Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jim Root Jazzmaster

Options
  • 20-02-2020 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭

Bit obsessed with the Jim Root Jazzmaster. More specifically the matt black version rather than the new white one. There is about €300 of a difference in the price with the matt black circa €1,600. Its alot of money but is it worth it? Think I might be crazy even considering it.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

the goon wrote: »
    Bit obsessed with the Jim Root Jazzmaster. More specifically the matt black version rather than the new white one. There is about €300 of a difference in the price with the matt black circa €1,600. Its alot of money but is it worth it? Think I might be crazy even considering it.....

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭the goon

Well the biggest difference that I can see is that the Black one has EMG 81 and 60 pickups whereas the white has his signature open coil EMG's. The white also has the mother-of-pearl style fret inlays which look good imo. Everything else appears the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭the goon

Thanks for that. I'm kind of mad because I'd go for the new version in heartbeat if it was black. I just don't like the white version. Kind of balking at the idea of paying a couple of hundred more based on colour.

the goon wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I'm kind of mad because I'd go for the new version in heartbeat if it was black. I just don't like the white version. Kind of balking at the idea of paying a couple of hundred more based on colour.

I reckon it's just the pickups that you're paying the extra 300 for. Whether it's justifiable or not is another story. I'd check out the audio samples of each guitar on Thomann.ie or have a look at demonstration videos on YouTube.

• Advertisement
Advertisement