Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tagliatelle with sausage and pesto

Options
  • 22-02-2020 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am a pretty basic cook. For some reason, I fancy this for dinner - have the ingredients in the fridge (photo below) but just noticed the pesto says "do not heat"

Propose to fry the sausages first. Once they're done, will quickly cook the tagliatelle, drain the water off and add the pesto and sausage. How do I get the pesto to a decent temperature without destroying it?

Any other suggestions for how to cook it appreciated. Thanks.

87526472_10163240861245089_8923176556126273536_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ohc=6Tyghy4PVfsAX-POFfe&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-2.fna&oh=a905e6bed1b9a7a317dfa2891fe720fd&oe=5EFC1122

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

If you add the pesto immediately after draining it and adding the sausage, the heat from the pasta will warm it up sufficiently, it doesn't need cooking per se. If it was me I'd either cook the sausages normally and then cut them up into 1cm chunks, or squeeze out the sausage meat, and form into little sausage meat meatballs before frying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Great - thanks very much Alun - sounds good. Will have the sausages cooked normally and then chopped up

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Also if you drain the pasta and pop it back into the pan off the heat, there'll be some residual heat left in the pan which will also warm everything up nicely.

Advertisement