Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardaí: Provo Army Council oversees PIRA & SF

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭1641

timhenn wrote: »
    The PIRA wouldn't have been able to operate like it did without local support. This is a fact.

Noone said they had no local support. Of course they had. But it was a minority of the nationalist community. And the rest of the community were too scared to question them. These did not love or trust the authorities either so they had noone to turn to for help. And even if any were so inclined they would have been too terrified to act on it. Informers wound up dead.

Pira terror was not just within the unionist community - it was within their own.

You say you are from Derry. Who do the local dissidents hold most in terror?

The PIRA had huge support. The elections in the protestant state for a protestant people were irrelevant to most of us.

Well clearly not for the majority nationalists who voted SDLP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

TBF your posts look like a very deliberate attempt to drag the thread into a generic 'IRA : justified or vicious criminal terrorists' thread with provocative posts to attract reponse posts from those outraged at your position, thus deflecting it from the discussion about the IRA Army Council attempting to gain control in the Doil.

I agree. Only just set up. 40 posts in a few hours. I'd say that he is one of the regular trolls re-registered.
    I'll back off now and not encourage him further.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

You can read back through the thread if you wish or you can look up my profile and you'll find my posts there. That should give you a good starting point. :)

Not a question answered.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭timhenn

1641 wrote: »
    Noone said they had no local support. Of course they had. But it was a minority of the nationalist community. And the rest of the community were too scared to question them. These did not love or trust the authorities either so they had noone to turn to for help. And even if any were so inclined they would have been too terrified to act on it. Informers wound up dead.

Pira terror was not just within the unionist community - it was within their own.

You say you are from Derry. Who do the local dissidents hold most in terror?

They had huge local support. You are just making stuff up. You have this image of the PIRA placed into your head and it's because you've been brainwashed to think it. Members of the PIRA were not some unknown masked men, they were people from our communities who felt that armed struggle was the only option. Thousands of people don't just wake up one morning and say they want to fight a mass murdering state force. These were extreme conditions, they knew their lives were on the line and they still did it. There was no one in fear of these men and women. Only respect for them, that doesn't mean that we agreed with everything that was done in the name of the PIRA. We were appalled by some of it. Doesn't change the overall view of them though.

• Advertisement

Well clearly not for the majority nationalists who voted SDLP.

And what good did voting for them do? For most those elections were pointless. We were still going to get harassed just walking to school or go about our daily lives.

Did you add up the numbers then? I'm sure you'll find what I stated to be correct.

So, if the British forces were responsible for 10% of civilian deaths & you claim they killed over a thousand civilians...... That means over ten thousand civilians died............

Hurrache wrote: »
    Not a question answered.

I've done everything I can to help you.

Why wouldn't I?

Well then answer the question
    Do you celebrate IRA members who murdered members of AGS?

bubblypop wrote: »
    So, if the British forces were responsible for 10% of civilian deaths & you claim they killed over a thousand civilians...... That means over ten thousand civilians died............

You might want to have a re-read! I said the british side. They fought the war hand in hand. loyalists/british armed forces/ruc etc armed each other, not just with guns but with information, they worked along side one another orchastrating murder sprees. They killed over 1,000 innocents.

• Advertisement

Well then answer the question
    Do you celebrate IRA members who murdered members of AGS?

Why would I?

I've done everything I can to help you.

Justify proxy bombs or bombings in public areas, like you tried to do.

You're only making an eejit of yourself by believing you've answered anything. Sure you don't even know how old you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

I find it very concerning that a leading Irish public servant such as the head of An Garda Siochana, Drew Harris, is making such overtly political statements designed to damage a political party at a time they’re trying to form a Govt.

The head of AGS should never be making such political statements.

Justify proxy bombs or bombings in public areas, like you tried to do.

You're only making an eejit of yourself by believing you've answered anything. Sure you don't even know how old you are.

This is really embarrassing for you now, you had the chance to bow out gracefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

The PIRA had huge support. The elections in the protestant state for a protestant people were irrelevant to most of us.
    Lol at the 2nd part
    It's all relevant now though
    Oh and the voters cared
    Turnouts were the highest in these islands usually
    Saying they were irrelevant is a misnomer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭spakman

I find it very concerning that a leading Irish public servant such as the head of An Garda Siochana, Drew Harris, is making such overtly political statements designed to damage a political party at a time they’re trying to form a Govt.

Do you find what he said to be concerning?

. They do this because they know that although they killed many people, the armed rebellions of the past were just and right and they don't have any issues with celebrating those who killed policemen of the state.

Because you said this.
    Don't have any issues with celebrating those who killed policemen of the state.
    So, no problem with IRA murdering members of ags then?

He is not saying anything new or that was not in the public domain before.

Do you think it is not relevant?

This is really embarrassing for you now, you had the chance to bow out gracefully.

Justify it. You said it their actions were honorable and just. Justify it.

Remember your age yet, or is it the propaganda that has you by the balls?

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Lol at the 2nd part
    It's all relevant now though
    Oh and the voters cared
    Turnouts were the highest in these islands usually
    Saying they were irrelevant is a misnomer

Well when you're done telling us who lived through actually thought. :D

• Advertisement

He can't.
    There is no justification for planting bombs on shopping streets killing innocent children!

Because you said this.
    Don't have any issues with celebrating those who killed policemen of the state.
    So, no problem with IRA murdering members of ags then?

You obviously didn't get the reference to the black and tans? Flew over your head?

You obviously didn't get the reference to the black and tans? Flew over your head?

I asked you a question about AGS, at least 3 times.
    You haven't answered

Remember your age yet, or is it the propaganda that has you by the balls?

Ok, I directed you to my posts but you obviously didn't understand them. That's ok. I'll just put you on ignore, I'm doing you a favour. :)

He can't.
    There is no justification for planting bombs on shopping streets killing innocent children!

Well lucky I never said there was then.

He can't.

Ah c'mon,. he said killing kids was a just fight. You don't get that either?

Maybe I'm too hard in understanding that murdering kids was justifiable as they were legitimate murders. But that's just me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

He is not saying anything new or that was not in the public domain before.

Do you think it is not relevant?

Its concerning to SF supporters, simply because it highlights a reality that they would much prefer stay out of public sight, and enable their peddling of the illusion that they are but a party of the left, concerned only for their constituents in Ireland, and with the right solution to improve issues like housing and health. Instead, they are an alternative tactic of the IRA Army Council and its goal of a united Ireland. That it has swapped that cost being the killing of human beings, to the killing of two economies, they see as immaterial - anything is justified if it creates an all Ireland Ireland.

You haven't answered

Do you support the killing of Martin Luther King?

You haven't answered

He has a unique mental diffcienty that he can't recognise questions. There's no other reasonable explanation.

• Advertisement

Ok, I directed you to my posts but you obviously didn't understand them. That's ok. I'll just put you on ignore, I'm doing you a favour. :)

Genuine question, do you know what a point is?

What's just, reasonable and brave about chaining you to a truck and blowing you up?

Advertisement