Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smile direct NBC news

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Unfortunately the law in Ireland regarding dentistry is very outdated. Despite a new dental act being tabled for 20 years we are still operating on 1980's legislation. The law has not caught up with the technology. Thanks for posting this.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭bureau2009

I hope the dental profession, relevant professional bodies and the Dental Council will speak out strongly about this "service".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

bureau2009 wrote: »
    I hope the dental profession, relevant professional bodies and the Dental Council will speak out strongly about this "service".

Whenever we do, we are accused of protecting our market rather than our patients!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭bureau2009

Whenever we do, we are accused of protecting our market rather than our patients!:confused:
    Sadly that may be the case.

But I am so appalled by this offering of DIY "orthodontics" that I hope as much information as possible gets out to an unsuspecting public.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

bureau2009 wrote: »
    Sadly that may be the case.

But I am so appalled by this offering of DIY "orthodontics" that I hope as much information as possible gets out to an unsuspecting public.

There's plenty of crap out there and glossy marketing and advertising will win over the target market everytime. Why would you spend thousands on x when you can have y for €99/month....!

Here's another one....
    http://www.snaponsmile.com/

IMO influencers & bloggers have a lot to answer for here..... They get it for free or get paid to say that it's awesome....

I personally know of two cases where a patient had good treatment in one good reputable clinic and later got paid to shill another clinic and say that their treatment was theirs.....:confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement