Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feb 29th - Snowfall/Wintry Conditions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Rx713B wrote: »
    Will we see anything in Dublin

I think Dublin might be fortunate and miss out on snow. Hopefully that is the case. however I'd expect the Dublin mountain will get some snowfall...

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭YanSno

Another one to watch on Saturday. Subject to change, this would bring a good few hours of heavy snow across the country . Let's see how this pans out.
    UIFiorq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Snowing in Galway city at the moment, very surprising considering it just lashed rain for the last half an hour. Very sudden changeover.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Snowing in Galway city at the moment, very surprising considering it just lashed rain for the last half an hour. Very sudden changeover.

Very lightly raining further inland in the country. Not a hint of snow.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭kittyn

DellyBelly wrote: »
    I think Dublin might be fortunate and miss out on snow. Hopefully that is the case. however I'd expect the Dublin mountain will get some snowfall...

What makes you think that DellyBelly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Dirty horrible wet snow N Tipp, can't make up its mind if it's rain or snow

Temp 1.8 Dew 0.8

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭YanSno

Dublin will see snow at some stage during today and tomorrow. Showers will penetrate through no problem. Accumulation could be minimal, basically a now cast situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,755 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

lastsnowradar_uk.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

YanSno wrote: »
    Another one to watch on Saturday. Subject to change, this would bring a good few hours of heavy snow across the country . Let's see how this pans out.
    UIFiorq.jpg

Yeah thats been on the cards from the models for a good week now. Always looked the best chance to me but the uppers were higher than you'd need (but the direction of flow and thickness really good). Uppers seem to be a bit lower now so I agree this looks a possibility.

We'll hopefully be sick of snow come Sunday (no chance, on several levels!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭highdef

Heavy snow can be seen on a Tiii traffic cam on the N52 Fivealley, Offaly. Complete coverage on the road. ASL is only about 60m so good sign for all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

highdef wrote: »
    Heavy snow can be seen on a Tiii traffic cam on the N52 Fivealley, Offaly. Complete coverage on the road. ASL is only about 60m so good sign for all.

Indeed

1-EEBE6-CF-FFCF-4-EDC-8-A8-A-51-A580-D73494.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,755 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The snow level will continue to fall through the afternoon and evening. If you have not seen snow yet it won't be too much longer.

Snowing in Galway city again, quite heavy this time.

Gets lighter once I posted!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Snowing fairly heavily in SW Laois, starting to settle. Will most likely melt quickly once this shower passes through.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Not a lot happening in Craughwell East Galway yet. We always seem to be out of the sweet spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭bennyineire

sFPTyTn

Heavy just outside Tullamore at the moment and sticking

davidsr20 wrote: »
    Not a lot happening in Craughwell East Galway yet. We always seem to be out of the sweet spot.

Early days yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,832 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I see from the Met Eireann web cams snow is beginning to settle in a few places. I thought we'd have to wait till evening and night time for that
    to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

YanSno wrote: »
    Dublin will see snow at some stage during today and tomorrow. Showers will penetrate through no problem. Accumulation could be minimal, basically a now cast situation.

Think it will only be on higher grounds. I think low lying areas in Dublin should be lucky and miss out on any significant snowfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭pauldry

Raining here still

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 lexi-lexi

Sun shining here and blue skies just outside Gorey co Wexford

No real change yet in dew points, still too high. Gurteen the only place showing what you need to see, has a temp of 0.2c and a DP of -0.4 as at 11am.

See below. If you go to this page on meteociel ( http://www.meteociel.fr/observations-meteo/point-de-rosee.php?region=uk ) you can drill into each station by clicking on it.

pointrosee_uk.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

DellyBelly wrote: »
    Think it will only be on higher grounds. I think low lying areas in Dublin should be lucky and miss out on any significant snowfall.

Based on what data?

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Looks as though the sky is about to open up here in D17 and got very cold

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Snowing very heavy here in SW Donegal, never seen flakes as big!

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

Just started to snow here in Newbridge. Starting to get heavy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Looks like Dublin, Wicklow mountains about to get nice coating in next hour

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

The Curragh

DD48-E7-C8-FFC1-44-BB-B46-C-CBE585-A0-F4-B0.jpg

Dew points beginning to drop. Shannon, Cork and Kerry airports all now with DPs of 0c. Temps in Shannon still 5c, Cork is still 3c. That 0c DP and 3c temp combo in Cork is still too high. Need them to sum to less than 1c I think (as well as many other factors). That said I note the next incoming shower to Cork on the netweather radar is a bit pinker than previous ones.

Getting there hopefully.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

Coming down real heavy here in Newbridge. Struggling to stick though

Advertisement