Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardaí: Provo Army Council oversees PIRA & SF

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

LpKUlFt

can we close this thread now please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

fergus1001 wrote: »
    LpKUlFt

can we close this thread now please

No comrade. It'll stay open a while longer yet.

Hurrache wrote: »
    So what colour shirts should attendees wear?

[url] https://jrnl.ie/5018083[/url]

I purposely chose a non RTE link to cut off the moronic RTE conspiracy before it starts.

What exactly are they protesting about?
    Makes no sense to me, still not acting like actual elected politicians.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

So what colour shirts should attendees wear?

[url] https://jrnl.ie/5018083[/url]

I purposely chose a non RTE link to cut off the moronic RTE conspiracy before it starts.

The army council have advised against members wearing Balaclavas, despite the adverse conditions. They are keeping an "open eye" on members wearing Ray Bans and PLO scarfs ( red or black cheque). They are very sensitive to public perception lately, it happens.

Don't say you have not been warned.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

bubblypop wrote: »

Things not going their way and they don't get the change they think they're entitled too. It's a basic failing in understanding democracy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

A party with paramilitary links organising marches.

Yip, that tends to work out well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

No comrade. It'll stay open a while longer yet.

I ain't no comrade but I can see media spin a mile off

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

bubblypop wrote: »
    IAMAMORON wrote: »
    The army council have advised against members wearing Balaclavas, despite the adverse conditions. They are keeping an "open eye" on members wearing Ray Bans and PLO scarfs ( red or black cheque). They are very sensitive to public perception lately, it happens.

Don't say you have not been warned.
    Things not going their way and they don't get the change they think they're entitled too. It's a basic failing in understanding democracy.
    A party with paramilitary links organising marches.

Yip, that tends to work out well.

Jaysus lads and lassies, calm down. They are meetings - in hotels. READ the articles you quote maybe?
    “Over the coming fortnight, Sinn Féin will host the first of a series of public rallies to bring the conversation about a Government for Change to the people. This will include events in Cork, Dublin, Newry, Cavan and Galway.”

The first meeting will take place on Monday at the Rochestown Park Hotel in Cork, with the final meeting – of five in total – will take place in the Galway Bay Hotel in Galway City on Friday 6 March.

Don't give a **** who said it, what matters is if it is true or not.

Who was elected president of Sinn Fein at their last party election? And actually, when was that?

Jaysus lads and lassies, calm down. They are meetings - in hotels. READ the articles you quote maybe?

Did you get a flier as to your uniform yet? Big rush on dry cleaners I bet.

In fairness you have a point, others don't have their first rally on the streets either. They rile themselves up in private first, feeling sorry for themselves and angry up the blood of their supporters brain washing them that the "establishment" are pulling a fast one.

Such nonsense from SF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭1641

Mobilisation?

Nasty political party organises meetings in hotels. Shock horror. :D

First one I've seen in an established democracy to complain they're not getting what they want shortly after an election.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭timhenn

I didn't vote in the election because I didn't think any candidate deserved my vote so I don't really care who gets in but a party shouldn't be prevented from getting in because of links to the PIRA. There's no shame in being linked with the PIRA, in fact, it's the opposite. They stood up to a murderous campaign orchestrated by the british armed forces/ruc/uvf etc and they risked their lives to fight for nationalists in the 6 counties.

First one I've seen in an established democracy to complain they're not getting what they want shortly after an election.

Who says it is about 'complaining'? READ the article.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,499 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Exactly why I don’t have a lot of time for followers of parties.
    They always toe the party line regardless.
    I prefer to make my own decisions.

This, I remember during a conversation with my old history teacher and him telling us that it was foolhardy for this reason for any person to be party political, instead of nailing your colors to the mast of a name and their ideology, when an election comes around, choose right from wrong, choose what will make the country and life in it better for all, vote for whomever is talented enough to enable that.

Who says it is about 'complaining'? READ the article.

How's your formations coming along?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

timhenn wrote: »
    I didn't vote in the election because I didn't think any candidate deserved my vote so I don't really care who gets in but a party shouldn't be prevented from getting in because of links to the PIRA. There's no shame in being linked with the PIRA, in fact, it's the opposite. They stood up to a murderous campaign orchestrated by the british armed forces/ruc/uvf etc and they risked their lives to fight for nationalists in the 6 counties.

