Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incorrect details with employer.

Options
  • 22-02-2020 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I’ve started a new job and when giving my BOI details to the employer, I think the wrong digits may have been given. The business is also with BOI, so does BOI match account numbers with account names when processing payments? Additionally, are there any checksum digits within BOI bank account numbers to prevent my wages being paid to a total stranger?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi Qrt,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

To ensure a transfer is made to the correct bank account it would be necessary for the exact and correct IBAN to be used. In this instance, it would be best to get in touch with your employer and give the the correct IBAN as soon as possible so there is no confusion with the transfer.

If the incorrect IBAN is given and does not exist, the funds will automatically bounce back in to the senders account.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, Aisling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭Qrt

Hi Qrt,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

To ensure a transfer is made to the correct bank account it would be necessary for the exact and correct IBAN to be used. In this instance, it would be best to get in touch with your employer and give the the correct IBAN as soon as possible so there is no confusion with the transfer.

If the incorrect IBAN is given and does not exist, the funds will automatically bounce back in to the senders account.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, Aisling.

Thanks, and what if the incorrect IBAN happens to be someone else’s active account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi Qrt,

Thanks for getting back to us this morning. 

If this IBAN happened to be for another customer's account, it would be best to advise your employer of this so they can request a recall of this transfer. 

Generally, if the IBAN is incorrect, the funds should return to the sending account in 5 working days.

Many thanks,
    Richard

Advertisement