Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Sat / Saorview - Recording

• 22-02-2020 10:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭

Looking for a decent option to replace Sky HD, that will allow me record both SaorView and also Free to Air channells from Sat Dish

I have read the Humax is a good solution, what do you advise?

tks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭decor58

tech wrote: »
    Looking for a decent option to replace Sky HD, that will allow me record both SaorView and also Free to Air channells from Sat Dish

I have read the Humax is a good solution, what do you advise?

tks
    I have been using a Humax for a few years now and can't complain but it won't record Saorview. A work around might be to add a HDD to you tv if it has a record facility but some tv's won't allow you change source while recording. Another issue then might be 2 remotes, I have a Sony TV and the Humax will operate the TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

A decent enigma2 receiver would be a good option.

I use Edison OS mini with two integrated satellite tuners and a USB tuner for Saorview.

2tb hard drive connected to it and works the finest. Series link etc isn't as straight forward as sky but it's not difficult either

Full epg on both satellite and terrestrial.

You can customise channel list any way you like etc

Advertisement