Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardaí: Provo Army Council oversees PIRA & SF

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Just heard Mary Lou on the sean O'Rourke show Looks like she feels more comfortable not having to take tough decisions .

Sure it would be the army council making the decisions for her.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

Just heard Mary Lou on the sean O'Rourke show ruling out a national govt as hinted at by Jim O'Callaghan. Looks like she feels more comfortable not having to take tough decisions and wants to remain in opposition.

We heard very different interviews.
    She ightly called out Varadkar for his utter inaction on this and he hasn’t even replied to her request for a meeting of leaders to form a strategy. He’s nowhere to be seen and he’s been a GP ffs

But you’ll hear what you want to demonize her and protect precious Leo no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Runaways wrote: »
    We heard very different interviews.
    She ightly called out Varadkar for his utter inaction on this and he hasn’t even replied to her request for a meeting of leaders to form a strategy. He’s nowhere to be seen and he’s been a GP ffs

But you’ll hear what you want to demonize her and protect precious Leo no doubt.

What has Mary-Lou to contribute to any conversation about the virus?

blanch152 wrote: »
    What has Mary-Lou to contribute to any conversation about the virus?

Jaysis you never miss a chance do you?

Jaysis you never miss a chance do you?

Simple question to you who raised the issue that she is calling out Leo for his inaction. If she has all the bright ideas, what are they?

Haven't heard a peep from her since there were hard decisions to be taken, until after the decisions are taken.

We all know that whether there is 1, 100, or 100,000 deaths from the corona virus, it will all be Leo's fault in the eyes of Mary-Lou and her supporters on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

McMurphy wrote: »
    Perhaps she's trying to force a second general election.

Wonder if Leo will get invited to the televised leaders debates if there's another one :D

In the middle of the corona virus outbreak?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Simple question to you who raised the issue that she is calling out Leo for his inaction. If she has all the bright ideas, what are they?

Haven't heard a peep from her since there were hard decisions to be taken, until after the decisions are taken.

We all know that whether there is 1, 100, or 100,000 deaths from the corona virus, it will all be Leo's fault in the eyes of Mary-Lou and her supporters on here.

I heard her on the radio earlier calling for the Paddy's Day parades to be deferred (like the black and tans commemoration)
    In the middle of the corona virus outbreak?

Yeah, why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

I heard her on the radio earlier calling for the Paddy's Day parades to be deferred (like the black and tans commemoration)

Yeah, why not?

She was speaking after the decision had already been made...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

She was speaking after the decision had already been made...

Course she was - that's why they were reporting on it and making it newsworthy FFS, would you ever get up the yard.

Course she was - that's why they were reporting on it and making it newsworthy FFS, would you ever get up the yard.

Ah....yes....she...was. Just look at the timeline....

• Advertisement

Well we beat the north to it ;) any cancelled up there as yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

bubblypop wrote: »
    Isn't it good that things are different & society has changed?
    I don't know about you, but thankfully most of that was before my time.
    I don't believe society would stand for that kind if thing now, do you?

Do you think scaremongering and sticking it to SF despite the GFA to try keep FF/FG in power is responsible behaviour?

Bowie wrote: »
    Do you think scaremongering and sticking it to SF despite the GFA to try keep FF/FG in power is responsible behaviour?

Every political party are scrutinised.
    Which is only right, don't you agree? It wouldn't be right to ignore something newsworthy with regard to Sinn Fein, just because of the GFA, would it?

Do you really think people are anti Sinn Fein, just to keep FF or FG in power?
    I would suggest they just want to keep Sinn Fein out.

And there we are.

Government with SF could impede fight against Covid-19 - Varadkar

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/government-with-sf-could-impede-fight-against-covid-19-varadkar-39027374.html

Ah....yes....she...was. Just look at the timeline....

That’s complete bollux she’s been saying all week the parades need cancelling and a meeting of all party leaders needs to be held to form a strategy and shed written and texted Varadkar with no response. Up as far as 7 days ago in fact. We spoke about it only a few pages back given it was so strange RTE were even having her on.

Nice try with the rewriting though.

And there we are.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/government-with-sf-could-impede-fight-against-covid-19-varadkar-39027374.html

You could organise a few protest marches, if MaryLou wasn't so against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭maccored

And there we are.

... and i thought the barrel had already be thoroughly scraped yet Varadkar's still at it. He must be employed as a SF PR person

You could organise a few protest marches, if MaryLou wasn't so against them.

Any previous marches were less than 1k people so there should be no problem holding them

maccored wrote: »
    ... and i thought the barrel had already be thoroughly scraped yet Varadkar's still at it. He must be employed as a SF PR person

Tbf i assume that article is satire

That’s complete bollux she’s been saying all week the parades need cancelling and a meeting of all party leaders needs to be held to form a strategy and shed written and texted Varadkar with no response. Up as far as 7 days ago in fact. We spoke about it only a few pages back given it was so strange RTE were even having her on.

Nice try with the rewriting though.

And yet Sinn Fein had it within their power to cancel the Belfast parade and they didn't.

All talk, that's what she is.

• Advertisement

And yet Sinn Fein had it within their power to cancel the Belfast parade and they didn't.

All talk, that's what she is.

I know this is a difficult time for you....but lying deosnt help you one bit

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/belfast-news/belfast-st-patricks-day-parade-17894150.amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/belfast-news/belfast-st-patricks-day-parade-17894150.amp

They took a lead from FG on it apparently as it was cancelled after the parades cancellations here.
    https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus/coronavirus-belfast-st-patricks-day-events-called-off-as-dublin-cancels-parade-39030981.html

They cancelled it last night........after the decision was made in Dublin.........and Mary-Lou is claiming she was calling for this for a week........yet she did nothing until the big boys in Dublin showed her what to do........that says it all.

I wonder if the lead on the St Patrick's day trips could be coming from the North though.
    I see ONeill and Foster have cancelled their American trips.

They cancelled it last night........after the decision was made in Dublin.........and Mary-Lou is claiming she was calling for this for a week........yet she did nothing until the big boys in Dublin showed her what to do........that says it all.

Thats just critism for sake of it surely??

The council meeting was last night,cant been done beforehand??

Curious to see the pup and uup express opposition to it

Thats just critism for sake of it surely??

The council meeting was last night,cant been done beforehand??

Curious to see the pup and uup express opposition to it

Hang on, you guys were criticising Leo and co for not leading on it, yet in the North, it could be left to the local council???? If Leo had said that, he would be lambasted.

Hang on, you guys were criticising Leo and co for not leading on it, yet in the North, it could be left to the local council???? If Leo had said that, he would be lambasted.

Hang on a min.....ive said nothing about leo and co...so park your critism and placing blame on me...

If you cant hack being pulled up on critism for no reason other than something to critise people about,grow up.and examine your posting style....stop throwing false accusations at other posters

Waterford co.council.cancelled the dungarvan parades before government annouced suspension on parades,so to say local councils cant act is misleading

Hang on a min.....ive said nothing about leo and co...so park your critism and placing blame on me...

If you cant hack being pulled up on critism for no reason other than something to critise people about,grow up.and examine your posting style....stop throwing false accusations at other posters

Waterford co.council.cancelled the dungarvan parades before government annouced suspension on parades,so to say local councils cant act is misleading

By that logic, it means that we are still waiting to hear guidance on parades from the SF government in Northern Ireland.

My criticism is of the Mary-Lou types running around in panic asking that somebody else do something, when all along the power to change things and set an example was in the hands of the SF government in the North who did nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

SF is still banging around rent free in the heads of FGers FFers, Greens past and present etc etc.

Every criticism has to be seen through a prism of what SF are doing or have done.

FG in caretaker government are more or less paralysed by it...having to stoop to politicising Corvid 19.

• Advertisement

By that logic, it means that we are still waiting to hear guidance on parades from the SF government in Northern Ireland.

My criticism is of the Mary-Lou types running around in panic asking that somebody else do something, when all along the power to change things and set an example was in the hands of the SF government in the North who did nothing.

Mate they literally banned it last night??

Now personally i think banning of orange parades should come from within unionism for rather obvious reasons?

Advertisement