Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carbon wheelset

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

I'm looking at getting some carbon wheels built with carbon rims, but have alu rims on my current wheels. Ideally I'd like to use the carbon wheels for swanning around on nice days and for my attempts at racing. And use the alu rim wheels otherwise. Am I right in saying that I would need to use different brake pads for both? What does everyone else do? Are aluminium rims on carbon wheels now considered obsolete?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

Unless you buy alu rim/carbon fairing wheels then yes, you need to swap brake pads each time. That's what everyone else does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Thanks, just wanted to make sure there wasn't something I was missing! Does anyone buy alu rim carbon wheels anymore?!

Advertisement