Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing Nth American bike. CoC required?

Options
  • 22-02-2020 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭

In the case of importing a bike registered in Canada or USA do the NCT bods request a Cert. of Conformacy?
    In particular a European or Japanese brand. Maybe that would attract less scrutiny than a US-made brand.

Anyone have experience of a US import - Harley or Jap or European? Did you have to chase down a CoC from a dealer? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,319 ✭✭✭✭blade1

In the case of importing a bike registered in Canada or USA do the NCT bods request a Cert. of Conformacy?
    In particular a European or Japanese brand. Maybe that would attract less scrutiny than a US-made brand.

Anyone have experience of a US import - Harley or Jap or European? Did you have to chase down a CoC from a dealer? Thanks.

One came with a Belgian bike I got last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Hillybilly4

VRTd an American import Kawasaki yesterday - no CoC asked for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Thanks, that's encouraging.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

I hope it's something special or has sentimental value, otherwise I can't see it being worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Esel

colm_c wrote: »
    I hope it's something special or has sentimental value, otherwise I can't see it being worth it.
    Like a low-miles, VGC, older bike for instance? Load of them over there - time-warp stuff!

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
Advertisement