Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Highfield Park

Options
  • 20-02-2020 1:24pm

Hi. We’ve been looking at a house for sale in Highfield Park. I’m not really familiar with the area but it seems very family friendly whenever I’ve been to see the house. Does anybody have experience living there? What’s it like? Are there many kids/young families? We have 4 kids primary school age and younger. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Lived there many years ago and visit friends there frequently. Nice area with a good community spirit. Used to be a lot of people walking through from Salthill etc at the weekends but not sure about now.
    If it's the house I'm thinking of, it may need a lot of updating, but I think that's built into the price.
    Good luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

It's very quiet. There's no issue at all anymore with people walking home from Salthil at night. I haven't seen any issues with any sort of unsociable behaviour. There's a good neighbourhood alert system too with texts if anything unusual does happen. It's beginning to have a lovely community sort of feel.

It's mostly older settled people but there are families with young kids and I do spot the kids out playing and they look like they're having a great time together. At Halloween little kids from different families got together went around to doors with a parent and in the summer there were nice activities for small children supervised by parents too. There was sleepover in the park with tents and a camp fire and I think a little garden area where the children grow things in a park. Before Christmas there's a neighbourhood dinner in a local hotel and Santa comes. I think it looks really lovely for children.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

It's very quiet. There's no issue at all anymore with people walking home from Salthil at night. I haven't seen any issues with any sort of unsociable behaviour. There's a good neighbourhood alert system too with texts if anything unusual does happen. It's beginning to have a lovely community sort of feel.

It's mostly older settled people but there are families with young kids and I do spot the kids out playing and they look like they're having a great time together. At Halloween little kids from different families got together went around to doors with a parent and in the summer there were nice activities for small children supervised by parents too. There was sleepover in the park with tents and a camp fire and I think a little garden area where the children grow things in a park. Before Christmas there's a neighbourhood dinner in a local hotel and Santa comes. I think it looks really lovely for children.

I live there and can agree with everything Whimsical has said. Great community and quite a few children. As mentioned the children have a communal garden on one of the greens and a gardening/nature group called "Wild Things". We also have clean up days so the estate is well kept, and there is a coffee morning for the more mature residents once a month. Great place to be. Location is handy, walking distance to many places and you can catch a bus on Taylor's Hill or Seamus Quirke Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I lived there many years ago and liked it.
    Very quiet and only 20 mins walk down to Dominic street.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭what_traffic

cuddle wrote: »
    Hi. We’ve been looking at a house for sale in Highfield Park. I’m not really familiar with the area but it seems very family friendly whenever I’ve been to see the house. Does anybody have experience living there? What’s it like? Are there many kids/young families? We have 4 kids primary school age and younger. Thanks!

Great location - an area would move into in the near future. Houses do not come up too often there; it has a good mix, have friends there who say more young familys there now and than 10 years ago.
    Good luck Friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Just go for it if the house itself makes sense.

The area has everything going for it. I struggle to think of one disadvantage. The only one may be the house itself. Obviously I've no idea what it's like but to be honest, I'd take a slight wreck there rather than a pristine palace in pretty much everywhere else in Galway.

Good luck and welcome to Galway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

?Cee?view wrote: »
    Just go for it if the house itself makes sense.

The area has everything going for it. I struggle to think of one disadvantage. The only one may be the house itself. Obviously I've no idea what it's like but to be honest, I'd take a slight wreck there rather than a pristine palace in pretty much everywhere else in Galway.

Good luck and welcome to Galway!
    Agreed on Highfield. Wish i lived there. Great community spirit, no snobbery and convenient location.

Advertisement