Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newb Nest & Automation Questions

• 21-02-2020 11:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

Just gone sale agreed on a house so I'm looking into how to automate the heating given there appears to be three of those old school pin-based timers in the kitchen as opposed to a digital display.

I've been in a friends place a few times, he uses a nest and the house has always been a nice temperature, never cold. Given the house I'm going into is 3 storeys I'd really like to have a similar setup.

Are they difficult to install? I believe if I go with electric Ireland then you can purchase a nest through them which they'll install. That should cover two zones, I could then buy a nest myself and look to install when I have the electric Ireland engineer onsite so that all 3 zones are covered I'm thinking.

I'm going with Yeelight for bulbs - I've two ordered plus 2m strip lighting which is extendable, I'll test them out before moving in and play around with them a bit.

All that said - if there's any recommendations I'd appreciate them

Advertisement