Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardaí: Provo Army Council oversees PIRA & SF

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

"We don’t want a parliamentary party running the organisation"

"Mackin has been the party’s director of finance for years and, prior to that, was joint party treasurer with the veteran republican, the late Joe Cahill. Mackin was convicted of IRA membership in the 1970".

Looks to me like he is saying the organisation is just looking for puppets upfront, like MaryLou, Michelle etc etc.

Do you think that's realistic, in reality like? How do you fit McGuinness into this fairytale? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Bowie wrote: »
    Do you think that's realistic, in reality like?

That's what he said, what do you think?

McGuinness is dead lrh, and no longer in the equation, but I'd say he and Gerry were members of the backroom part of the organisation

That's what he said, what do you think?

It's your conclusion that differs with this plain of conscious existence.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

What are you on about? Are you in the wrong thread?

I know it can be hard to keep up, what page are you on at the moment?

I know it can be hard to keep up, what page are you on at the moment?

What lord is mucking out what horses and how does it relate to the thread outside of you behaving like an arse trying to get a rise out of someone?

• Advertisement

It's your conclusion that differs with this plain of conscious existence.

Not sure what you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

The, party line has changed, move on.
    Murphy apologised somewhat, ML said Paul Quinn was a victim and not a criminal or involved in criminality.

Well all the papers and media were running with story's on it yesterday.

The same security services that are briefing about some spook being fed information about the IRA in backrooms put out information that Paul Quinn was involved in criminality.

I hope the animals that murdered Paul Quinn are caught and locked up for life but what I am talking about is the security services and their role in this and if their information can be trusted.

Not sure what you mean?

You drew your conclusion. That's the comment I've issue with. We've a defunct inactive army council, running SF and the party leader et al. merely puppets. Loada me bollo.

Also while McGuinness was alive obviously :rolleyes:
    He was hardly the tea boy in the 'RA and he'd no issues signing up to SF to get his spoke in.

You drew your conclusion. That's the comment I've issue with. We've a defunct inactive army council, running SF and the party leader et al. merely puppets. Loada me bollo.

Also while McGuinness was alive obviously :rolleyes:

You're boring me with your whitewashed brainfarts now. I drew my conclusion and said what it sounded like to me.
    What's your honest non SF opinion of what Macklin said and for a change say what you really think and quit with the horse**** trying to make a bolix of what I said, deal with what Sinn Feins own said.

You're boring me with your whitewashed brainfarts now. I drew my conclusion and said what it sounded like to me.
    What's your honest non SF opinion of what Macklin said and for a change say what you really think and quit with the horse**** trying to make a bolix of what I said, deal with what Sinn Feins own said.

Calm yourself. You believe ML and chums are mere puppets taking their lead from an inactive army council who have no army. Fair enough ;)

• Advertisement

Calm yourself. You believe ML and chums are mere puppets taking their lead from an inactive army council who have no army. Fair enough ;)

I'm calm as mustard, eating my chicken dinner. ;).

You still didn't answer my question?

I'm calm as mustard, eating my chicken dinner. ;).

You still didn't answer my question?

My bad.
    Seems to me he thinks former IRA members being involved in SF is the same as having the IRA running that party. I disagree. If the IRA were active he'd have a point. Everyone knows there are ex-IRA and IRA associates within SF. Whether they made the tea or were on the army council back then doesn't make any odds to me.
    We should be thankful they have put armed struggle behind them and moved to politics.
    Now what do I win?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

tipptom wrote: »
    The same security services that are briefing about some spook being fed information about the IRA in backrooms put out information that Paul Quinn was involved in criminality.

Nauseating blame-shifting. Sinn Fein spread the rumour that Paul Quinn was involved in criminality - Conor Murphy just being one - and the security services picked up the rumour.

Nobody to blame but your friends.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Nauseating blame-shifting. Sinn Fein spread the rumour that Paul Quinn was involved in criminality - Conor Murphy just being one - and the security services picked up the rumour.

Dishonesty.
    Garda says Quinn killing a criminal feud - Ahern

The murder in Monaghan last month of Paul Quinn "was not paramilitary but pertained to feuds about criminality that were taking place", the Taoiseach told the Dáil. Bertie Ahern said the Government had received a number of reports from both gardaí "and secondhand from the PSNI, and both of them match at this stage, that this action was due to criminality".
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/garda-says-quinn-killing-a-criminal-feud-ahern-1.982248

Now, you accusing tipptom of engaging in criminality or being friends with criminals? Would that be defamatory?

My bad.
    Seems to me he thinks former IRA members being involved in SF is the same as having the IRA running that party. I disagree. If the IRA were active he'd have a point. Everyone knows there are ex-IRA and IRA associates within SF. Whether they made the tea or were on the army council back then doesn't make any odds to me.
    We should be thankful they have put armed struggle behind them and moved to politics.
    Now what do I win?

Nothing, because that's just the same old trot out.
    He said they couldn't have the parliamentary party making decisions for the organisation, so if the elected TD's, MLAs and MPs aren't making them, who is?

