Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not receiving passcode texts from Verified by Visa

Options
  • 21-02-2020 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I live abroad in Taiwan. VbV used to work but stopped sometime in 2019. I called BoI VbV customer service right away and they did something that culminated in my receiving a text. As far as they could see my mobile number was OK in the system. I got the text after all.

But it isn't, after customer service tested my number. I re-tried the purchase and got the same problem. I can get to enter the passcode page but can't get beyond as I never receive the text message. The mobile number partially shown on that page is incorrect. It shows as 3*******5820 when my number should begin with an 8 because my country code is +886. I think it is using +353 as that is Ireland's code. 

How can I get this fixed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

In this instance, as the incorrect number is appearing on the Verified by Visa check-out screen it would be necessary to contact our Verified by Visa Team on 00353 1 2500 370. One of my colleagues will be more than happy to update this number for you.

Please be assured, once your number has been updated successfully on our system, this will be reflected on the Verified by Visa Check-out page.

Thanks, Aisling.

Advertisement