Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to Spread lime on a acre lawn

Options
  • 21-02-2020 2:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

I have an automower working at the moment but still have my ride on... 18 years and time takes it toll. Deck in bits but engine running like day one. Lots of moss last few years so lime is needed.. I Know from farmers that loose lime is far more active and last longer then lime pellet.. Is there a tow behind spreader that will spread loose lime..
    Just to add lawn is acre and half or roughly 6000m2 Tks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

Only seeing your post and surprised you've no replies yet. Firstly why are you wanting to spread lime? If you've been informed that lime will kill the moss then you've been given poor advice. Controlling moss in garden is an ongoing battle and there are plenty of threads on it. Multiple products available to kill moss in garden. Cheapest by far though would be sulphate of iron. Comes in 25kg and covers 850m2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

SAXA wrote: »
    I have an automower working at the moment but still have my ride on... 18 years and time takes it toll. Deck in bits but engine running like day one. Lots of moss last few years so lime is needed.. I Know from farmers that loose lime is far more active and last longer then lime pellet.. Is there a tow behind spreader that will spread loose lime..
    Just to add lawn is acre and half or roughly 6000m2 Tks

Just a thought

How long has the autolawnmower been working? If it clips the grass and doesnt collect the clippings then it might be best leave it for a year or so and see how the grass grows compared to mowing with ride on.

Advertisement