Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feb 29th - Snowfall/Wintry Conditions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭gastons

Recent snowfall East Longford

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭pauldry

Melting

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

pauldry wrote: »
    Melting

97-C27213-0891-4-C37-8680-EF4-CCBD10-FF1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭YanSno

It will start off as rain at 1500h around Dublin then transition to snow from 1600 till about 1800 then back to rain after that due to the warm core. Blizzard conditions except during those 2 hours with gusts reaching up to 120kmph, accumulation will be temporary. Very interesting afternoon for the dubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

15 mins of snowfall accompanied by a nice wind, first time I ever got a feel for Antarctica with it cutting the face off me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

anim_woj4.gif

anim_wyw5.gif

anim_spg6.gif

During Sunday afternoon and evening rain will sweep across the country from the west turning to snow as it encounters cold embedded air across Connaught, Ulster and north Leinster. There is broad agreement across all the models regarding risk.

The snow across north Leinster and south Connaught is likely to be short lived and turn back to rain reasonably quickly but across Ulster and north Connaught some disruptive falls should be expected. Any where between 5 and 15 cms to low levels.

Ah gee whiz I just looked at the OP without looking at the dates and got super excited, darn it!

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

Ah gee whiz I just looked at the OP without looking at the dates and got super excited, darn it!

? there's another event today, look back 2-3 pages

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

TTLF wrote: »
    ? there's another event today, look back 2-3 pages

Is it going to be as good though?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

No snow here in Dunshaughlin, County Meath.
    Hopefully there will be some later. I picked the
    Wrong weekend to be away!

I was expecting something interesting this morning, sunny and a bit of a breeze here but that's it. Looks like a mix of sleety rain with maybe a hint of snow on the way but it won't be much.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭bazlers

So no snow unless your in an elevated area?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

The approaching weather front is now visible looking west from Arklow

In the Sun the dp is sub zero but the air temp is 6.2c
    Wet bulb 2.9c

Those will drop but expecting a sleety mix here with eventual white out on the hills
    Because the hills are due west of Arklow and the wind will be very strong, that snow in wet shape may make it down to the town at times
    The hills due west will temper the wind speed
    https://twitter.com/Arklowweather/status/1233728617865269249?s=19

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

bazlers wrote: »
    So no snow unless your in an elevated area?

there might be flakes but unlikely any snow will stick for any amount of time below 300 meters. A sleety mixture is probably what most of us will see.

netweather is showing mostly rain and sleet with snow confined to the peaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭YanSno

Front approaching from the west. 1300h dew point right side of marginal along the East.
    YtuXXSD.jpg

rain just starting here in Dunshaughlin, but I'm about to head to Wicklow, hopefully will see a few flakes on my way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Fairly coming down in cavan for the past 30 mins (was light for the last hour and a half) but starting to stick a little

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Another pic..still hammering down!

starting to sleet in Dublin, very light right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭King of Spades

Huge wet snow flakes blowing in a very gusty wind in Tara, Meath. Nothing sticking yet.

Huge wet snow flakes blowing in a very gusty wind in Tara, Meath. Nothing sticking yet.

how many M elevation?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭King of Spades

TTLF wrote: »
    how many M elevation?

About 150 meters. More rain than snow already though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,753 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Gonzo wrote: »
    rain just starting here in Dunshaughlin, but I'm about to head to Wicklow, hopefully will see a few flakes on my way.

That's cheating :P

CHEAT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

It's been alternating between sleet and wet snow for the past couple of hours, ground sodden, cold wind. North Offaly.

Sporadic rain and sleet in north Dub atm.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Snowing in Dublin 16....but....up near the Hell Fire Club (that's where I am atm).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Just rain in D14 so far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭snowgal

Srainowing in Trim!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Snowing in Dublin 16....but....up near the Hell Fire Club (that's where I am atm).

The storm Jorge thread descended into chaos while you were gallivanting up a hill :P

Increasingly sleet in north Dub

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

pad199207 wrote: »
    The storm Jorge thread descended into chaos while you were gallivanting up a hill :P

:P

Will be back in an hour!

Heavy snow but not sticking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭lolie

Snowing very heavy here now, was sleet earlier but full on wet snow now.
    Sticking on grass and roofs.
    S cavan

IMG-20200229-144658.jpg

Edit: eased of, whatever stuck is thawing now.
    Temp 0.9c

Advertisement