Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardaí: Provo Army Council oversees PIRA & SF

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭maccored

i dont know whats happened common sense. lets break this down:
    • he's a EX sinn fein member for a reason
    • he runs a party looking at the same pool roughly for votes

Any wonder he 'isn't too happy'?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

She may well have been just like some of the SinnFein inner circle were. But at the end of the day she was a scared pathetic widow with 10 kids dragged from her flat and murdered on the orders of some brave figure sitting at a safe remove.

That's been the way of conflict/war since the dawn of time.

If I were fierce, and bald, and short of breath
    I'd live with scarlet Majors at the Base,
    And speed glum heroes up the line to death.
    You'd see me with my puffy petulant face,
    Guzzling and gulping in the best hotel,
    Reading the Roll of Honour. "Poor young chap,"
    I'd say — "I used to know his father well;
    Yes, we've lost heavily in this last scrap."
    And when the war is done and youth stone dead,
    I'd toddle safely home and die — in bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

That's been the way of conflict/war since the dawn of time.

If I were fierce, and bald, and short of breath
    I'd live with scarlet Majors at the Base,
    And speed glum heroes up the line to death.
    You'd see me with my puffy petulant face,
    Guzzling and gulping in the best hotel,
    Reading the Roll of Honour. "Poor young chap,"
    I'd say — "I used to know his father well;
    Yes, we've lost heavily in this last scrap."
    And when the war is done and youth stone dead,
    I'd toddle safely home and die — in bed.

Ah here! I'm off, enjoy the weekend(let me know what pub you drink in so I can make sure I don't end up in it listening to some auld lad reciting poetry)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭maccored

OK.
    In case you can't get the article if you're not a subscriber, I quote

"We don’t want a parliamentary party running the organisation,” the senior party officer said. “We want to stay a party of activists. It’s a totally different model. There’s nothing mysterious about it.”

Mackin has been the party’s director of finance for years and, prior to that, was joint party treasurer with the veteran republican, the late Joe Cahill. Mackin was convicted of IRA membership in the 1970s.

Three former Sinn Féin elected representatives also told The Irish Times that Martin was correct when he said the party is not controlled by its politicians.

Speaking off the record, the three politicians all said separately that Sinn Féin was a tightly controlled organisation where unelected officials sought to tell elected representatives what to do.

One of them said IRA veterans have the greatest influence within the party. “There are no paper walls hiding people,” the politician said. “It’s not a case of IRA figures in a smoky room in Belfast. They are on the ardchomhairle.”

THE COISTE SEASTA
    The three former Sinn Féin politicians said separately that the party’s standing committee, the Coiste Seasta, is a key body in the running of the party. There are currently eight people on the committee, only one of whom is an elected representative. Five of the eight are from Belfast".

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/inside-sinn-f%C3%A9in-where-power-lies-and-how-decisions-are-made-1.4193138

Very conveniently 'speaking off the record'

Ah here! I'm off, enjoy the weekend(let me know what pub you drink in so I can make sure I don't end up in it listening to some auld lad reciting poetry)

Says the lad magnificently caught sanitising Dan Breen. :)

On your 'time off' have a look at what happened informers the Old IRA came across.

Wonder what rhymes with 'hypocrisy', I feel an auld poem coming on. ;)

• Advertisement

Says the lad magnificently caught sanitising Dan Breen. :)

On your 'time off' have a look at what happened informers the Old IRA came across.

Wonder what rhymes with 'hypocrisy', I feel an auld poem coming on. ;)

Cheers Frankie you just won me a bet!
    We had a bet here that you would respond within 2 minutes and have at least 1 ;) in the post!
    So predictable!

We had a bet here that you would respond within 2 minutes and have at least 1 ;) in the post!
    So predictable!

I just won 450,000 squids betting you weren't really leaving!! ;);):D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

So predictable!

LOLZ,Dont know who you could have bet with one here as your tag team wasn't long deserting you yesterday when you told them of your love for Lowry.

Wouldn't do for the "green" party supporters on here to show their true membership of the dark forces of the Blueshirts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

So predictable!

Here being Mount Street (paid for by Denis O'Brien!)

Here being Mount Street (paid for by Denis O'Brien!)

