Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travellers close down motorway to race horses

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Sure they had to take a few days off from flaking each other in the streets and in carparks to try something new.

The rest of the population use motorways to get to work, they use them to push already mistreated animals to exhaustion.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Sure they had to take a few days off from flaking each other in the streets and in carparks to try something new.

The rest of the population use motorways to get to work, they use them to push already mistreated animals to exhaustion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Knackers gonna knack..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,357 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

In before something something culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,081 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

In before something something culture.

In before someone asks why the OP assumes they are travellers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,357 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Settled people do this every day of the week, in between dropping their rubbish off at halting sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Is there any point in this thread.. we all know nothing will be done or can be done. Its there culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Is there any point in this thread.. we all know nothing will be done or can be done. Its there culture.

No, you're right, nothing can be done, I was just venting frustration. It's the disdain in which they treat animals and the environment that irks me the most, but I suppose we just have to live with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

No, you're right, nothing can be done, I was just venting frustration. It's the disdain in which they treat animals and the environment that irks me the most, but I suppose we just have to live with it.

Not only animals but they have no respect or responsibility for any of their actions. As soon as someone has the balls to speak up they are attacked and classed as racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

Come on lads didn’t Enda give them freedom of Ireland to do what they want and when and where and the big thing not to work or contribute to society in anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭whomenonotme

This is just last weekend. Absolute scumbags for the way they treat animals alone.
    But also why wouldnt they do things like this? The law doesnt apply to them and never will. This is 2020 ffs, not the wild west.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/garda%C3%AD-investigating-four-lane-motorway-sulky-race-1.4178928

It's not exclusively Travellers doing this. I met someone who works with horses (legitimately) who takes part in these road races. He also races in Portmarnock raceway but when I asked why still do the road races he said there's nothing like the buzz and adrenaline of doing the road races.

Lads doing this put up facebook live videos like this (not the person I was talking to) https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1131107823734848&id=100005069225157

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 231 ✭✭Martin Lanigan

Come on lads didn’t Enda give them freedom of Ireland to do what they want and when and where and the big thing not to work or contribute to society in anyway.

They do contribute - to the crime stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,081 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

It's not exclusively Travellers doing this. I met someone who works with horses (legitimately) who takes part in these road races. He also races in Portmarnock raceway but when I asked why still do the road races he said there's nothing like the buzz and adrenaline of doing the road races.

Lads doing this put up facebook live videos like this (not the person I was talking to) https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1131107823734848&id=100005069225157

I see it didn’t take long

• Registered Users Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭Hoboo

He might not be a Traveller, but anyone doing road races is an absolute knacker in the modern sense of the word.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

Hoboo wrote: »
    He might not be a Traveller, but anyone doing road races is an absolute knacker in the modern sense of the word.

Exactly!

It's not something any normal person would do, only scummers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

There's only someting like 30,000 of them in Ireland. Imagine the state of the place if there was a 100,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Traveller privilege in full show again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Dr. Colossus

Have Pavee Point commented yet?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Are you sure that’s not the new sinn fien parliamentary party heading to the dail earlier on??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Have Pavee Point commented yet?:D

They are just in the middle of being barred from a pub.they'll comment shortly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Gavlor wrote: »
    Are you sure that’s not the new sinn fien parliamentary party heading to the dail earlier on??

If you're going to try and be clever or funny, at least learn to spell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

If you're going to try and be clever or funny, at least learn to spell.

*try TO be

A few hours ago, drove past a withered-looking pony strapped to an electricity pole outside a halting site. Rope wasn't long enough to allow it graze, just hemmed in on a concrete patch. Call put into the local animal rescue without delay. Hopefully the poor creature has been liberated into a much better existence. "Culture" be damned.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

A few hours ago, drove past a withered-looking pony strapped to an electricity pole outside a halting site. Rope wasn't long enough to allow it graze, just hemmed in on a concrete patch. Call put into the local animal rescue without delay. Hopefully the poor creature has been liberated into a much better existence. "Culture" be damned.

If you shot the poor thing in the head you'd be doing it a favour

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

Diceicle wrote: »
    There's only someting like 30,000 of them in Ireland. Imagine the state of the place if there was a 100,000.

Imagine if 10% of the Male and 22% of the female of that 30k were not in prison. And people wonder why the majority of normal people are absolutely sick of their culture.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/disproportionate-number-of-travellers-in-prison-population-1.3263524

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

The poor animals, they must have been terrified with the cars driving so close behind them.
    I won't pretend to be a horse expert but I know that galloping on tarmac and other hard surfaces can be extremely painful and dangerous for them.
    Its just downright cruelty.
    I saw a lot of comments under the FB article from apologists, stating these are the most loved and cared for animals in the world and all members of that minority group care deeply for their animals..Absolute BS. They only care about selfishly making money out of them.
    I don't know how they repeatedly get away with this crap & how some are still so blind to their ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

There was a dead horse lying on the road at the entrance to Dunsink Lane yesterday morning. A Garda Car with the blues on beside it. No doubt settled people left it there again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

SusieBlue wrote: »
    I don't know how they repeatedly get away with this crap & how some are still so blind to their ways.

Simple. €€€€. For lawyers. Quangos and any "academics" willing to play along with the "prejudice and disadvantage" narrative.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    There was a dead horse lying on the road at the entrance to Dunsink Lane yesterday morning. A Garda Car with the blues on beside it. No doubt settled people left it there again.

It amazes me that in 2020 you don't need a licence to own a horse in Ireland.

Should be a simple process:
    To get a Licence, you must own or lease land to keep the animal.
    If you don't have the land, you cant have a licence.
    If you're caught with a horse without a licence the Horse is Euthanised.
    Any horses grazing/left tied up on public land are Euthanised.

They're better off dead than in the hands of these people.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 231 ✭✭Martin Lanigan

CrankyHaus wrote: »

The Amish strike again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement