Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin 7 bin bag collection providers?

Options
  • 22-02-2020 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Are there currently any convenient providers for bin bag collection in Phibsborough?
    I found
    -- Greyhound, but all the shops on their list of supposed providers I tried so far said they don't have their bags anymore, Does anyone have recent experience actually getting their bags?
    -- EcoWay, the scoundrels, just "suspended collection" of the pre-paid bags (as in: took your money, won't provide the service though).
    Any other options you're aware of?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 pow_pow

The bags for Greyhound are a bit of a nightmare. The list of retailers on their website is not up to date, whatsover, and the shops that do supply them are regularly out of stock.

The two places we go are the little newsagents beside Dealz in the village and also the big Spar on Bolton Street. Apart from those two I don't know of anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jonSub0

As it turns out, I could have also ordered the greyhound bags online, the process is not very intuitive though:
    1. Get an account there (if you don't have one yet)
    2. Log in to your account and "top up" the required amount (as of Feb 2020 that is 10.95 for 6 recycling, 9.00 for 3 general waste bags).
    3. Either give them a call or use their live chat (pops up in the right bottom as soon as you go on their website) to have them send you the bags.
    I just did that, fingers crossed I have a few bags in my mail 3-5 days from now.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 pow_pow

Do you have to chat with them? Can you not just order online and have them posted out to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Greyhound are a complete f*cking joke

I had to switch back to them in the new year as the provider I was using stopped collections in my area. First week back using them my recycling bag wasn't collected. It's happened twice more since then. Left a bag out this moring for collection today and expect it'll be still there when I get home this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jonSub0

Yeah, Greyhound are pretty bad; exhibit A: you can not just order on their website, because, as far as I can tell, there is no order form, no online shop, no nothing. You have to use the chat or call. Hence I said that the process in "not intuitive."

Sadly it seems that they are currently the only choice for bag collection in D7, unless there's another provider that is so bad that I can't even find them in a Google search :-D

The good news is though that the bags did show up yesterday and one actually was collected today :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭tropple

ECOWAY still seem to be operating - bags are being collected and still being sold in shops. Called them, and apparently the only change is they no longer sell them online

Advertisement