Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardaí: Provo Army Council oversees PIRA & SF

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

McMurphy wrote: »
    That's not what I said, I simply corrected your assertion about who wouldn't support any notion of Sinn Fein in govt, you said and I quote. which is completely and utterly untrue, don't try and get me to go off on a different tangent now.

Obviously, if you're now counting FFG (forget labour, I repeat they're irrelevant) as the "looniest TDs in the house" fair enough, but prepare for a backlash from many around these parts whom are loyal followers..

'loyal followers' Are you talking about SF or the church of Scientology? And why keep bringing up the Labour party when the thread is about the Provos controlling SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

'loyal followers' Are you talking about SF or the church of Scientology? And why keep bringing up the Labour party when the thread is about the Provos controlling SF.

You don't recall how anyone other than the Sinn Fein party were being discussed:confused:

Oh dear.
    FFS they can't even get the looniest TD's in the house to support them in government.

You could just admit you were hoop talking, and got called out you know. :D

BTW I haven't heard anything from the Waterford TD Culhane since he said on drive time that he recognised the authority of an Garda Siochana. You could almost hear him gulp when he realised what he had said! Heard he broke all records driving to Belfast next morning to explain himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

BTW I haven't heard anything from the Waterford TD Culhane since he said on drive time that he recognised the authority of an Garda Siochana. You could almost hear him gulp when he realised what he had said! Heard he broke all records driving to Belfast next morning to explain himself.

Hard to count the number of years you are behind here. Really really is cringe level stuff now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

smurgen wrote: »
    Checked the papers . Mary Lou still not arrested and SF more popular than ever.

Placed under house arrest though

• Advertisement

Hard to count the number of years you are behind here. Really really is cringe level stuff now.

Oh! So when did the provos recognise the authority of AGS?

If David Cullinane is a 'provo', he should be arrested.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭golfball37

Are you a wum with that username? Genuine question, as Dan Breen's only regret was he didn't kill enough Brits to quote the man himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

golfball37 wrote: »
    Are you a wum with that username? Genuine question, as Dan Breen's only regret was he didn't kill enough Brits to quote the man himself.

Disgruntled FF voter I reckon, upset the shinners stole their thunder.

golfball37 wrote: »

Dan Breen fought in the war of independence. He was never involved in drug dealing and extortion and never deliberately slaughtered civilians. Also he never denied his old IRA involvement and to my knowledge was never questioned about the abduction and killing of a woman unlike others.

• Advertisement

Dan Breen fought in the war of independence. He was never involved in drug dealing and extortion and never deliberately slaughtered civilians. Also he never denied his old IRA involvement and to my knowledge was never questioned about the abduction and killing of a woman unlike others.

Typically under researched.

Have a look at the work of the likes of Mary McAuliffe on violence perpertrated on women by all sides in our various conflicts.

Also realise, more people where 'disappeared' in COrk and Kerry alone during the period than the IRA did in the most recent conflict.

In short: Desist trying to sanitise a conflict/war to suit yourself. They are equally awful things for all concerned.

If David Cullinane is a 'provo', he should be arrested.

The kindest thing I can say is that you may not fully understand what the title of the thread means.

The kindest thing I can say is that you may not fully understand what the title of the thread means.

Ah I see...because somebody wrote a thread title on Boards.ie that makes something true? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭maccored

the kindest thing I can say is you have no idea about the 'old' ira

Ah I see...because somebody wrote a thread title on Boards.ie that makes something true? :)

But AGS who you say the provos recognise ( which is untrue )believe it to be true. Do you not accept their assessment? Remember now this is an open forum you're not just talking to brainwashed loyal followers.

maccored wrote: »
    the kindest thing I can say is you have no idea about the 'old' ira

It's pretty hilarious when you think about it. I know facepalms are old hat now but it deserves a Dan Breen one. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,835 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I have yet to see you disprove that SF are NOT overseen by an army council Francie. Despite statements from various sources to the contrary. For a fella who criticized me for being on a one man crusade against SF. You seem to be doing just as good a job on the other side of the argument despite any real evidence or statements. And Gerry wandering into negotiations with his retro 70's-esquese long hair style.... come on man

I refuse to believe you are that naive. You can use all the semantics you want but is is clear that members or former members of said council are the real power behind SF. It is the way republicanism operates, but we are supposed to pretend the whole thing looks perfectly natural?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

But AGS who you say the provos recognise ( which is untrue )believe it to be true. Do you not accept their assessment? Remember now this is an open forum you're not just talking to brainwashed loyal followers.

