Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardaí: Provo Army Council oversees PIRA & SF

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Checked the papers . Mary Lou still not arrested and SF more popular than ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

I think a lot of people this time though did indeed think they were voting for a regular party, without realising they were voting for a tactic of a terrorist organisation that was playing them as fools, pretending be lefty and care about housing and health.
    Over the last two weeks, many of them have opened their eyes, and been horrified and ashamed at how they were duped.
    They wont make the same mistake again.

LOLZ

smurgen wrote: »
    Checked the papers . Mary Lou still not arrested and SF more popular than ever.

Your ignorance of the law is outstanding.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

shinnerbots congratulating shinnerbots on making up stuff

what is the point of this thread ?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Imagine if the Shinners did something like this, we wouldn't have heard the end of it for weeks :) :
    TDs and Senators were given blank nomination forms at this week’s parliamentary party meeting. They had to sign them and hand them back. The National Executive then decided which candidates to select, filling in names on the pre-signed documents”

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/miriam-lord-leinster-house-plinth-posturing-has-reached-ridiculous-proportions-1.4188262

• Advertisement

mynamejeff wrote: »
    shinnerbots congratulating shinnerbots on making up stuff

what is the point of this thread ?

Aww,you alright Hun?

Still smarting from your prediction before the elections that SF would get a hammering?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

tipptom wrote: »
    SF with another massive rise in the polls

Well done FGFF/irish medis/drew harris.

People are not fooled by their sh*t anymore and the Irish media really need to cease their their political bias and their constants attempts to subvert democratic elections and negotiations or they will be dragged down into freefall alongside their political cronies in FF/FG.

Paul Williams is the greatest sleeper agent the shinners ever instilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,095 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

SF with another massive rise in the polls

Well done FGFF/irish medis/drew harris.

People are not fooled by their sh*t anymore and the Irish media really need to cease their their political bias and their constants attempts to subvert democratic elections and negotiations or they will be dragged down into freefall alongside their political cronies in FF/FG.

It's clear now that the journalists were SF plants. Because anything Leo or the Establishment says against SF automatically increases support for SF.

Knowing that the newspaper poll was ongoing, SF arranged for the subject of the Army Council to be raised in Templemore. If it wasn't raised the support for SF in the poll would have been a lot less. SF then jump up and down in public accusing their own plants of being in collusion with the Establishment and the Commissioner to damage SF. It's very clever.

It's clear now that the journalists were SF plants. Because anything Leo or the Establishment says against SF automatically increases support for SF.

Knowing that the newspaper poll was ongoing, SF arranged for the subject of the Army Council to be raised in Templemore. If it wasn't raised the support for SF in the poll would have been a lot less. SF then jump up and down in public accusing their own plants of being in collusion with the Establishment and the Commissioner to damage SF. It's very clever.

Nah,the media are just thick and still think its 20 years ago where they can still subvert elections for their pals in FF/FG.

The whole pool of FG/FF and the irish media is such a cesspit of incestuous nepotism made up of family and friends who were able to smear one party and cheerlead FF/FG from their very powerful position.

We now have a more sophisticated electorate who completely ignore the entire Irish media because they know they cannot be trusted.

This is a very dangerous situation that we don't have a free and fair press, but in Ireland it seems that power trumps everything for them and they thought this power would allow them to continue to do this and they still have not learned a lesson from this election never mind the previous elections.

I think the Irish media have a lot of soul searching to do or they will go the way of FF/FG.

We now have a more sophisticated electorate who completely ignore the entire Irish media because they know they cannot be trusted.

I will take it from this that the newspaper poll is a complete fiction. Unless it's some sort of double bluff, setting up SF for a disastrous 20% drop in the next one.

• Advertisement

I will take it from this that the newspaper poll is a complete fiction. Unless it's some sort of double bluff, setting up SF for a disastrous 20% drop in the next one.

You do know its not the newspaper that does the poll,dont you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

You do know its not the newspaper that does the poll,dont you?

You could always try to dissuade them, it wouldn't be the first time.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/if-you-are-wise-you-will-forget-my-face-ira-gunman-told-independent-editor-38805242.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Nah,the media are just thick and still think its 20 years ago where they can still subvert elections for their pals in FF/FG.

The whole pool of FG/FF and the irish media is such a cesspit of incestuous nepotism made up of family and friends who were able to smear one party and cheerlead FF/FG from their very powerful position.

This is a very dangerous situation that we don't have a free and fair press, but in Ireland it seems that power trumps everything for them and they thought this power would allow them to continue to do this and they still have not learned a lesson from this election never mind the previous elections.

I think the Irish media have a lot of soul searching to do or they will go the way of FF/FG.

We rank in 15th place in the world for press freedom, and are only a sliver of a percentage point behind the countries ranking top.

What would show a decline in freedom of the press would be journalists and news organisations not investigating the SF links to illegal criminal organisations, child sex abuse cover-ups, the murder of citizens of the State etc.

Clean up your own house first would be my advice.

We rank in 15th place in the world for press freedom, and are only a sliver of a percentage point behind the countries ranking top.

What would show a decline in freedom of the press would be journalists and news organisations not investigating the SF links to illegal criminal organisations, child sex abuse cover-ups, the murder of citizens of the State etc.

Clean up your own house first would be my advice.

There is a sense of menace and intimidation from supporters of SF and the party themselves towards the media. Reminiscent of the totalitarian regimes of the Left and the Right, to which they aligned themselves in the past. And more lately the populists like Trump.

I hope the media will be strong in resisting these forces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

bubblypop wrote: »
    Your ignorance of the law is outstanding.

If you are taking orders from an illegal terrorist organisation, is that not a criminal act? Not being funny, asking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

There is a sense of menace and intimidation from supporters of SF and the party themselves towards the media. Reminiscent of the totalitarian regimes of the Left and the Right, to which they aligned themselves in the past. And more lately the populists like Trump.

Wow

Lets talk about this sense you have.
    How does it manifest itself?
    Have you got examples of this?
    Have the media communicated this from SF and its supporters?

This is typical response of bullies when they cant get their way and bully anymore,they then hilariously try to accuse the victim of being a bully.

Reminiscent of facist regimes of the right when the people decide they wont take their sh*t anymore.

I hope the people continue to be strong in resisting these forces.

You need calm yourself horse. This isn't the second act of the Blueshirts. The people marginally voted more for a different party is all. I'm more concerned with how the Irish Times, Independent and to a lesser extent RTE all sing from the same biased hymn sheet as regards the party got higher support in a democratic election.
    When you generalise in such a manner about members of the public who for a fact did not always vote SF and likely have given support to FF/FG at some point you really need check yo self before you rigidy rigidy wreck yo self.
    Come back in to port for hugs and coco.

Bowie wrote: »
    You need calm yourself horse. This isn't the second act of the Blueshirts. The people marginally voted more for a different party is all. I'm more concerned with how the Irish Times, Independent and to a lesser extent RTE all sing from the same biased hymn sheet as regards the party got higher support in a democratic election.
    When you generalise in such a manner about members of the public who for a fact did not always vote SF and likely have given support to FF/FG at some point you really need check yo self before you rigidy rigidy wreck yo self.
    Come back in to port for hugs and coco.

Its hilarious, its like something from an old sci fi movie where the machines are inexplicably self imploding.

They seem to be following Leos tweets example and shouting at the moon with raised fists and illogical rants.

Fascinating to watch though.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Very true. Every time a question about Sinn Fein is raised in the media, Twitter is overrun by shinnerbots complaining about the focus on Sinn Fein and whatabout this and that.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

blanch152 wrote: »
    Very true. Every time a question about Sinn Fein is raised in the media, Twitter is overrun by shinnerbots complaining about the focus on Sinn Fein and whatabout this and that.

You’re in the corona thread complaining because Mary Lou McDonald is staying at home with her kids as they attend that school.

