Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another dead homeless person

Options
  • 20-02-2020 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/overhaul-of-system-called-for-after-homeless-man-found-dead-in-phoenix-park-982771.html

Sort of becoming a normalised thing in society now people dying on the streets.

Funny this story hasn't gained much traction in the media all we hear is of the punch and judy show of people staring the Dail.

Homelessness should not exist in any caring society but as we know it isn't a caring society everyone is looking out for Nuermo Uno.

As our government spends millions and millions of taxpayers money on economic migrants in direct provision centres, to be ANOTHER one in Tullamore town it begs the question?.

Why can't a country look after it's own citizens (some of whom die on the streets) before it can look after people from aboard?

They could but they won't as they simply don't care and are following orders for UN and EU migration pacts.

Fantastic video showing how immigration damages both countries.

The immigration issue never looks at the simple fact if people are leaving their country it damages their own country, why?.

When the shyt hits the fan surely a country needs it's folk to help recover rather than everyone jump ship immediately to the country with lax borders and generous welfare systems.

RIP to the person, I don't know much about it as the media is being coy but hey.

But I am a firm believer in a coutry taking care of it's own first.

We don't owe asylum seekers/migrants anything. Literally nothing.

I know many point out foreign people are doctors etc that's great foreign folk do everything we can who'd of thunk it!. These people certainly aren't coming here as asylum seekers.

One of the most foolish arguments as well is oh migrants do jobs Irish won't so we need them here.
    How insulting is that!. Well the crappy jobs will do them I certainly won't do them. Remember saying to a woman who had a trivial job 'marketing consultant' would they be happy if an asylum seeker took their job. She said 'Oh they couldn't do it!.':rolleyes:
    That arrogance beggars belief.

I know it's nigh on impossible to have a legitimate debate on this with people as almost everyone nowadays brainwashed to within an inch of their lifes with political correctness and assume everyone who questions anything is nuts or racist or some other such nonsense. RTE or the politicians wouldn't lie now would they?. :rolleyes:

As I have pointed out to folk on this it doesn't matter if you are dating/married to a different race woman with mixed race kids (which I am) people so far gone with the politically correct conditioning they are like broken records.
    You can't say this or that or something else, think these folk be more suited to North Korea if they don't like debate or discussion!.

Should Ireland house it's own indigenous citizens before migrants/asylum seekers? 81 votes

Yes
    75% 61 votes
    No
    24% 20 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,642 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Change the thread title to 'Same old immigration stuff'.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 231 ✭✭Martin Lanigan

People with homes also die. Did he die because he was homeless?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I voted no, but only because 5e topic is nuanced, and the poll isn’t. It’s not a yes/no question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Lonesomerhodes

Well it certainly didn't help.

Cold, frost, lack of cleaning facilites or warmth etc etc.

Why not look after the man with a basic home rather than millions and billions on direct provision centres.

I know the left leaning loola's will say direct provision centres aren't a home.

Very true.

Neither is a tent in a park or a cardboard in a shop doorway however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭feelthepower

Look most homeless people have addictions and mental health issues and a lot of them don't want to be helped.

There is only so much that can be done unless you physically take them to a detox center and mental health services.

Every country in the world has homeless people. Even if you gave them a social house to live in they would still feck it up.

Seriously OP, you have no clue about homeless people on the streets whatsoover.

• Advertisement

Well it certainly didn't help.

Cold, frost, lack of cleaning facilites or warmth etc etc.

Why not look after the man with a basic home rather than millions and billions on direct provision centres.

I know the left leaning loola's will say direct provision centres aren't a home.

Very true.

Neither is a tent in a park or a cardboard in a shop doorway however.

How do you know it didn't help? For all we know being homeless might have kept him alive longer than if he had had a home?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Person dies

Start thread to rant about immigration

You have to love the new level of racism in Ireland

Maybe it would be better to look at people like the new SF TD who ripped off a charity which meant they couldn’t offer housing to anyone else???? Loads our very own Irish are doing that exact thing on a day to day basis but never gets mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Drugs related death I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Gatling wrote:
    Drugs related death I believe

Drug related homelessness too I'll wager.

People need to distinhguish between correlation and causation.

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Person dies

Start thread to rant about immigration

You have to love the new level of racism in Ireland

Maybe it would be better to look at people like the new SF TD who ripped off a charity which meant they couldn’t offer housing to anyone else???? Loads our very own Irish are doing that exact thing on a day to day basis but never gets mentioned

That was quick. Racism mentioned on the first page, don't you get tired of the tourettes just shouting that word every few minutes to anyone you disagree with?. Or anyone you haven't the gumption to debate?.

I have a feeling I embrace other races far more than you!.
    My missus is not my race and neither is my daughter (well she's mixed race) Can't get anymore committed to dedicating your life to and providing for and loving two people of different race!.