Ah Marie if it isn't yourself back again.
    Hope you get to stick around for a while this time.:D

• Advertisement

bubblypop wrote: »
    to be perfectly honest, a member of his family worked with a member of mine, also one of my oldest friends was very close to the family during the investigation, so I know what his was or wasn't involved with. Like I said it doesn't matter one bit.
    but yes, I do believe reports by the security services.

Security service from both sides of the border briefed the Taoisigh of the day that Paul Quinn was involved in criminality.

Were they lying?

tipptom wrote: »
    Security service from both sides of the border briefed the Taoisigh of the day that Paul Quinn was involved in criminality.

Were they lying?

I already answered that question.
    I said I believe them.

Ah Marie if it isn't yourself back again.
    Hope you get to stick around for a while this time.:D

So your not gone!!!

I already answered that question.
    I said I believe them.

That Paul Quinn was involved in criminality?

[/B]

Rein it in a bit lad, even your fellow travellers are finding it a bit distasteful..

[/B]

Paul Quinn was not convicted of any offences, he was not a criminal.

Pretty sure boards. Ie would not appreciate me or anyone else speculating on here about this man.

On your point about security services reports, they are very often based on intelligence & information available to them. I believe what their reports state, into activities that they are more aware of than I

I am also aware that sometimes someone allows this information into the public domain when it should not be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Pretty sure boards. Ie would not appreciate me or anyone else speculating on here about this man.

On your point about security services reports, they are very often based on intelligence & information available to them. I believe what their reports state, into activities that they are more aware of than I

I am also aware that sometimes someone allows this information into the public domain when it should not be.

This is a speculation thread ffs.

Anyway like I say at the end of the day Mary Lou and her merry men/women/etc will be back on the opposition benches each of them pocketing around €750,000 tax free over the next dail term, the army council will pocket their Sterling payments for keeping the peace and only the loyal keyboard freedom fighters will be getting worked up about it.

Rein it in a bit lad, even your fellow travellers are finding it a bit distasteful..

Your fellow travellers were not long in deserting you when they heard you supported the lowest of the low,Michael Lowry.

For the record I have no fellow travellers on here and take no direction from anyone on here as I would have plenty that I would disagree with SF policy's or direction at times

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

[/B]

But you don't believe that, do you Tom?

• Advertisement

Anyway like I say at the end of the day Mary Lou and her merry men/women/etc will be back on the opposition benches each of them pocketing around €750,000 tax free over the next dail term, the army council will pocket their Sterling payments for keeping the peace and only the loyal keyboard freedom fighters will be getting worked up about it.

You get drunk very quick.

A cheap date! ;)

Bowie wrote: »
    This is a speculation thread ffs.

This thread is about an actual existing report
    Some people don't seem to believe it. But it's still an existing report.

There is a more recent 'independent' one that doesn't mention the IRA at all.

That's fair enough.

You seem to have great faith in what security services say and I think there should be clarity on the information they gave to our taosaigh of the time.

Someone is lying.

From the same people who said Paul Quinn was involved in criminality.

maccored wrote: »
    Very conveniently 'speaking off the record'

"We don’t want a parliamentary party running the organisation"

"Mackin has been the party’s director of finance for years and, prior to that, was joint party treasurer with the veteran republican, the late Joe Cahill. Mackin was convicted of IRA membership in the 1970".

Looks to me like he is saying the organisation is just looking for puppets upfront, like MaryLou, Michelle etc etc.

For the record I have no fellow travellers on here and take no direction from anyone on here

Except his Lordship who had you up at 5am mucking out his horses!

That states that the council aren't active. Yet here we are with some stating as 'fact' that they are active and controlling SF. This is not speculation?
    And as to Paul Quinn he was murdered and those responsible should pay. As to if he were involved in criminality or not makes no difference in relation to his murder however it's a valid subject to speculate upon, as much as who could have killed him and why etc. but maybe in another thread.

Except his Lordship who had you up at 5am mucking out his horses!

What are you on about? Are you in the wrong thread?

• Advertisement

That's fair enough.

You seem to have great faith in what security services say and I think there should be clarity on the information they gave to our taosaigh of the time.

Someone is lying.

The, party line has changed, move on.
    Murphy apologised somewhat, ML said Paul Quinn was a victim and not a criminal or involved in criminality.

Advertisement