Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardaí: Provo Army Council oversees PIRA & SF

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

blanch152 wrote: »
    The Dublin Monaghan bombings were in 1974, and somebody who might have some third or fourth-hand hearsay knowledge of what happened should resign but Paul Quinn's mother wanting to know what happened her poor son beaten to death with every bone in his body broken should be denied answers by an elected Sinn Fein politician.

It is a strange world that Sinn Fein cheerleaders inhabit.

That somebody is the British Government. Tell my friend whose mother was killed in the Dublin bombings to just forget about it now having spent the last 40+ being denied justice.

Everyone knows, including Mrs Quinn, what happened to her son and it seems to be common knowledge who did it. I wish the PSNI/Gardai would charge someone and bring those responsible before the courts (Special Criminal Court if so desired). The people responsible were named in the House of Lords, so why are they not acting on that information.

Mrs Quinn was looking for an apology which she got. What more can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Such absolute brainwashed bull. Anyway there was a war on. It’s time to move on and forget about any atrocities he was involved in. Shinners really are a special type of stupid
    Says the person who called me a hun cos I dared say something critical of his beloved party and their dear leader

Eh,No.
    That was your reply to me about Drew Harris,your so apoplectic with rage that you cant see your insults while shouting about insults.

Couldn't care less what you say about MLD or if it pleases you I will call her "hairy" or "Hoo" or whatever juvenile insults you want to throw about the most popular party leader in Ireland but try and see your hypocrisy for what it is.

Sorry for calling you "hun" after you called me "scum".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Now that they've unsuccessful tried to demonize SF yet again I wonder what FFG's next plan is?they're quickly running out of time. Hopefully Sulky Simon and Leo will drive off into the sunset and leave the adults to form a government.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭joe swanson

jm08 wrote: »
    But they are not saying that. They want to sort the legacy issues. Its the British Government who are not in favour.

They don’t want a hierarchy of victims when of course there should be. I couldn’t care less if some scumbag blew himself up planting his bomb whilst trying to kill some innocent people. I do care about the innocent people he was blowing up

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

smurgen wrote: »
    Now that they've unsuccessful tried to demonize SF yet again I wonder what FFG's next plan is?they're quickly running out of time. Hopefully Sulky Simon and Leo will drive off into the sunset and leave the adults to form a government.

The irony.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

tipptom wrote: »
    [/COLOR]

Eh,No.
    That was your reply to me about Drew Harris,your so apoplectic with rage that you cant see your insults while shouting about insults.

Couldn't care less what you say about MLD or if it pleases you I will call her "hairy" or "Hoo" or whatever juvenile insults you want to throw about the most popular party leader in Ireland but try and see your hypocrisy for what it is.

Sorry for calling you "hun" after you called me "scum".
    Eh what's with the eye searing yellow in the quote? :eek: Can't you just use Bold black like everyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

More of the usual insult throwing . Typical shinner retort. Blue shirt/ffg west Brit. Can’t actually debate any issues just throw insults. Shows the intellect of the typical shinnerbot

Laughable post. “Hairy Loo” ring a bell? The manufactured issue of the OP has been well ventilated here and elsewhere. The reversal of AGS and IMC positions from 2015 and 2008 show that this “issue” is politically motivated to undermine SF at GE2020 v 2.

For the record I am a pensioner who voted FF and FG all my life. I grew up in 60’s and 70’s in the 26 counties and I remember the horror stories very well. What is being attempted now is revisionism on a grand scale by Ulster unionism. It’s a carefully crafted process of undermining the state and its institutions and our history of decolonization. It runs across media, politics, academia and popular culture. Even today in Dublin at a very important and unique event on Irish Security one of the sponsors is the British Embassy. Another “royal” visit happening shortly. The colonised mind is still to be found in large numbers here. West Brits.

I always regarded the violence of the PIRA as self defeating. It resulted in the removal of Article 2 of the constitution which should never have been done. I voted SF in 2020 because I will not abide FF who broke this economy and the social contract. I will never abide FG again because of their manifest contempt for PAYE workers, the public service, the Defence Forces, the elderly, the sick and that generation which fought for and won our independence. They are unionists in all but name. It’s time for change.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

smurgen wrote: »

FG/FF will go in together with Greens as a mudguard.They have no other choice bar another election.

The last thing they want is another election knowing they are in a relentless freefall and getting worse now that people have realised how powerful a tool their vote preferences is to use against them.

They have bolstered SFs vote even more since the election using the press and the Garda commissioner to try and subvert negotiations and obviously didn't learn any lessons from the Press/FG/FF smear campaigns during the elections.

What's going on at the moment is just a sham so they don't want to appear as the same party.

KWAG2019 wrote: »
    Laughable post. “Hairy Loo” ring a bell? The manufactured issue of the OP has been well ventilated here and elsewhere. The reversal of AGS and IMC positions from 2015 and 2008 show that this “issue” is politically motivated to undermine SF at GE2020 v 2.

For the record I am a pensioner who voted FF and FG all my life. I grew up in 60’s and 70’s in the 26 counties and I remember the horror stories very well. What is being attempted now is revisionism on a grand scale by Ulster unionism. It’s a carefully crafted process of undermining the state and its institutions and our history of decolonization. It runs across media, politics, academia and popular culture. Even today in Dublin at a very important and unique event on Irish Security one of the sponsors is the British Embassy. Another “royal” visit happening shortly. The colonised mind is still to be found in large numbers here. West Brits.