The Provos don't exist anymore, they have left the stage. That is what I believe in concert with the Independent bodies tasked to oversee this.

If Leo and the Gardai believe that the IRA is still operating then the onus is on them to use their powers to bring them to a court and prosecute them.

I have yet to see you disprove that SF are NOT overseen by an army council Francie. Despite statements from various sources to the contrary. For a fella who criticized me for being on a one man crusade against SF. You seem to be doing just as good a job on the other side of the argument despite any real evidence or statements. And Gerry wandering into negotiations with his retro 70's-esquese long hair style.... come on man

I refuse to believe you are that naive. You can use all the semantics you want but is is clear that members or former members of said council are the real power behind SF. It is the way republicanism operates, but we are supposed to pretend the whole thing looks perfectly natural?

Ex IRA nor 'allegedly Ex-IRA' people involved in SF is not evidence of the IRA functioning as an organised group.

The Garda Commissioner has a duty to protect against illegal organisations. If he has proof or intelligence, let him use it. The SCC will accept his opinion as evidence if he shows the intelligence on which that opinion is based. That intelligence must be of a profound enough quality if it has persuaded our acting Taoiseach that the 'IRA needs to be disbanded'.

If they are unable to prove all this, that speaks for itself too.

The Provos don't exist anymore, they have left the stage. That is what I believe in concert with the Independent bodies tasked to oversee this.

If Leo and the Gardai believe that the IRA is still operating then the onus is on them to use their powers to bring them to a court and prosecute them.

They have left the stage in NAME ONLY the structures are still there they can still meet for chat discussion and strategy. Who was David Culliane referring to when he said 'up the ra' to rapturous applause? A disbanded organisation? Come on.

Republicanism has been heading a 50 year strategy with Gerry and the army council.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭The Rooster

I agree.

But while the Provos don't exist anymore, the people still exist. People from the old IRA army council still control Sinn Fein. But they all agreed with the peace process and the disbandment of the IRA. I've zero fears of a return of terrorist provos supported by Sinn Fein. But voters should be aware of who exactly Mary Lou goes to for counsel and what their current outlook/beliefs/objectives are.

SF should be leading the way in transparency to show they ARE different to the other parties in politics terms. Instead there's seems to be a lot of harking back to FF and FG croneyism and too much influence held by certain business people, and using this an an excuse for SF to have their own secret backers. So more of the same. Politicians.

Ex IRA nor 'allegedly Ex-IRA' people involved in SF is not evidence of the IRA functioning as an organised group.

The Garda Commissioner has a duty to protect against illegal organisations. If he has proof or intelligence, let him use it. The SCC will accept his opinion as evidence if he shows the intelligence on which that opinion is based. That intelligence must be of a profound enough quality if it has persuaded our acting Taoiseach that the 'IRA needs to be disbanded'.

It is plainly obvious to a blind man why this is not done Francie as it would disrupt the peace and has the potential to reignite a troubles. Ordinary decent people are waiting for SF to mature and grow up. Dessie Ellis. AOS, David Culinane et al have a lot of catching up to do with the more sensible members of SF.

They have left the stage in NAME ONLY the structures are still there they can still meet for chat discussion and strategy. Who was David Culliane referring to when he said 'up the ra' to rapturous applause? A disbanded organisation? Come on.

Republicanism has been heading a 50 year strategy with Gerry and the army council.

