Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Mobile roaming issue

Options
  • 20-02-2020 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭

My wife, children and I are all on Eir Mobile as part of a home phone, broadband and mobile bundle. We go to northern Ireland and Scotland occasionally and all of us have the same problem roaming here in that we can only roam on the EE network. Manually selecting any of the other available networks gives us "network unavailable" messages. This is a problem for us in remote areas where network choice is limited and EE may not be available.

Has anyone encountered this before, and if so, could you get around it? I spoke with Eir customer services and apart from the usual ritual of powering the phone on and off and confirm that my account appears fine, they can offer no explanation for this affecting all 4 of us simultaneously.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

My wife, children and I are all on Eir Mobile as part of a home phone, broadband and mobile bundle. We go to northern Ireland and Scotland occasionally and all of us have the same problem roaming here in that we can only roam on the EE network. Manually selecting any of the other available networks gives us "network unavailable" messages. This is a problem for us in remote areas where network choice is limited and EE may not be available.

Has anyone encountered this before, and if so, could you get around it? I spoke with Eir customer services and apart from the usual ritual of powering the phone on and off and confirm that my account appears fine, they can offer no explanation for this affecting all 4 of us simultaneously.

EIR only have agreement with EE currently, the rates aren't favourable as they once were to open up O2 and Vodafone, also I don't believe their new ownership have a good relationship with those 2 companies either so it's something that probably won't ever be solved.

I believe Three is available for corporate customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

EIR only have agreement with EE currently, the rates aren't favourable as they once were to open up O2 and Vodafone, also I don't believe their new ownership have a good relationship with those 2 companies either so it's something that probably won't ever be solved.

I believe Three is available for corporate customers.

Thanks for the reply. According to Eir customer care, I should be able to roam on all available networks, not just EE. They are adamant that there are no restrictions on using any UK network. Having said that, all four of us here having the same problem may suggest otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Thanks for the reply. According to Eir customer care, I should be able to roam on all available networks, not just EE. They are adamant that there are no restrictions on using any UK network. Having said that, all four of us here having the same problem may suggest otherwise.

I think what customer care have access to is a list of partners eir have agreements, not necessarily what networks are Preferred, Non-Preferred or on this case Forbidden.

Advertisement