I always regarded the violence of the PIRA as self defeating. It resulted in the removal of Article 2 of the constitution which should never have been done. I voted SF in 2020 because I will not abide FF who broke this economy and the social contract. I will never abide FG again because of their manifest contempt for PAYE workers, the public service, the Defence Forces, the elderly, the sick and that generation which fought for and won our independence. They are unionists in all but name. It’s time for change.

I grew up in Ireland. AKA the Republic of Ireland. Very proud of that. Dunno what this "26 counties" thing is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭joe swanson

I don’t care for Fine Gael but to say you are for our Defence forces and vote Sinn Fein is ultimate in hypocrisy. The Defence Forces is our states military and should rightfully be celebrated and treated with respect and given proper working conditions and remuneration.
    The one true Oglaigh na hEireann.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I don’t care for Fine Gael but to say you are for our Defence forces and vote Sinn Fein is ultimate in hypocrisy.

Old old news lad. Update yourself.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/mcguinness-says-army-is-oglaigh-na-heireann-26776600.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

Such absolute brainwashed bull. Anyway there was a war on. It’s time to move on and forget about any atrocities he was involved in. Shinners really are a special type of stupid
    if it is time to move on and forget about any atrocitys he was involved on, should the same not apply to others

What has become more and more obvious since the FG RIC debacle is the degree to which West Britism has become embedded in Irish media, academia, policing, politics and culture. The howling about SF is the deep fear that people are waking up.
    during the elections can anyone remember m martin claiming the roi was too hard on the uk during the brexit negotiations and should have eased back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

I find the reluctance to go into government with SF interesting. If the DUP can do it why not FF and FG. Both FF and FG promoted and pushed for the idea of a SF + Unionist party government in N.I. Their reluctance to go into government smacks of hypocrisy. Albert Reynolds and Bertie Ahern both engaged fully with SF in the interest of peace in N.I. Yet Micheal Martin a belated successor to the aforementioned refuses to go into with SF. I suppose you could say he is being principled having set out his stall not to go into government with SF but still.

I don’t care for Fine Gael but to say you are for our Defence forces and vote Sinn Fein is ultimate in hypocrisy. The Defence Forces is our states military and should rightfully be celebrated and treated with respect and given proper working conditions and remuneration.
    The one true Oglaigh na hEireann.

That might have been true when the Defence Forces were facing down PIRA gunmen in the Troubles. The Troubles are well over. I agree with you completely that there is only one Oglaigh na hEireann.

The DF in 1932 faced a far more real problem than the imaginary one you present here. The CoS ended mutterings in HQ by pointing out that the DF had upheld the verdict of the people after the Treaty vote and the DF would uphold the verdict of the people in election 32 despite the fact it brought Dev to power within a decade of the Civil War.

More of the usual insult throwing . Typical shinner retort. Blue shirt/ffg west Brit. Can’t actually debate any issues just throw insults. Shows the intellect of the typical shinnerbot
    says the poster who posts hairy loo macdonald and scum fein

holyhead wrote: »
    I find the reluctance to go into government with SF interesting. If the DUP can do it why not FF and FG. Both FF and FG promoted and pushed for the idea of a SF + Unionist party government in N.I. Their reluctance to go into government smacks of hypocrisy. Albert Reynolds and Bertie Ahern both engaged fully with SF in the interest of peace in N.I. Yet Micheal Martin a belated successor to the aforementioned refuses to go into with SF. I suppose you could say he is being principled having set out his stall not to go into government with SF but still.

Because it really has nothing to do with the conflict/war or morals. It has to do with power and relinquishing it.

It's backs to the wall for the 2 of them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭timhenn

I grew up in Ireland. AKA the Republic of Ireland. Very proud of that. Dunno what this "26 counties" thing is.

The 26 counties! Made up of many who deserted and betrayed Nationalists in the 6.

They are and should form a govt. that’s the way democracy works . I hope they do . They would soon be found out for the lying scum that they are
    and ffglab never lied

• Advertisement

timhenn wrote: »
    The 26 counties! Made up of many who deserted and betrayed Nationalists in the 6.

Oh right. I feel terrible now. Something must be done. Let's organise a 'rally' to change the constitution so that our name is The 26 Counties. Makes perfect sense.

The 26 counties thing is the 26 counties that make up Ireland the constitutional name of the country since 1937; that constitution also included article 2 which regarded the 6 counties as part of the national territory and which was removed in 1998 by referendum. I’ve always associated the use of the term Republic of Ireland with unionist posturing.

Oh right. I feel terrible now. Something must be done. Let's organise a 'rally' to change the constitution so that our name is The 26 Counties. Makes perfect sense.

Hey, no skin off my back. Just letting you know your cowardice.

The 26 counties thing is the 26 counties that make up Ireland the constitutional name of the country since 1937; that constitution also included article 2 which regarded the 6 counties as part of the national territory and which was removed in 1998 by referendum. I’ve always associated the use of the term Republic of Ireland with unionist posturing.

Really? How strange. I'm very proud of living in the Republic of Ireland and of its constitution. Different strokes I suppose.

Hey, no skin off my back. Just letting you know your cowardice.

I'm a coward! Brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

TBF, if you are Irish as you say, the number of counties and such should have been covered in school.

Bowie wrote: »
    TBF, if you are Irish as you say, the number of counties and such should have been covered in school.

Indeed they were. As was the name of our country. Maybe you didn't go to school in Ireland?

Really? How strange. I'm very proud of living in the Republic of Ireland and of its constitution. Different strokes I suppose.

wJtwKus.png

wJtwKus.png

Point?

• Advertisement

I'm a coward! Brilliant!

I suppose you have to accept who you are eventually.

Advertisement