Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roaming in EU with gomo

Options
  • 22-02-2020 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Away for a week in Lanzarote with 2 phones on gomo.
    Tried web chat and contact us with gomo once I had WiFi
    They kept asking to do the same things over and over again. Had to begin at the start all the time and kept going around in circles.
    Each time I'm being asked to check settings, manually select operators, apn settings, turning off for 5mins, location resetting turning off for 15mins, etc....
    Never had any issues before while travelling and was with 3 mobile. Thought travelling to EU countries should be a lot easier than this.

Been here now for 6 days and still not sorted, very disappointed with them.
    Anyone else got the same or similar issues?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

No issue roaming in canaries recently with gomo though I would loose data and have to restart phone but it did work. Ping tines were very high though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭Murt10

I had pure murder with Virgin last year in the UK and Spain. No data. Not much use when your using it for google maps. Avoid at all costs, and by God it cost me.

Now back with Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

Recent experience in Germany on Tesco PAYG. Automatic network selection was to O2.de. This gave me data but no voice, make or receive.
    Staying clear of Customer Care, I sorted it, eventually by manually selecting the Telekom.de network. Problem started on arrival at Frankfurt Hahn airport and remained until 24 hours later I was able to fix it in Frankfurt city. This was a first for me as have previously used Tesco without a problem in Spain and Germany.

EDIT: I'm on old Tesco €15 Value Plan, I topped up before I left just to get get 10,000 minutes ( had zero minutes balance ) just to check if mobile calls to German mobile numbers were free and they were::Was delyra

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭rock22

Travelled Germany , Czech R, Austria and Hungary last week without any problems with GoMo. A greetings message every time I crossed borders and everything worked fine. However I am not a big user and may not of noticed temporary dropouts.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

In Lanzarote in January on Gomo. No problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Eamon2020

Thanks for all the replies. Looks like it may have been isolated for us. Although my wife did get 4g for the last 2-3 days (dropping out at times but restart got working again), never got the issue resolved.
    My problem now is do I stay with them and risk no data service next time I travel?
    Very difficult to find out why, and the chat service is very limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Family member in Barcelona at moment and no data she has an iphone 11 seems to be connected to orange she is tethered to a friend's phone he is on 3 any ideas?

Advertisement