Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eir How to cancel the service

• 20-02-2020 12:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

Anyone know how to cancel?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Ring 1901 and be put on hold for a long time. You'll get through eventually. It's a free phone number. Best of luck, I'm a survivor of them myself.

They are a total pain in the arße. They billed me for equipment I sent back too, but sorted that out via dm on Twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

See: https://www.eir.ie/cancelling/

Properly you have to notify them in writing and give them 30 days notice. Save yourself the dose of phoning customer care and just do the above. Cancel your direct debits when you are all paid up as from my experience you will get more bills and debits if you don't watch it.

Jim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭Samson1

westyIrl wrote: »
    See: https://www.eir.ie/cancelling/

Properly you have to notify them in writing and give them 30 days notice. Save yourself the dose of phoning customer care and just do the above. Cancel your direct debits when you are all paid up as from my experience you will get more bills and debits if you don't watch it.

Jim

Hi, thanks for the above.

So I wrote to the Eir address in Cork as set out on their website as above on the 9th March, to cancel their broadband. I have heard nothing back from them since. Is this normal (Eir!!), standard for them, or should I try and contact them otherwise? by Chat or what? Or just wait?

It is hard to believe what an appalling service they have, but suffice to say I will never ever go back.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭adrian92

Samson1 wrote: »

So I wrote to the Eir address in Cork as set out on their website as above on the 9th March, to cancel their broadband. I have heard nothing back from them since. Is this normal (Eir!!), standard for them, or should I try and contact them otherwise? by Chat or what? Or just wait?

It is hard to believe what an appalling service they have, but suffice to say I will never ever go back.

Thanks again.
    I had thought that there were consumers protecting bodies to assist us all with this.
    Eir has defeated me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

Samson1 wrote: »

Thanks again.

I should have added that even doing this doesn't guarantee anything. That is what the dose is with them. Even doing what they ask you to do (by outdated means) doesn't always work. Basically, if you've sent the letter, you are within your rights to cancel all debits etc. as far as I am concerned. Yes you have to put up with receiving demands and debt collector letters for a while, as I have done for the past number of months, that go straight to the bin. I've cancelled a number of accounts with them and at this stage and rather wasting money on the stamp, I ring them and tell them I sent it a month ago and vent with some poor customer care person who doesn't know what to do in any case but log the complaint.

If Comreg were worth their salt, it should be mandatory for operators to have an online portal to allow cancelling services that same day. They can sign us up within minutes afterall.

I don't believe that it's Eir being intentionally dismal at cancelling services but just that they are making more money by not facilitating and also not providing any service. I've seen plenty friends and family jolted enough by demand letters, let alone debt collector letters, to just pay up. You just have to have a hard nose I'm afraid.

Jim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭yankinlk

1901 works if you want to be sure. I had a proper cancel conversation on the phone and I got a code to confirm it online after. If you sent a letter, during covid who is opening it?

They finally rang me to rectify the problem I had been complaining about for 6 months once I cancelled. 3 calls from a customer advocate after I was gone looking for feedback. They really have resources assigned the wrong way around. I told them I left for pennies in the end... so much easier if they listened BEFORE I left them.

Oh well, never go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭manodepeeple

I know this isn't helping the OP, but what company uses an excuse like "...our e-mail address is under maintenance..." for (apparently) months?
    https://www.boards.ie/ttfpost/107991378

Advertisement