Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardaí: Provo Army Council oversees PIRA & SF

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    There was a poster here not so long ago that got laughed out of town for starting a succession of threads on FGbots in the HelpDesk. Don't go down his conspiracy theory route wherever he is now.

He sounds fierce handsome who ever he was.
    By 'succession' I believe you mean one asking MODS to look into it. FYI: It's accepted now.
    If you want to talk conspiracies talk to your boy Varadkar ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The thing is SF, or at least a large, section of their supporters seem to think they have achieved something more than they have as yet.
    Apart from having the highest party vote, what have they achieved yet, not Govt, not even the right to be in Govt unless they can convince others to join them.
    They seem to be of the opinion that they have achieved this and that as the largest party, how dare the others and the press not comply.
    All could be for nothing and that seems to me to be what's irking SF and supporters.
    Pity they hadn't the belief in themselves before the election that they have now, whinging about the press and media won't change that.

I think SF have totally changed Irish politics. For the better, if you see the power swap as a toxic thing.
    Watching the Redress programme last night is all the reminder you need of how cozy things are at the top in this country...vested interests, politicians, the judiciary, The Gardai and the media.
    Seems to me they all act for each other ultimately. Whether that be a self preservation thing or a conspiracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

I think SF have totally changed Irish politics. For the better, if you see the power swap as a toxic thing.
    Watching the Redress programme last night is all the reminder you need of how cozy things are at the top in this country...vested interests, politicians, the judiciary, The Gardai and the media.
    Seems to me they all act for each other ultimately. Whether that be a self preservation thing or a conspiracy.

Funny enough I see the opposite, I see them as, adding to it.
    We have no hands clean party, either FF or FG or SF.
    To suggest that SF is the answer to this is to put it mildly, ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Bowie wrote: »
    The indo having four articles on the front page regarding the same story is my bias? That makes zero sense.

If a party aiming for a place in government has links to sex offenders, murderers, smugglers, conspiracy theorists, and members of the control structure of an illegal criminal organisation then that’s newsworthy.

There’s no grand conspiracy here - just the press and media doing what they should do.

Funny enough I see the opposite, I see them as, adding to it.
    We have no hands clean party, either FF or FG or SF.
    To suggest that SF is the answer to this is to put it mildly, ridiculous.

I wasn't suggesting 'clean hands'.
    Again that Redress Programme would tell you that no party is 'clean' and probably never will be.

It is the ending of the cozy power swap that will bring the changes here IMO. And it has ended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

He sounds fierce handsome who ever he was.
    By 'succession' I believe you mean one asking MODS to look into it. FYI: It's accepted now.
    If you want to talk conspiracies talk to your boy Varadkar ;)

I don't know what you mean by "it's accepted now".

If you mean there isn't such a coven and it was a wild conspiracy theory, yes, that is accepted. That's how the thread ended.

If a party aiming for a place in government has links to sex offenders, murderers, smugglers, conspiracy theorists, and members of the control structure of an illegal criminal organisation then that’s newsworthy.

There’s no grand conspiracy here - just the press and media doing what they should do.

Like the other chap, you make no sense as regards my post.
    Four articles on the same story on the front page during an election. That's not conspiracy that's commenting on a fact.

As regards your laundry list, FF and FG have already been in. They meet much of the above.
    Varadkar is a disgrace to the country regarding his bratty behaviour on coming third.

You can't keep saying it without proving it. Then it's a conspiracy of lies, not newsworthy.

As Leo had pointed out to him all day yesterday, FG's financial history is hardly sparkingly clean,
    FF's protection of pedophiles isn't exemplary as the Redress programme is showing.
    And both of them were born out of violence.

I don't know what you mean by "it's accepted now".

If you mean there isn't such a coven and it was a wild conspiracy theory, yes, that is accepted. That's how the thread ended.

What wild conspiracy? Can you clarify?
    It was a thread in 'help' asking the MODS to look. Very appropriate IMO.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

I think I’m in the twilight zone.

RTÉ radio 1 actually have Mary lou on shortly on covid

I can’t remember the last time RTÉ had anyone from SF on.

• Advertisement

Runaways wrote: »

They'll be taking the piss otherwise they'd have Harris on.

You can't keep saying it without proving it. Then it's a conspiracy of lies, not newsworthy.

As Leo had pointed out to him all day yesterday, FG's financial history is hardly sparkingly clean,
    FF's protection of pedophiles isn't exemplary as the Redress programme is showing.
    And both of them were born out of violence.

We'd a FF TD not informing the Garda that he knew his cousin was molesting and one who wrote a character letter for another.
    That said FG didn't pay a tax for 9 years and Noonan lied saying they'd already begun to address it when they only began to after revenue had contacted them on it. Also Sitserv deal still under investigation and the NCH over run, so Varadkar should keep his gob closed really ;)

I did notice that Sinn Fein had gone to ground in the last few days, avoiding talking about their failure to form a government. Mary-Lou will be on criticising the HSE, the Minister, the government and promoting hysteria, it is what she does best and distracts from their failure.

We'd a FF TD not informing the Garda that he knew his cousin was molesting and one who wrote a character letter for another.
    That said FG didn't pay a tax for 9 years and Noonan lied saying they'd already begun to address it when they only began to after revenue had contacted them on it. Also Sitserv deal still under investigation and the NCH over run, so Varadkar should keep his gob closed really ;)

A bunch of lies doesn't change anything.

Are you sure that you haven't mixed up that FF TD with Gerry Adams and his brother, the child-abusing one he got a job for working with kids?

As he got told many times yesterday. Think it was Michael Lehane was tweeting this morning that he set off conniptions within FG because of the scrutiny they were getting. If there was an Olympic pursuit of shooting oneself in the foot he'd be gold medal material. :D

Michael has gone to ground to stay away from questions he has to answer on a number of issues now. He'll be staying away from an election campaign no doubt as hat is not the place he will want to be answering for his many 'mistakes'.

I did notice that Sinn Fein had gone to ground in the last few days, avoiding talking about their failure to form a government. Mary-Lou will be on criticising the HSE, the Minister, the government and promoting hysteria, it is what she does best and distracts from their failure.

You’re having a laugh. RTÉ policy is to not have SF on at any point and give them a kicking every available opportunity

Could you have been any further from what actually happened. :):)

Hysteria? What do you base this on? Nothing I assume. The hysteria is coming from yourself and others still smarting after coming third, more so Leo Varadkar.
    A bunch of lies doesn't change anything.

Are you sure that you haven't mixed up that FF TD with Gerry Adams and his brother, the child-abusing one he got a job for working with kids?
    Mr Noonan claimed the party disclosed the payments voluntarily to the Revenue Commissioners in 1999. However, in a statement the party admitted that the Revenue Commissioners dispute this, and say they had begun to investigate Fine Gael before the party revealed the payments.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/fine-gael-admits-tax-evasion-over-period-of-9-years-1.307406

No.
    A former Fianna Fail Minister has said he was told his cousin was a sex abuser in 2002 - but he didn't report the matter to gardai.

Brendan Kenneally was a TD in Waterford and served as Minister of State in the early 1990s. His first cousin, sports coach and accountant Bill Kenneally (66), was sentenced last February to 14 years for the horrific abuse of young teenage boys in the 1980s in Waterford.
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/former-td-was-told-cousin-abused-boys-but-he-said-nothing-35076323.html

So yeah FF/FG meet much of JF's concerns over SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

I wasn't suggesting 'clean hands'.
    Again that Redress Programme would tell you that no party is 'clean' and probably never will be.

It is the ending of the cozy power swap that will bring the changes here IMO. And it has ended.

Not yet it seems.
    Nothing as bad as a revolutionary that only wants his pigs snout in the trough as well as the others.

Hysteria? What do you base this on? Nothing I assume. The hysteria is coming from yourself and others still smarting after coming third, more so Leo Varadkar.

No.

So yeah FF/FG meet much of JF's concerns over SF.

Funny how some people always end up talking about Varadkar in a SF thread.

• Advertisement

She was fairly scathing on Leo there and his bratty comments attacking sf and her personally in the papers. She said she found it beneath the office of an Taoiseach.
    She’s right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

She was fairly scathing on Leo there and his bratty comments attacking sf and her personally in the papers. She said she found it beneath the office of an Taoiseach.
    She’s right.

Fish wife critiquing someone for un-Taoiseach-like behaviour. Classic :D

Funny how some people always end up talking about Varadkar in a SF thread.

Funny how you accuse people of lying and then change tack when called out.
    More disturbingly you'll side line one case of child molestation for another is it helps you score a political point.

A poster suggested SF would be an issue based on a list of things we can also assign to FF/FG. Merely informing the poster. Also It's a thread on a FF/FG pushed inference that the IRA still exist and give orders to SF rather than ex-IRA being in SF, which is more truthful but less salacious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

In you own words.

I think the Irish media have a lot of soul searching to do or they will go the way of FF/FG.

What will SF do to them if they don't carry out your soul searching?

What are you talking about?

The Irish media have a lot of soul searching to do with the way they have tried to subvert the last three elections.

Now point out where I have said anything about SF having anything to do with that firstly?

And then you can answer the original question to your statement that you are trying to avoid

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I think SF have totally changed Irish politics.

Meanwhile back in the real world, SF will still be in opposition for the next Dail ! FFS they can't even get the looniest TD's in the house to support them in government. Mary Lou et al will pocket around €750,000 each over the lifetime of the next dail and you will still have muppets on social media getting worked up about them.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Meanwhile back in the real world, SF will still be in opposition for the next Dail ! FFS they can't even get the looniest TD's in the house to support them in government. Mary Lou et al will pocket around €750,000 over the lifetime of the next dail and you will still have muppets on social media getting worked up about them.:D

This must be the real world according to the gospel of therealdanbreen, because back in this one, the only party's who say they won't support them in govt are FF (who severely got their wings clipped) and the DUPlite (FG) Brendan Howlin as leader said no, but he's on his way out, what the new leader will say is beyond anyone's guess, and I repeat, they've such a small amount of seats they're irrelevant anyway.

MM would have had no problems going in with the shinners had he of been in a position to make them scapegoats and lord over them.

Didn't work out that way though, and they'll no doubt not be wanting another election either what with post election polls and how Michaél seems to have gone to ground since the results became clear.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

McMurphy wrote: »
    This must be the real world according to the gospel of therealdanbreen, because back in this one, the only party's who say they won't support them in govt are FF (who severely got their wings clipped) and the DUPlite (FG) Brendan Howlin as leader said no, but he's on his way out, what the new leader will say is beyond anyone's guess, and I repeat, they've such a small amount of seats they're irrelevant anyway.
    MM would have had no problems going in with the shinners had he of been in a position to make them scapegoats and lord over them.

Didn't work out that way though, and they'll no doubt not be wanting another election either what with post election polls and how Michaél seems to have gone to ground since the results became clear.

So that’s all 3 traditional parties, Murphy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

McMurphy wrote: »

So in your world SF will be in Government in the next dail ?

So that’s all 3 traditional parties, Murphy.

Does it counter what the realdanbreen was saying?

Yes > what's your point?

Btw, the fact that the 2 (because labour have been irrelevant for a while now) can't just assume to get their well padded holes into guaranteed seats post election is a good thing.

I'm hopeful of a clarification election to put things to bed in the coming months.

Doubtful FFG will though.

• Advertisement

So in your world SF will be in Government in the next dail ?

That's not what I said, I simply corrected your assertion about who wouldn't support any notion of Sinn Fein in govt, you said and I quote.
    FFS they can't even get the looniest TD's in the house to support them in government.
    which is completely and utterly untrue, don't try and get me to go off on a different tangent now.

Obviously, if you're now counting FFG (forget labour, I repeat they're irrelevant) as the "looniest TDs in the house" fair enough, but prepare for a backlash from many around these parts whom are loyal followers.

Michaéal and Leo must coalesce, or we're back to the polls. Win win for the shinners regardless I reckon.

Advertisement