He said they couldn't have the parliamentary party making decisions for the organisation, so if the elected TD's, MLAs and MPs aren't making them, who is?

First time I've ever posted on it. I think you are looking for a FG'er type response, 'nothing to see here'. I'm not tied to any party so I've no need to play defense for a team no matter how ridiculous the defense ;)
    If true, likely ex-IRA and outside consultants/advisers. I would imagine.

First time I've ever posted on it. I think you are looking for a FG'er type response, 'nothing to see here'. I'm not tied to any party so I've no need to play defense for a team no matter how ridiculous the defense ;)
    If true, likely ex-IRA and outside consultants/advisers. I would imagine.

So I'm right then about the elected puppets?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Why the f**k would you not quote everything he said. The answer you are looking for is there.

Des Mackin wrote:
    Sinn Féin does not want its elected representatives controlling the party, he said.

“We don’t want a parliamentary party running the organisation,” the senior party officer said. “We want to stay a party of activists. It’s a totally different model. There’s nothing mysterious about it.”

It is a different way to what we are used to. But there is nothing undemocratic about it and could actually be seen as more democratic.

So I'm right then about the elected puppets?

Only if you think Varadkar, Harris, Martin, O'Dea, Howlin etc. fall into that category. I don't.
    Every party has outside consultants and advisers.
    It's a damp squib lads. Ex IRA are involved with SF, so what? It's not news. The Election results won't change ;)
    Can I get an 'Up the ...Social Democrats, Sinn Fein, PBP'? :)

Why the f**k would you not quote everything he said. The answer you are looking for is there.

It is a different way to what we are used to. But there is nothing undemocratic about it and could actually be seen as more democratic.

If you bothered to read my earlier posts I quoted the whole article virtually including that.
    But yous all ignored it as if it didn't exist, it took yous a good while to fix up a theory to overcome the admittance contained in the article but yous have managed to circle them up eventually, like the good party lads yous are.

• Advertisement

If you bothered to read my earlier posts I quoted the whole article virtually including that.
    But yous all ignored it as if it didn't exist, it took yous a good while to fix up a theory to overcome the admittance contained in the article but yous have managed to circle them up eventually, like the good party lads yous are.

Scroll back the thread and I quoted it the other day.

Just because people ignore you wittering on about stuff does not a 'conspiracy' make.

FF have said they have non elected people influencing decisions. And I would bet the same is true of FG.

What is your point?

It's not really relevant is it? an ex-shinner has issues with the shinners. He sees the facts differently. Both Drew Harris and myself believe the army council are inactive. So ex-IRA being involved with SF is not the same thing as an active army council dictating to SF IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

blanch152 wrote: »

What???

Bertie Ahern told lies in the dail as taesoigh when he said that his information was from the security services?

Their information was from SF???

Don't want to drag you away from your new found Gay rights activism but you are going to have to provide a link to that little pearl.

Lads, you have the party's director of finance making the statement that was made, an admission of the influence of the council on the party's direction.
    The three others in the article didn't give their names, went off record, no TD except an ex one and some bullied councillors prior to this have gone on record as saying anything similar.
    None of our present TD's, or the party leader or deputy leader have ever been so forthcoming.
    Speaks volumes about who controls the party.

Lads, you have the party's director of finance making the statement that was made, an admission of the influence of the council on the party's direction.
    The three others in the article didn't give their names, went off record, no TD except an ex one and some bullied councillors prior to this have gone on record as saying anything similar.
    None of our present TD's, or the party leader or deputy leader have ever been so forthcoming.

We agree that individuals, likely ex-IRA are involved in the creation of SF policy. So what?

WHO controls it?

And what are they doing that is wrong?

Jaysus BoH...give us something in the real world here?

*By the way, he didn't say diddly squat about a 'council' of any kind.

WHO controls it?

And what are they doing that is wrong?

Jaysus BoH...give us something in the real world here?

*By the way, he didn't say diddly squat about a 'council' of any kind.

Not the parliamentary party that the people voted for apparently, can't have them making decisions for the organisation now can we?

Not the parliamentary party that the people voted for apparently, can't have them making decisions for the organisation now can we?

The parliamentary party are there to represent the party, not the other way around.

Perhaps it is a better way of doing things. PERHAPS party's wouldn't become so divorced from the electorate if they all did that?

Where is it written in stone that the 'parliamentary party' is all seeing and all powerful?

You struggling here...perhaps throw in 'army council' and 'shadowy' to add more sinister undertones? You'll be sure to get a 'thanks' from the others.

The parliamentary party are there to represent the party, not the other way around.

Perhaps it is a better way of doing things. PERHAPS party's wouldn't become so divorced from the electorate if they all did that?

Where is it written in stone that the 'parliamentary party' is all seeing and all powerful?

You struggling here...perhaps throw in 'army council' and 'shadowy' to add more sinister undertones? You'll be sure to get a 'thanks' from the others.

I never got one from davycc, disappointed about that:).

• Advertisement

I never got one from davycc, disappointed about that:).

I never get one from blanch. You get over it! ;)

Advertisement