Nobody and I mean absolutely nobody is more obsessed and unhealthily focused on SF and Mary lou than yourself.

It’s really disturbing.

*and yes you’d be complaining if she *wasnt* at home with her kids under the circumstances

Unbelievable

Its hilarious, its like something from an old sci fi movie where the machines are inexplicably self imploding.

They seem to be following Leos tweets example and shouting at the moon with raised fists and illogical rants.

Fascinating to watch though.

And who was the one ranting about the press and media, from what I've read and been reading on here and other media's it's SF supporters that are obsessed with their press coverage. Raging that the whole media hasn't suddenly turned an phoblacht!

Runaways wrote: »
    You’re in the corona thread complaining because Mary Lou McDonald is staying at home with her kids as they attend that school.

Nobody and I mean absolutely nobody is more obsessed and unhealthily focused on SF and Mary lou than yourself.

It’s really disturbing.

*and yes you’d be complaining if she *wasnt* at home with her kids under the circumstances

Unbelievable

It is always the poster asking the question of Sinn Fein that is the problem.

And who was the one ranting about the press and media, from what I've read and been reading on here and other media's it's SF supporters that are obsessed with their press coverage. Raging that the whole media hasn't suddenly turned an phoblacht!

Days before a general election we'd four articles on the same Paul Quinn story on page one of the Indo. The Times had opinion pieces about that and lyra McKee and the 'new' IRA and RTE covered it too as a top story. None of them spoke on any of the crises or FF's record or what the SD/PBP etc were at. As a voting member of the public that's pretty f***ed up IMO.
    Every story I hear about MLMD comes through a Varadkar reaction article.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Don't you think it odd that every time Leo tweets something on SF there appears a few posters here saying exactly the same thing. It really does stink of a secret WhatApp group or something directing this.

Not aimed at you, you seem reasonable in your opinions. But certainly in the case of 'How is Mary Lou getting on with forming a government' and 'Shinnerbots on twitter' there has been a few people shaking fists.

Regarding people commenting on media bias on Twitter the most noticeable are those who are not SFers commenting on it. That is how noticeable it is.

Bowie wrote: »
    Days before a general election we'd four articles on the same Paul Quinn story on page one of the Indo. The Times had opinion pieces about that and lyra McKee and the 'new' IRA and RTE covered it too as a top story. None of them spoke on any of the crises or FF's record or what the SD/PBP etc were at. As a voting member of the public that's pretty f***ed up IMO.
    Every story I hear about MLMD comes through a Varadkar reaction article.

That's because of your biased views probably.

Lets talk about this sense you have.
    How does it manifest itself?

In you own words.

What will SF do to them if they don't carry out your soul searching?

Don't you think it odd that every time Leo tweets something on SF there appears a few posters here saying exactly the same thing. It really does stink of a secret WhatApp group or something directing this.

Not aimed at you, you seem reasonable in your opinions. But certainly in the case of 'How is Mary Lou getting on with forming a government' and 'Shinnerbots on twitter' there has been a few people shaking fists.

Regarding people commenting on media bias on Twitter the most noticeable are those who are not SFers commenting on it. That is how noticeable it is.

There was a poster here not so long ago that got laughed out of town for starting a succession of threads on FGbots in the HelpDesk. Don't go down his conspiracy theory route wherever he is now.

That's because of your biased views probably.

The indo having four articles on the front page regarding the same story is my bias? That makes zero sense.

• Advertisement

The thing is SF, or at least a large, section of their supporters seem to think they have achieved something more than they have as yet.
    Apart from having the highest party vote, what have they achieved yet, not Govt, not even the right to be in Govt unless they can convince others to join them.
    They seem to be of the opinion that they have achieved this and that as the largest party, how dare the others and the press not comply.
    All could be for nothing and that seems to me to be what's irking SF and supporters.
    Pity they hadn't the belief in themselves before the election that they have now, whinging about the press and media won't change that.

Advertisement