This NONSENSE trips off your tongue as easy as it does of Leo's.

IF this is happening, there are other things that need to happen. And one of them is NOT Leo pushing this organisation into government elsewhere and ignoring the 'intelligence'.

It's PUT UP or shut the **** up time. The electorate is screaming it at him and you now.

It is plainly obvious to a blind man why this is not done Francie as it would disrupt the peace and has the potential to reignite a troubles. Ordinary decent people are waiting for SF to mature and grow up. Dessie Ellis. AOS, David Culinane et al have a lot of catching up to do with the more sensible members of SF.

So the same sort of excuse that is made around what the church did?

We 'ignored' it all and then when it looked that we would suffer for that, we covered it all up with gagging orders etc.

Get up the yard gormdubh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

This NONSENSE trips off your tongue as easy as it does of Leo's.

IF this is happening, there are other things that need to happen. And one of them is NOT Leo pushing this organisation into government elsewhere and ignoring the 'intelligence'.

It's PUT UP or shut the **** up time. The electorate is screaming it at him and you now.

They aren’t though. There’s a large majority of people in this country who will never vote for SF while they continue to ignore issues in their ranks like being controlled by a load of murdering thugs from West Belfast, their eulogising of murdering thugs, their shït attempts to cover up child sex abuse by the IRA etc.

Not a normal party and they don’t operate with the same moral compass as normal society. Not our fault people feel this way.

you already know, the report said that the IRA army council exist in Northern Ireland.
    AGS exist in the Republic of Ireland.

They aren’t though. There’s a large majority of people in this country who will never vote for SF while they continue to ignore issues in their ranks like being controlled by a load of murdering thugs from West Belfast, their eulogising of murdering thugs, their shït attempts to cover up child sex abuse by the IRA etc.

Not a normal party and they don’t operate with the same moral compass as normal society. Not our fault people feel this way.

Francie has admitted this himself but couches it in terms of legacy issues following a war. The irony is that many hardcore SF voters and members are attracted to SF because they enjoy the shadow of the army council and mystic of republicanism. It is why Mary and David C joined SF. Never militarily active but were brainwashed by a Republican propaganda at a young age.

Once I see the gougers and yahoos moving away from supporting SF then I will know for sure they are moving in the right direction. The likes of AOS and so on who play up to the SF myth to the uneducated working class.

I'm sure Gerry, as he sits in his holiday home counting his sterling and euro pensions really apprecites his followers coing out to bat for SF and getting all worked up! As somebody once said " there's a sucker born every minute "

Francie has admitted this himself but couches it in terms of legacy issues following a war. The irony is that many hardcore SF voters and members are attracted to SF because they enjoy the shadow of the army council and mystic of republicanism. It is why Mary and David C joined SF. Never militarily active but were brainwashed by a Republican propaganda at a young age.

Once I see the gougers and yahoos moving away from supporting SF then I will know for sure they are moving in the right direction. The likes of AOS and so on who play up to the SF myth to the uneducated working class.
    I'm sure Gerry, as he sits in his holiday home counting his sterling and euro pensions really apprecites his followers coing out to bat for SF and getting all worked up! As somebody once said " there's a sucker born every minute "

Lads...this is just biased bile dressed up as political thoughts.

Nobody is listening anymore only a hardcore of the fearful. Fearful that the control of power is gone.

As the last two nights documentaries showed the people of Ireland clearly, the real 'shadowy figures' who will deal and double deal against the people have always been hiding in plain sight. I'm sure they appreciate you guys 'coming out to bat for them', 'bless you my children etc etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Lads...this is just biased bile dressed up as political thoughts.

Nobody is listening anymore only a hardcore of the fearful. Fearful that the control of power is gone.

As the last two nights documentaries showed the people of Ireland clearly, the real 'shadowy figures' who will deal and double deal against the people have always been hiding in plain sight. I'm sure they appreciate you guys 'coming out to bat for them', 'bless you my children etc etc.

Weren’t you a FF voter, Francis?

Advertisement