Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comfortable shoes

• 22-02-2020 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭

Looking for comfortable shoes as Im on my feet a lot at work.

What brands are well known for comfort? Skechers? Ecco?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭cromelex

Rockport are extremely comfortable, even the dress shoes. And this goes for every model.

You can have classic looking shoes that perfectly match a suit and still be extremely comfortable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

S.G.M. wrote: »
    Looking for comfortable shoes as Im on my feet a lot at work.

What brands are well known for comfort? Skechers? Ecco?

Thanks
    I'd recommend Clarks for durability and quality, along with a pair of insoles for the sake of your feet & back

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Clarks all day long - go for the Goretex ones for winter time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭S.G.M.

Thanks folks. Much appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭deandean

Ecco recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

I find Clark's fit me best and most comfortable, himself on the other hand will only wear ECCO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,420 ✭✭✭blackbox

I find Dubarry deck shoes unbeatable for comfort, but the look might be too casual for some jobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭S.G.M.

Thanks folks, I'll check out those brands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

ECCO shoes are unbelievably comfortable. I've tried Clarks but they just didn't suit me.

I recently bought my first pair of Skechers. They're for knocking around the house - theres no support in them. No way could I spend a day on my feet in them. They'd be half the price of the Clarks or ECCO but would only last half the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Ecco brand the only ones I wear. Extremely comfortable and long lasting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

What kind of work? If it's warehouse (out of the public's gaze) kinda work, then I recommend Magnum Panthers. Seen quite a few bouncers wearing them and figured given that they are on their feet a lot they must be quite a decent boot when it comes to comfort and they are just that. Side zips also and so no lacing/unlacing them.

Advertisement