Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best domain for a simple golf society website

Options
  • 21-02-2020 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭

I am a member of a golf society and ended up helping with the organisation this year. We arrange a game a month in a different location throughout the year. Society has been going a long time and even though its frustrating to organise things its well worthwhile for the group of around 50 members.

We normally print a little business card size calendar and give them out. Unfortunately I'm already being plagued with enquires for what dates the various events are on. So I want to create a small website that I can share with the society. A few simple tabs
    - Schedule
    - History
    - Photo's
    - Results
    Pretty basic stuff. I've been to a StartUp weekend before and created a site and I'm happy enough I can manage it easily enough.
    I'm looking for the best hosting/site to hold this on. What is the cheapest/simplest site for this? I'll probably just pay the bill myself

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Cheapest/simplest could be a free site on wordpress.com.
    You'll get a domain like gsname.wordpress.com.

If you self host it'll cost you the domain and hosting (total about 70 per year) but you'll have more flexibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Getting your own domain name + hosting will give you more control. It's not expensive - less than €100 / year all in.

Advertisement