Course you could never understand that the Orwellian Politically correct brainwashing stops you from seeing any logic or reason whatsoever.

All I'm saying is house our own folk first then see what can be done for others.

Their really is no reason for Irish citizens to be homeless.

This country has money to house these folk, when I worked in the civil service I was genuinely shocked how much money was wasted. Literally hundreds of thousands on stupid crap, one splurge (to use up the budget so they get it next year) was for software that was never even used, never even looked at.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Look most homeless people have addictions and mental health issues and a lot of them don't want to be helped.

There is only so much that can be done unless you physically take them to a detox center and mental health services.

Every country in the world has homeless people. Even if you gave them a social house to live in they would still feck it up.

I wonder how true this is really?

When I see person begging outside a supermarket or something I usually buy them a sandwich and a drink.

I know I might come across as gruff on this site but inside I am a softy I really feel sorry for these people.
    Whatever the reason their lives much be really cr*p.

People talk about tolerance but they look at these homeless people like they are filth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I know right, what a dick. Dying, thinking he's special or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

I actually thought this might be a well considered thread about how to help the true homeless but no.

It's just another anti-immigration thread.

Immigration has NO effect whatsoever on the street sleepers.

Bowie wrote: »
    I know right, what a dick. Dying, thinking he's special or something...

No idea what you are on about. I doubt you know either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

That was quick. Racism mentioned on the first page, don't you get tired of the tourettes just shouting that word every few minutes to anyone you disagree with?. Or anyone you haven't the gumption to debate?.

I have a feeling I embrace other races far more than you!.
    My missus is not my race and neither is my daughter (well she's mixed race) Can't get anymore committed to dedicating your life to and providing for and loving two people of different race!.

Course you could never understand that the Orwellian Politically correct brainwashing stops you from seeing any logic or reason whatsoever.

All I'm saying is house our own folk first then see what can be done for others.

Their really is no reason for Irish citizens to be homeless.

This country has money to house these folk, when I worked in the civil service I was genuinely shocked how much money was wasted. Literally hundreds of thousands on stupid crap, one splurge (to use up the budget so they get it next year) was for software that was never even used, never even looked at.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.thejournal.ie/dublin-city-council-5-4956180-Jan2020/%3famp=1

Have a read, then come back to us....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

A billion years ago humans didn't live in homes, maybe these guys got it right perhaps we're not meant for confined living

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭RonanG86

You can't say this or that or something else, think these folk be more suited to North Korea if they don't like debate or discussion!.

I am so sick of this lie.

Here is less than a dozen people getting national coverage because they're complaining about immigrants taking all the houses: https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/house-the-irish-first-group-halts-building-work-on-65-social-homes-in-west-dublin-1.4174252
    (And btw, their protest was covered by RTE Radio at prime commuting time when it started, so it's not just because they halted work on the site)

Is anyone censoring them? Are they being arrested and sent to the Gulag for their anti-immigrant opinions? Has the Irish Indo been disbanded for covering people who are critical of immigration? Hell, is the thread on this very website about them full of criticism because they said bad things about immigrants? It isn't. Most of the criticism of them on here is because they're deemed to be unemployed gougers rather than over their comments on immigration.

Did anyone stop the Irish Freedom Party or the National Party from running? Has Gemma Doherty been erased from the public eye by the PC/SJW Gestapo?
    Has this thread been immediately deleted and you banned because it's forbidden to say "this or that"?

What you mean by "you can't say this or that" is "I can say this or that, but no one listens." This is just right wing victimhood, selling the fact that the majority of people aren't actually interested in anything you have to say as some form of societal censorship. Maybe, just maybe, people don't agree of their own free will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

No idea what you are on about. I doubt you know either.

You were being flippant about someone dying. Was pointing it out with sarcasm, It's all there to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Spleerbun

I agree with bits and pieces of your post, but Jesus Christ how much more money do you want to spend on homelessness? Gargantuan sums are pumped into it every year, maybe we need to look at spending it better. Why do we have so many homeless charities for example? All competing with each other for the same resources. All with their own staff to pay. Thousands of people who's livelihoods depend on there being a homeless problem, what would they do if we completely eradicated the problem I wonder. Not in their interests really is it. I'd be taking a serious look at these bleeding hearts, wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Oranage2 wrote: »
    A billion years ago humans didn't live in homes, maybe these guys got it right perhaps we're not meant for confined living

I'd happy with a tippee and a squaw to keep me company

• Advertisement

Bowie wrote: »
    You were being flippant about someone dying. Was pointing it out with sarcasm, It's all there to read.

People die everyday, most of them don't get politicised for someone to use for point scoring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭MakingMovies2

So a homeless person dies and ops response is to blame the brown people? Not racist at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

I'm not sure what the point of the OP is. Is there genuine concern that irish people are dying or is this just an excuse to blame asylum seekers for all society's problems.

