Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardaí: Provo Army Council oversees PIRA & SF

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I never get one from blanch. You get over it! ;)

I have and I gave him one the other day :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

Always find it strange people rattle on about some SF IRA connection while we had FGFF be the ‘political wings of the church’ since forever and blind eyes turned to systemic rape of children protection of the rapists and of course the laundries. The last of which closed in 96.
    But that’s ok cos it’s the establishment and just how things are done.

Who’s the real danger here I wonder

Runaways wrote: »
    Always find it strange people rattle on about some SF IRA connection while we had FGFF be the ‘political wings of the church’ since forever and blind eyes turned to systemic rape of children protection of the rapists and of course the laundries. The last of which closed in 96.

Isn't it good that things are different & society has changed?
    I don't know about you, but thankfully most of that was before my time.
    I don't believe society would stand for that kind if thing now, do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭maccored

"We don’t want a parliamentary party running the organisation"

"Mackin has been the party’s director of finance for years and, prior to that, was joint party treasurer with the veteran republican, the late Joe Cahill. Mackin was convicted of IRA membership in the 1970".

Looks to me like he is saying the organisation is just looking for puppets upfront, like MaryLou, Michelle etc etc.

Get relevant please. He didn't make the ‘off record‘ statements and his quotes aren't what i was referring to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

maccored wrote: »
    Get relevant please. He didn't make the ‘off record‘ statements and his quotes aren't what i was referring to

Well then there's Dr Matt Tracey, he's former IRA.
    https://gript.ie/i-know-the-ira-army-council-has-always-controlled-sinn-fein/

• Advertisement

let him on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

No one in SF ever turned a blind eye to abuse....isn't that right Gerry?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

No one in SF ever turned a blind eye to abuse....isn't that right Gerry?

SF had as much trouble as most organisations had with these issues. From the scouts to swimming

Nobody did themselves proud.
    But at least Adams admitted he made mistakes and apologised for them. I don't think if it happened again in any of those organisations that it would be treated the same way again.

What the Shinners didn't do is facilitate what the power swap parties did here. And have largely remained unaccountable for what was done.

Michael Martin was not asked once about what the Redress documentaries showed. Nor has he been challenged on the Ceann Comhairle.

You can be sure if it twere the Shinners the radio and TV networks would be fizzling with chat and discussion about it and this place would be melting in moral high ground pontification.

Strange that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

Meh.
    No doubt 'they' must maintain the ruse to prevent former IRA people from flirting with dissents.

bubblypop wrote: »
    Isn't it good that things are different & society has changed?
    I don't know about you, but thankfully most of that was before my time.
    I don't believe society would stand for that kind if thing now, do you?

So it doesn’t matter because it’s before your time? It’s in living memory for the majority of people. Including those raped by priests or locked in laundries and their babies sold. And still awaiting redress or even apologies.
    Under FFFGs almost century long watch.
    But we can’t hold them accountable. It’s before your time.

SF however should be held to account for IRA carry on from decades ago!

Would you ever

• Advertisement

So it doesn’t matter because it’s before your time? It’s in living memory for the majority of people. Including those raped by priests or locked in laundries and their babies sold. And still awaiting redress or even apologies.

Would you ever

They should all be held accountable for their actions previously, all.
    There's none of them blameless, none.
    We have to try and judge them on which would be the best or worst going forward from where we are.

They should all be held accountable for their actions previously, all.
    There's none of them blameless, none.
    We have to try and judge them on which would be the best or worst going forward from where we are.

I agree with that completely.

Yet here we with our two main parties and our media(under instruction clearly) attacking Sinn Fein while the other two get away Scott free.

If we’re going to do it to one we need to do it to all three.
    Far more lives have been destroyed under our two main parties watch by an order of magnitude than the troubles and all that came with it. And it’s continuing as we speak. Look at the repossessions and children’s health and development being completely warped by living in a hotel for example.
    This is under FFFGs watch and they’re directly responsible for it. We can mourn 3000+ fatalities but they’re gone.
    Over 10,000 actual peoples lives are being ruined right now. They’re alive. Yet nothing being done

• Registered Users Posts: 21,095 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Yet here we with our two main parties and our media(under instruction clearly) attacking Sinn Fein while the other two get away Scott free.

If we’re going to do it to one we need to do it to all three.
    Far more lives have been destroyed under our two main parties watch by an order of magnitude than the troubles and all that came with it. And it’s continuing as we speak. Look at the repossessions and children’s health and development being completely warped by living in a hotel for example.
    This is under FFFGs watch and they’re directly responsible for it. We can mourn 3000+ fatalities but they’re gone.
    Over 10,000 actual peoples lives are being ruined right now. They’re alive. Yet nothing being done

This is why Sinn Fein in power would be dangerous to free speech. They spread their conspiracy theories among their supports to turn them against the media.

It is their second form of attack to fend off any bad news. The first is to dig up events from the past to divert attention from the current topic. Including the false assertions that those events were not covered by the media when they were newsworthy.

Sinn Fein are not the answer to any of our problems. Unless their TD's turn out to be a lot more useful than their MP's and MLA's. The MLA's are in power but have failed to tackle the much worse problems in the North.

The conspiracy theory forum is over there.

absolute twaddle

• Registered Users Posts: 21,095 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

The conspiracy theory forum is over there.

absolute twaddle

What did you mean by "under instruction clearly"?

What did you mean by "under instruction clearly"?

I was out of the country so didn’t see it but I think Bowie(?) posted about the three pieces attacking SF on the front of the indo? On the same day
    They’re not allowed on RTÉ you don’t remember them being forced to allow MLM on the debate?
    Policy in montrose on radio particularly is to stick the boot into them whenever possible. Irish times also have an ongoing almost unhealthy mission to take them down whenever possible. Foto their last inside politics podcast for a good example.

The poster above is suggesting SF are somehow planting conspiracy theories in the media about FFFG when in fact the opposite is clearly the case to anyone with eyes and half a Brain.
    And the finnerbots on here can be spotted miiiiiiiiles away as evidenced in this and several other threads.

Would you ever

i'm not sure what point you'retrying to make here, I was born in 1975, so I am not sure what you wanted me to do about the catholic church &/or government at the time?
    I pointed out that society has changed & thankfully I don't believe that anything like that would happen again, people would not allow it.

the government have apologised to the victims of abuse. I remember Bertie did it when FF were in power & Enda did it when FG were in power.

I don't think anyone in the country looks back with pride on the way children & women were treated in this country.

however, society turning a blind eye to the atrocities carried out by the church cannot & should not be anyway comparable to Sinn fein & the IRA.
    That's fairly disgusting
    & 3000 dead? yes, there are. There are also thousands more living with the consequences of what happened in the troubles.
    please don't try to equate these two

bubblypop wrote: »
    i'm not sure what point you'retrying to make here, I was born in 1975, so I am not sure what you wanted me to do about the catholic church &/or government at the time?
    I pointed out that society has changed & thankfully I don't believe that anything like that would happen again, people would not allow it.

the government have apologised to the victims of abuse. I remember Bertie did it when FF were in power & Enda did it when FG were in power.

I don't think anyone in the country looks back with pride on the way children & women were treated in this country.

however, society turning a blind eye to the atrocities carried out by the church cannot & should not be anyway comparable to Sinn fein & the IRA.
    That's fairly disgusting
    & 3000 dead? yes, there are. There are also thousands more living with the consequences of what happened in the troubles.
    please don't try to equate these two

People would not allow it?
    We stood quietly by and continue to as the crimes of the church go unanswered.

BUT SINN FEIN!!!

You’re right. They kind of aren’t comparable. SF have a political aim. One actually enshrined in our constitution.
    Fine Gael and fianna failure have a century old policy of turning a blind eye to endless crimes committed under their watch. And continue to with regards to the past and the present.

Just ask Catherine Corless how her name has been dragged through the mud for trying to expose the truth.

798 babies bodies dumped in a septic tank. And that’s just the one home we know of ffs. There were hundreds more homes.

Tell me again which will be more damaging to the people of this state?

Yeah but Sinn Fein!!

Cop on

People would not allow it?
    We stood quietly by and continue to as the crimes of the church go unanswered.

BUT SINN FEIN!!!

You’re right. They kind of aren’t comparable. SF have a political aim. One actually enshrined in our constitution.
    Fine Gael and fianna failure have a century old policy of turning a blind eye to endless crimes committed under their watch. And continue to with regards to the past and the present.

Just ask Catherine Corless how her name has been dragged through the mud for trying to expose the truth.

798 babies bodies dumped in a septic tank. And that’s just the one home we know of ffs. There were hundreds more homes.

Tell me again which will be more damaging to the people of this state?

Yeah but Sinn Fein!!

Cop on

What's this constitutional right you speak of, and hundreds more homes?

Just today. And just when you think we’ve scraped all the way through the bottom of the barrel when it comes to ways to come at SF

https://twitter.com/indosport/status/1236382118583959558?s=21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I never get one from blanch. You get over it! ;)

You have, think it was in GAA forum though.

blanch152 wrote: »

Is it true that if I stand in front of a mirror at midnight and say Sinn Fein three times you’ll appear behind me?
    Or is it a boards myth?

Is it true that if I stand in front of a mirror at midnight and say Sinn Fein three times you’ll appear behind me?
    Or is it a boards myth?

No no, that'd be the Army council.

blanch152 wrote: »

As rare as the Dubs beating Monaghan in the league!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭mattser

As rare as the Dubs beating Monaghan in the league!

Kids football. Ye have never had the joy of seeing your county's captain lift Sam.
    I have. Many times. Until ye have the experience, zip it.

mattser wrote: »
    Kids football. Ye have never had the joy of seeing your county's captain lift Sam.
    I have. Many times. Until ye have the experience, zip it.

We have to let you win something. Wouldn't want to waste all that money! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭mattser

We have to let you win something. Wouldn't want to waste all that money! ;)

I hope ye don't think I'm a Dub ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Just heard Mary Lou on the sean O'Rourke show ruling out a national govt as hinted at by Jim O'Callaghan. Looks like she feels more comfortable not having to take tough decisions and wants to remain in opposition.

Just heard Mary Lou on the sean O'Rourke show ruling out a national govt as hinted at by Jim O'Callaghan. Looks like she feels more comfortable not having to take tough decisions and wants to remain in opposition.

or maybe she - like MM - doesnt want a national government?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Perhaps she's trying to force a second general election.

Wonder if Leo will get invited to the televised leaders debates if there's another one :D

Advertisement