Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do low wage workers manage to live here?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,504 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Sometimes boards makes me laugh. 50K a low salary!
    For every 10 people I know, I'd say around 8 or even 9 are on less than 50K.
    50K is higher than the national average wage.
    A wage that is already completely distorted by top earners.

We all live in our own bubble when everyone you work with has a degree and its professional employment and your partner, family and friends are the same that is the reality you live and have your existence in, so it can be hard to see outside your own bubble at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

Read this today and thought of this thread.

On average, a couple or single person needs to be earning just under €100,000 P/A to be able to buy a home (not house) in Dublin now.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/report-reveals-how-much-couple-needs-to-earn-in-order-to-buy-house-in-dublin-985411.html

Basically this means if you're in your mid 20's and single and are looking to buy a property in Dublin you have little or no hope of achieving that, unless you get help from family.
    I don't know anyone in their mid 20's earning €100k

I actually think we're heading towards the perfect storm in terms of infra meltdown and property price ballooning.

Advertisement