to start a heirarchy of terrorism we have :

Islam
    Left and right wing political terrorism
    Economic terrorism caused by protests
    General vandalism.

Where do we stop giving out about it ?

Vandalism, really? So the teenager scrawling I love Sandra's knickers on the back of the 77a is a terrorist now? Or is it only if he scrawled it with his left hand?

You've lost the plot there Eric.

The absolute state of them. Every fash-loving knuckle dragger in this country is registered here in an attempt to astro-turf their bigotry into society as a whole. These are people who likely each have 20 anonymous Twitter accounts each designed with vaguely fascist imagery amidst with a background of faux "Celtic mysticism".

The sort of losers who spend their days trolling and threatening female journalists when they're not posting their nonsense here.

That's quite the imagination you have there.

Seemingly the guy with the swastikas on his weapons saying he wanted to kill people on the back of his political beliefs isn’t sufficient for you. I get that. I also get that you haven’t supported your FBI claim. Both very revealing.

So you've no interest in discussing the actual right-wing attack in Germany, you're more interested in classifying a school shooting in Florida, which neither the FBI or state police ever classified as being politically motivated, FACT, as being an attack of right-wing terror... why? Just admit you're mistaken, it's fine, I think no less of you I assure you, posting paragraphs from Wikipedia and screenshots from Reddit proves nothing. The Florida school shooting was not politically motivated and was not once classified as such by any authority, that you can't post a single quote from a police or FBI source despite your googling should tell you this. I've digressed for the last time, this thread has literally nothing to do with that attack, why it was brought into discussion is utterly bizzare.

So you've no interest in discussing the actual right-wing attack in Germany, you're more interested in classifying a school shooting in Florida, which neither the FBI or state police ever classified as being politically motivated, FACT, as being an attack of right-wing terror... why? Just admit you're mistaken, it's fine, I think no less of you I assure you, posting paragraphs from Wikipedia and screenshots from Reddit proves nothing. The Florida school shooting was not politically motivated and was not once classified as such by any authority, that you can't post a single quote from a police or FBI source despite your googling should tell you this. I've digressed for the last time, this thread has literally nothing to do with that attack, why it was brought into discussion is utterly bizzare.

I note you’re no longer claiming the FBI said that there was no political motive. Which is kinda handy, given they did no such thing. The Boston bomber wasn’t designated a terrorist either, but we can all determine for ourselves what’s political. The killer said he wanted to kill ‘Antifa’, gays, African Americans, liberals. He scrawled swastikas on his guns and went out and killed people. The reason that killing was brought into issue is because you seemingly believe there’s no evidence he killed on the back of a far right ideology. Clearly his own words and deeds are unconvincing for you. It’s a YOU thing.

This German guy is no less motivated by similar ideology. He just knocked out a manifesto rather that limit himself to social media posts.

That's quite the imagination you have there.
    It's not imagination, it's fact that the far right are massively overrepresented online.

And it's a concerted strategy.

But sure gaslight away all you want.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

A post was actioned and deleted, but despite that another poster has decided to put up a screenshot on 2 occasions

Those posts plus follow ups deleted

Now back on topic and stop discussing other posters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Englo wrote: »
    I think you need to reevaluate what you are reading.

Post: "Hanau has a history of far right extrenism according to some on twitter"

Reply: "in 100 years people might view them as freedom fighters rather than far right extremists.

Beyond the obvious point that nobody refers to social media talking heads as" freedom fighters", the person you are defending made it explicitly clear that they were not referring to these Twitter users, but were indeed talking about far right extremists and terrorists.

Perhaps you shouldn't be so eager to get offended.

A post of mine from last night.
    The vast majority of all terror attacks are Islamic that is a raw fact.

However evil is evil and whoever did this is evil filth.

Stick and stones will break bones calling bad names should not hurt you but bombs and bullets will kill.

The families on the dead never get over these kind of deaths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Beasty wrote: »
    A post was actioned and deleted, but despite that another poster has decided to put up a screenshot on 2 occasions

Those posts plus follow ups deleted

Now back on topic and stop discussing other posters

Sorry Beasty.

Modding must be a nightmare and I was wrong it was a rightwing attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Englo

A post of mine from last night.
    OK, so is it fair to assume that you did indeed misread that post you initially thanked? It's not a big deal, happens all the time to just about everyone.

• Advertisement

The ideology behind last night's attack and the attack on the mosque in London today is no different from that of Kristallnacht.

And yet we have posters here downplaying the threat of that ideology.

There are two possibilities here. Either some lads have never opened a history book in their lives or they are actively out to protect that evil ideology.

Advertisement