Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travellers close down motorway to race horses

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Ah here... if my eyes rolled any further into my skull from the irony and hypocrisy, I'd have to get them surgically fixed.

Try not to have an aneurysm.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

Minding every little letter of the law just doesn't. (maybe i am just evil! :P )

There is no doubt if you keep racing on the road one day an accident will happen though. That would strike a chord with me.

But how are you going to stop it?

I just think its funny when people get so upset by it.

It would not be funny is your speding 3 hours a day to get 30kms on m50 getting charged tax on diesel, tolls and and motor tax and potential to get points for going 5 kms over limit, and you see videos of a loads of lads doing whatever they want and not having any repercussions.

Its about trying to act like your part of a functioning society that follow rules and laws like the 90% of other people. Yea you can see them as sheep or idiots but if everyone said sucknit i will shut down thr n7 , place would be totally screwed.

So i want to go out ant put a stinger accoss the road and take every tyre out of it in that race and tell them.a to go fu*k themselves.

It's not exclusively Travellers doing this. I met someone who works with horses (legitimately) who takes part in these road races. He also races in Portmarnock raceway but when I asked why still do the road races he said there's nothing like the buzz and adrenaline of doing the road races.

Lads doing this put up facebook live videos like this (not the person I was talking to) https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1131107823734848&id=100005069225157

Yet again. It is not just travelers.

So i want to go out ant put a stinger accoss the road and take every tyre out of it in that race and tell them.a to go fu*k themselves.

oookaaay

• Registered Users Posts: 12,844 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I just think its funny when people get so upset by it.

You think it's funny that people are upset watching lawless idiots have a horse race on the main thoroughfare into our capital city? You genuinely haven't a clue have you?

I saw a WhatsApp video recently where 2 travellers were racing horses down a road. One of them fell off and I'm fairly sure he was either dead or seriously injured after it. The rest of the idiots stood around him filming with their phones. After a while a single voice said "ambulance".
    Now there's a road with either a fatality there or it's impassable now because of these clowns.

• Advertisement

mfceiling wrote: »
    You think it's funny that people are upset watching lawless idiots have a horse race on the main thoroughfare into our capital city? You genuinely haven't a clue have you?

I saw a WhatsApp video recently where 2 travellers were racing horses down a road. One of them fell off and I'm fairly sure he was either dead or seriously injured after it. The rest of the idiots stood around him filming with their phones. After a while a single voice said "ambulance".
    Now there's a road with either a fatality there or it's impassable now because of these clowns.

Yeah i think its weird people get so worked up about it. Shrug there you go.

Hope the lad was ok.

I think its weird when people get angry over things they can't change though ..but i guess its passion ...it just sounds so single minded.

But hey its just people's opinions.

I think people get carried away sometimes in threads like these.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I don't know a lot of travelers. I don't think i know any.

I wouldn't come across many where i live.

Hello, I'm here to defend travellers, to tell you all how well they treat their animals, how you're all wrong. In fact I'm so sure I'm right I'll make ten pages of comments arguing with everyone on the matter.

Doesn't.actually.know.a.single.traveller.

Talking bollocks.

Hello, I'm here to defend travellers, to tell you all how well they treat their animals, how you're all wrong. In fact I'm so sure I'm right I'll make ten pages of comments arguing with everyone on the matter.

Doesn't.actually.know.a.single.traveller.

Talking bollocks.

Gosh you take things so seriously!

Why is this thread about travellers not sulky racers?

Its been clearly demonstrated by me and many other posters earlier in the thread that its not only travelers.
    Originally Posted by dd973 View Post
    I say good luck to 'em, most Irish people are two or three generations removed from peasantry yet like to believe that they're 'up there' with Euro cosmopolitans like the Swiss or the Danes, that they've never been poor in their history or had to take the mail boat to stand hungover on Cricklewood Broadway at 6am with Paddy, Joe and Mick working on the lump.

The tinkers are a nasty little reminder that your're not all that grand underneath all the pretentiousness.

Kinda true.

Other than you not needing to use the motorway as long as the animals are well looked after then fair game? The garda should have better things to worry about?

One of the busiest roads in the country, the main artery in and out of our capital city and it's being used completely illegally and you think the garda should have better things to worry about.

That is/was disgraceful what they did. Imagine that happening on the M25 outside London...it would be all over the BBC news and I can guarantee you the British police would be over it like a rash.

Its a dual carriage way ...as far as i know you can have a sulky on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,844 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Its a dual carriage way ...as far as i know you can have a sulky on it.

It's a 3 lane carriageway from the N9 turn until the Red Cow.

3 lanes = not dual carriageway.

Dual...clue is in the name.

• Advertisement

It's a 3 lane carriageway from the N9 turn until the Red Cow.

3 lanes = not dual carriageway.

Dual...clue is in the name.
    My mistake.

Seriously though despite being informed its not just travelers this is just a traveler bashing thread at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject71

My mistake.

Seriously though despite being informed its not just travelers this is just a traveler bashing thread at this stage.

It's about the opinions and experiences people have had with Travellers.You said you haven't have any experience with them. So look up your nearest halting site. Stroll down and have a talk with them. And then come back to us.

And on a side note I thought you were being unfair to Ave regarding their knowledge of equines. Which brings me to another question you asked another poster. How many horses have you owned?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mod: So many reported posts about this thread this evening. It has just become another boring traveller bashing thread that we've seen (and locked) a thousand times before.

Guess what I'm going to do?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement