Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Special offers Cheltenham.

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Ladbrokes bet €5 get €20 (new customers only but I made my boyfriends)

Betvictor bet €10 get €40 (same again)

After getting €60 worth of free bets today for the sake of €15 quid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭pugw

Question lads
    When does Best Odds Guaranteed kick in from? I’m doing most of my betting the night before due to work, didn’t get the better price on a horse yesterday .. was told BOG only applies to bets placed from 8am the day if the race. Is this the same with all bookies?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Croll

pugw wrote: »
    Question lads
    When does Best Odds Guaranteed kick in from? I’m doing most of my betting the night before due to work, didn’t get the better price on a horse yesterday .. was told BOG only applies to bets placed from 8am the day if the race. Is this the same with all bookies?

Depends on bookies, skybet is 12am day of race, betfair 8am day of race, bet365 is for all times i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭pugw

Croll wrote: »
    Depends on bookies, skybet is 12am day of race, betfair 8am day of race, bet365 is for all times i think

Powers changed around this time last year and hills etc followed suit! I see in the other threads they applying Rule 4s to nrnb bets. They are really becoming incredibly miserable as their market share has increased with the acquisitions!

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Ladbrokes bet €5 get €20 (new customers only but I made my boyfriends)

Betvictor bet €10 get €40 (same again)

After getting €60 worth of free bets today for the sake of €15 quid!

Cheers Dart , managed to click a few quid of these free bets. 888 sport have one aswell deposit 5 get 3×10 bets. Any other good offers floating around? William hills have a deposit 10 get 40 but dont think I can get this am an existing customer. Anyways around this ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Just a minor analysis of the doubles and trebles being offered by the bookies the last few weeks. I have highlight the losers in bold.

Ladbrokes Champ, Appreciate IT altior/champ
    Betfair Shiskin,Envoy Allen, Appreciate It BDD, Tiger, A Plus Tard
    Bet 365 BDD, Envoi Allen,Tiger,Paisley Park
    Skybet Shiskin, Al Boom Photo Appreciate It, A Plus Tard
    Boylesports Shiskin/Notebook Champ/Appreciate IT Envoi Allen/Goshen
    Paddy BDD, Tiger,AplusTard Appreciate IT/Altior/ Paisley Park. BDD/Envoi/Notebook Notebook/Champ/Tiger

Please believe me when I say that as a punter you need to avoid offers from bookies. Especially enhanced doubles and trebles.

If you like backing doubles and trebles do them for your own benefit based on what you fancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Stablelad123

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Just a minor analysis of the doubles and trebles being offered by the bookies the last few weeks. I have highlight the losers in bold.

Paddy BDD, Tiger,AplusTard Appreciate IT/Altior/ Paisley Park. BDD/Envoi/Notebook Notebook/Champ/Tiger

Please believe me when I say that as a punter you need to avoid offers from bookies. Especially enhanced doubles and trebles.

If you like backing doubles and trebles do them for your own benefit based on what you fancy.

You must be cleaning up at Cheltenham taking all that mug money. Well done to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

That's all very fine but what were the odds of the bets?
    They all seem like 20/1 shots or bigger? How many people here have backed 20/1 shots over the 2 days that have come in? Not very many I'd imagine.
    I hear what you are saying they are most likely taking said horses on. But if you fancy them and the price is right then go for it.

Don't generally do these myself but not afraid to if I think the price is wrong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

BoldReason wrote: »
    That's all very fine but what were the odds of the bets?
    They all seem like 20/1 shots or bigger? How many people here have backed 20/1 shots over the 2 days that have come in? Not very many I'd imagine.
    I hear what you are saying they are most likely taking said horses on. But if you fancy them and the price is right then go for it.

Don't generally do these myself but not afraid to if I think the price is wrong.

For me it just shows how accurate the bookies are when it comes to suggesting doubles and trebles to their mugs. I think there must be scope to profit as a layer on the information they are getting alone. I fail to see how you could be out of profit from laying horses included in their suggestions.

A punter once told me that 2 out of every 3 odds on shots lose. I have never properly researched this, but I have seen enough odds on shots beaten to agree.

I would rather do my own doubles picking my own horsies. At least I get the benefit of doing my own selecting.

rekluse wrote: »
    Cheers Dart , managed to click a few quid of these free bets. 888 sport have one aswell deposit 5 get 3×10 bets. Any other good offers floating around? William hills have a deposit 10 get 40 but dont think I can get this am an existing customer. Anyways around this ?

I know some might give out but I created an account in my boyfriend and mams name (with her permission lol!)

Despite all being at same address all fine!..

As I already have existing accounts with all bookies online.

888 get 40 bet €10
    Bet Victor bet €10 get €30

Ladbrokes bet €5 get €20.

Happy days.. Think there's some more actually Quinn bet get a no.deposit €10 free bet once you verify identity (ask person for id to upload if they are happy to)

Theres loads more just type into Google cheltenham bet 5/10 offers

• Advertisement

rekluse wrote: »

Deffo recommend opening an account in a family members name if they allow you to. Works a charm.

Yes I know that may be the 'wrong thing' to do lol but at the end of the day the bookies are out to get us too!!

For me it just shows how accurate the bookies are when it comes to suggesting doubles and trebles to their mugs. I think there must be scope to profit as a layer on the information they are getting alone. I fail to see how you could be out of profit from laying horses included in their suggestions.

A punter once told me that 2 out of every 3 odds on shots lose. I have never properly researched this, but I have seen enough odds on shots beaten to agree.

I would rather do my own doubles picking my own horsies. At least I get the benefit of doing my own selecting.

Thats a pretty simplistic way of looking at things if you ask me.
    The fact of the matter is it is hard for anyone to pick 2 or 3 or 4 winners in a day. If it is value it is value. I don't think anyone is doing these bets if they don't believe there is some value there?

I think it is incorrect and misleading to say that all of these bets are muggish some or -EV for the bookies to get people signed up. Each bet should be examined on its merits imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Grueller Baby

Paddy offering a free €5 bet on the champion chase to existing customer, log in and there should be a banner to claim.

EDIT: I've had a mare, it was the stayers hurdle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Paddy offering a free €5 bet on the champion chase to existing customer, log in and there should be a banner to claim.

Champion chase was today tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Dr. Bre wrote: »

is it not available for the stayers hurdle tomorrow?

maybe only selected customers

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Grueller Baby

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Happy4all wrote: »
    is it not available for the stayers hurdle tomorrow?

maybe only selected customers

Apologies lads, I meant the stayers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,947 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

EDIT: I've had a mare, it was the stayers hurdle.

Win or EW only. Can't back W/O FAV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Does anyone know how to get the free bet Betfair were offering on first race. Logged in and I still haven't received this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

The €5 matched bet on offer from Lads & PP each day is a no brainer.

• Advertisement

hawaii501 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to get the free bet Betfair were offering on first race. Logged in and I still haven't received this?

That is an exchange offer I believe and if you are on the basic rewards plan(the best one with 2% commission fwiw) then it doesn't apply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Free bet if 2/3/4 on opening race tomorrow with paddy

Advertisement