Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So I moved my retro gaming business to Ireland!

• 21-02-2020 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hello everyone, I'm matt from VideoGamePerfection.com, I moved over here last March from the United Kingdom (or as I often call it now, the divided kingdom) and bought my business with me. I'm based in Carlow, mainly because houses in Dublin were too expensive :)

We sell stuff for retro mostly, but I play all formats retro and modern, when I have time.

Everyone in Ireland has been great and I think looking at recent events we definitely made the right decision!

So yeah, pleased to meet you all.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Hi Matt, welcome to the emerald isle. :D

I saw you mentioned on the MLiG vids a few times. What did you think of the recent Analogue Frontiers video they did? I was surprised they didn't mention fellow UK man mmmmonkey. Ive been following his rgb/regionfree/60hz console mod tutorials for 20 years.

That reminds me I have to pick up another ossc!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 BuckoA51

Hi, thank you :)

I do enjoy all of the MLiG videos, it's true they didn't mention a lot of the European folks in the latest video but with them being based in the USA I think it's easier and cheaper for them to focus on folks over there. Mmmonkey has done some great work though, it would be interesting to hear from him.

and cool if you need another OSSC they ship from Ireland now so should reach you quickly :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Welcome. Very cool about the OSSC shipping form here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,204 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Welcome to Ireland, no excuse for me not to buy an OSSC now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Welcome :)
    ...OSSC, might yea have any insight/timeline for when the OSSC Pro might be avaiable?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Welcome to Ireland and this vibrant oasis of Arcade and Retrogaming here on Boards
    Hope the business goes from strength to strength from your new base of operations.

We're hoping to launch OSSC PRo this year but you know how these things can all too often be delayed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mod comment: it probably doesn't need to be said, but any advertising of a business will have to be down through the official channels here on Boards.
    However, there is no problem with this kind of news and Information.
    Great to hear that Ireland is a base of operations for companies making innovative solutions to retrogaming problems!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Welcome to ireland and to the forum :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

The very best of luck with the venture and great to have you on the forum.

I’ll be in touch about a project that I’m interested in. Hopefully you may be able to assist or know someone who could

• Advertisement

Many thanks everyone!

Sparks - Of course, drop me a message via the boards or my website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

I bought my OSSC from you before you moved here. It's one of my prized possessions since my wife makes me keep the CRT in the shed and it's cold out there.

So, welcome to Ireland. Carlow's lovely tbh, I'd move there if I didn't work for "the man".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Welcome to Ireland - I just ordered an OSSC from your site. Good to have a number of very competent retrogaming outlets and sites around!

Very many thanks for the warm welcomes from everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,204 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Something I never noticed on Videogameperfection - they do repairs!

I was looking for a spot to see if someone could fix my AES and that was the first link to come up :D

Not trying to shill or anything, just a heads up for anyone with broken items seeing as they're located in Ireland now.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Something I never noticed on Videogameperfection - they do repairs!

I was looking for a spot to see if someone could fix my AES and that was the first link to come up :D

Not trying to shill or anything, just a heads up for anyone with broken items seeing as they're located in Ireland now.

We've a thread for that, they should probably pop a link in there, if they are offering repairs.
    If it's going to look like a store-front they will have to go the business route, but if it's a just a link I see nothing wrong with it

OK I should point out actually all our repairs are done in Greece, that's where my friend decided to go post Brexit since he had family there.

If you can get your console to me in Carlow though I can usually send it on to Greece a lot more economically as I'm always shipping stuff there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Hey Matt - just noticed your post now for some reason !
    Welcome!!! (I'm already a customer :D)

Advertisement