The PIRA murdered Gardaí and members of the public in this country. If you don’t see why people have an issue with them, and the links between themselves and the Shinners then there’s nothing that can be done to convince you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Agree. People should not be upset about this. The illusion of SF being a legitimate political party must be upheld. The last 10 days has been bad for the maintaining of the SF/IRA are not actually the same thing illusion. Some corrective action is necessary to counteract (a standard knee capping is clearly not the way to handle this delicate situation, even if that is what the standard operations manual would advise) it and pretend that the views of members and voters are taken into account by the army council.

The bottom line is that SF/IRA are a one theme party - unification of the island of Ireland (and not, as we already had it, as part of the UK). For a group with a single mission, and for who murder, terrorism, and torture are acceptable tactics (until they are considered counterproductive and there is a smarter way to achieve the goal), lying and political subversion are tame by comparison, simply and alternative tactic. If affecting concern for themes of the moment like housing problems or health service inefficiency is simply judged a better option than car bombing judges, then so be it. Having a few public meetings, is childs play in the roll out of that con. The stooges are really the SF party members and voters who dont realise they are expendable fodder like a forced car bomb driver.

How did sticking someone like you or I in a van, forcing us to drive towards a barracks and blowing us up when we got there have no shame? What made you or I murderous?

By all means support SF if you want, but don't spout that naive bollox about it being a justifiable campaign. Killing innocent people was cowardly, no matter how evil the British forces were at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,226 ✭✭✭threeball

How did sticking someone like you or I in a van, forcing us to drive towards a barracks and blowing us up when we got there have no shame? What made you or I murderous?

By all means support SF if you want, but don't spout that naive bollox about it being a justifiable campaign. Killing innocent people was cowardly, no matter how evil the British forces were at the same time.

Totally agree, the same metrics could be used to excuse the horrors of Isis due to the issues they've had to endure from American occupation and conflict with other Islamic faiths.

The PIRA murdered Gardaí and members of the public in this country. If you don’t see why people have an issue with them, and the links between themselves and the Shinners then there’s nothing that can be done to convince you.

You mean just like the old IRA?

You can continue to be a hypocrite all you like, facts are that the old IRA and the PIRA did some horrible things but we owe the brave men and women who joined these organisations great gratitude for putting their lives at risk to stand up for Irish people against a murderous campaign.

You mean just like the old IRA?

You can continue to be a hypocrite all you like, facts are that the old IRA and the PIRA did some horrible things but we owe the brave men and women who joined these organisations great gratitude for putting their lives at risk to stand up for Irish people against a murderous campaign.

Omagh and Warrington were very brave acts. Putting a stop to those murderous children and innocent civilians just had to be done.

Like I said, some horrible acts were committed, there should be shame for those instances but that doesn't negate the fact that the PIRA were the good guys in the war. They were standing up for Nationalists when everyone else had deserted, without them there would have been ethnic cleansing of Nationalists in the 6 counties.

The old IRA disappeared over 100 people, killed mothers, children, some people were tied to landmines and blown to pieces. Some of their acts were inexcusable, that doesn't stop of from commemorating and celebrating their fight and rightfully so. The same counts for the PIRA and as I've said, I have no interest in Sinn Féin.

threeball wrote: »
    Totally agree, the same metrics could be used to excuse the horrors of Isis due to the issues they've had to endure from American occupation and conflict with other Islamic faiths.

Or the old IRA?

Omagh and Warrington were very brave acts. Putting a stop to those murderous children and innocent civilians just had to be done.

Have you heard about Ballyseedy? Have you heard about the women and children killed by Republican forces in the past? You can't cherrypick, condemn them all or none.

Have you heard about Ballyseedy? Have you heard about the women and children killed by Republican forces in the past? You can't cherrypick, condemn them all or none.

I do condemn them all, on both sides. I don't want these people next nor near running my country.

Or the old IRA?

Old, New, Continuity, i couldnt give a ****e. Murdering kids and innocent civilians is never justified.

I do condemn them all, on both sides. I don't want these people next nor near running my country.

What are you talking about both sides? I was talking about the old IRA.

• Advertisement

Old, New, Continuity, i couldnt give a ****e. Murdering kids and innocent civilians is never justified.

Did you protest at the 1916 commemorations? You musn't support any of the mainstream parties anyway, even Leo has a picture of the terrorist Michael Collins on his wall.

Advertisement