Eitherway I fundamentally disagree with his argument...

"We don't owe asylum seekers/migrants anything. Literally nothing"

We do own them. On a moral level we owe them. On a religious level we owe them. On a political level we owe them.

We either take part in the world, and the responsibilities than come with it or we don't. I want Ireland to take part in the world and all the good and bad involved. I don't want ireland to close itself off in a nationalist isolationist extremist state.

I'm also all for controls and balances in the system. But they already exist. They are not perfect, but they exist. But reality and facts get in the way of nationalist extremism. (Which I'm not saying the OP is peddling).

Anyone who thinks that its accurate or appropriate to blame a very small amount of foreign nationals for the ills of society is either pretty stupid, misguided or racist

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

First Up wrote: »
    Drug related homelessness too I'll wager.

People need to distinhguish between correlation and causation.

"but they all started drugs after they became homeless"
    - people living in dublin 4 who vote for PbP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Ahead of Georgians and Albanians and failed asylum seekers, Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

How do you know the homeless person was Irish?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,172 ✭✭✭limnam

Another death on Eoghan's watch.

What clowns put this guy back in.

limnam wrote: »
    Another death on Eoghan's watch.

What clowns put this guy back in.

Same clowns that voted for a sponger like Violet-Anne and a racist like Cronin.

I'm not sure what the point of the OP is. Is there genuine concern that irish people are dying or is this just an excuse to blame asylum seekers for all society's problems.

Eitherway I fundamentally disagree with his argument...

"We don't owe asylum seekers/migrants anything. Literally nothing"

We do own them. On a moral level we owe them. On a religious level we owe them. On a political level we owe them.

We either take part in the world, and the responsibilities than come with it or we don't. I want Ireland to take part in the world and all the good and bad involved. I don't want ireland to close itself off in a nationalist isolationist extremist state.

I'm also all for controls and balances in the system. But they already exist. They are not perfect, but they exist. But reality and facts get in the way of nationalist extremism. (Which I'm not saying the OP is peddling).

Anyone who thinks that its accurate or appropriate to blame a very small amount of foreign nationals for the ills of society is either pretty stupid, misguided or racist

I very clearly didn't blame foreign nationals for anything did you even read my OP?.

If you believe you owe asylum seekers or migrants something what have you done for them? Any volunteering any help any support at all? I highly highly highly doubt it. Its a absurd argument. I care about people I dont do anything for or even look at in the street.
    Buying a coffee off them in Costa doesnt count pal!.

This argument is dumb as if you dont help folk you clearly don't believe it.

I do!.

I Work 40 hours a week for a company and run a side business so about 65 hour working week total not including commutes to provide for my foreign partner and daughter.

I simply dont think Ireland should provide for asylum seekers BEFORE Irish people.

Thats my point. Nothing more nothing less.

It never ever ceases to amaze me people on this who dont read posts just because they disagree with something in first line they go oh thats racist or some other such nonsense yet never dated or lived with a foreign national. I do.

Its sad to see people so unable to actual engage or discuss something. Just mindless emotional reactions no logic no devate no rationale whatsoever.

Im going to let you in on a little secret pal.

In the adult World people do disagree with each other and do question certain policies.

This isnt Teletubbies. We dont all have to see someones point and fall down rub their bellies and run around in glee with how great they are!.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

I very clearly didn't blame foreign nationals for anything did you even read my OP?.

If you believe you owe asylum seekers or migrants something what have you done for them? Any volunteering any help any support at all? I highly highly highly doubt it. Its a absurd argument. I care about people I dont do anything for or even look at in the street.
    Buying a coffee off them in Costa doesnt count pal!.

This argument is dumb as if you dont help folk you clearly don't believe it.

I do!.

I Work 40 hours a week for a company and run a side business so about 65 hour working week total not including commutes to provide for my foreign partner and daughter.

I simply dont think Ireland should provide for asylum seekers BEFORE Irish people.

Thats my point. Nothing more nothing less.

It never ever ceases to amaze me people on this who dont read posts just because they disagree with something in first line they go oh thats racist or some other such nonsense yet never dated or lived with a foreign national. I do.

Its sad to see people so unable to actual engage or discuss something. Just mindless emotional reactions no logic no devate no rationale whatsoever.

Im going to let you in on a little secret pal.

In the adult World people do disagree with each other and do question certain policies.

This isnt Teletubbies. We dont all have to see someones point and fall down rub their bellies and run around in glee with how great they are!

People for the most part only seem to read headlines.
    The internet and smart devices give instant gratification.
    There is no nuance in any debate anymore it just like a loud drunken row.

There are two teams here left and right and a few people trying to actually discuss and debate topics.

Advertisement