Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Also interesting that Germany, US and the UK have taken a different approach than most other countries around them so far. They probably know that panic could have a much greater long term impact than the virus itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

juno10353 wrote: »
    KWe have all walked into martial law without a whimper. We are even brainwashed and fearful enough to be asking our government to shut down pubs, restaurants, cinemas etc. No one mixing. Zombie apocalypse

https://twitter.com/privowen/status/1238916943802961920

Off to Templebar with you, then

• Registered Users Posts: 25,518 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

The auld dub

No way T.P Smith would allow anyone to set limited numbers in his bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Its not meant to be a personal attack,but you either are unhappy and venting or just lacking self awareness to double down on it with more of the same.
    Again, more personal attacks.
    Point 1:"the situation is very complex with many complicated factors playing into it" translates pretty clearly as its too complex for us so we should just" trust the experts".

Point 2:"you might not having all the expertise and knowledge to understand those factors completely" again that translates pretty clearly as we don't know so"trust the experts".
    Well no, those mean separate things. Neither mean that you should trust any one.
    I honestly don't understand why you are jumping to that conclusion.

Either way, both points remain facts.
    Are you saying that the situation isn't complex and doesn't have any complicated factors?
    Are you saying that you know everything about about a situation like this and that there aren't any parts you don't understand?
    Do you not understand that for the conspiracy thread to exist some people have to not trust the experts and through experience in life some people have good reason to not just blindly trust people when they say its too complex for you,trust the experts.

Your point is just the same point dressed differently,that is the only point you have had in this whole thread.You could have just said it once and be done.
    I have to repeat my point because often it's ignored or dodged or in this case, misunderstood and misrepresented.
    If you guys just addressed things directly then I wouldn't have to keep repeating points.

But it's weird that you say that conspiracy theorists don't trust experts, yet there's been many examples here of conspiracy theorists pointing to experts when it suits them. Often they are using their authority or claimed expertise as proof of their claims. And often this experts are clearly charlatans.
    We were being told to believe those experts without question and people got very testy when we didn't...

And now we have adrenochrome. Onwards and upwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

Ipso wrote: »
    And now we have adrenochrome. Onwards and upwards.

Is adrenachrome a possible treatment for Covid-19?

Emme wrote: »
    Is adrenachrome a possible treatment for Covid-19?

It appears in conspiracy theories as a drug used by d’elites, harvested from kidnapped and tortured children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

The shutdown seems half hearted at best for me,they still got the horse-racing going on pubs and bookies open.Its almost like Leo and Simon wanna still enjoy themselves in the pubs while this is going on,like they really know its not serious at all.If it was a total shutdown for a couple weeks i might have had more belief in it being a genuine attempt to halt the virus and of it actually working.

The "experts" are shutting down our schools,Britains experts think different,whos right?Somebody has to be wrong.

The infection will transform the world we know today.  Economic activity is now in free fall in Europe and US (" sorry had to use the word again)  And there is only one way to bring things back to normal, the world needs a reliable drug that fights the disease and works!

If it takes chemists a year or more, we ****ed. By the next two weeks I speculate the United States will assert martial law and impose quarantines on the big cities like New York. They're possibly be a run on the banks and US military on the streets in the US limiting movements of people. The people in government who conceived the Patriot act- This is there wet dream! They always craved a fascism controlled government inside the United States.  

Ireland will be in lockdown soon. Every country in Europe heading that way

Saw a chart on the main covid thread that showed everyone that is dying in Italy so far from it is basically over the age of 60. I know we need to panic but why is there not more been made of those stats.

The virus has three stages, cold flu, and pneumonia. Even young people got the three stages. The health system will be overwhelmed when more people in each country get it. The lockdown is the only way to stop the spread in the community. When your parents and grandparents are dying people will have different outlook about the lockdown measures imposed! Right now the virus making its way out to other communities across Ireland. I agree with the lockdowns.

In country like United States a lockdown could end there democracy. Time will tell.

ichyhoop wrote: »
    Check out the theories about the Elite/celebrities going missing since the Covid-19 outbreak, the link between Wuhan and production of synthetic Adrenochrome.
    Would be wild if they are true, i really hope they are, would be the biggest event in century's

We all in the same boat now. They're no billionaires on this forum? I would not be surprised to find out elites have already moved their families to their underground rented shelters to stay there for a while. It's only a matter of time before cities inside the United States undergo lockdown measures. Movement will be restricted in and out of each state.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

ichyhoop wrote: »
    Check out the theories about the Elite/celebrities going missing since the Covid-19 outbreak, the link between Wuhan and production of synthetic Adrenochrome.
    Would be wild if they are true, i really hope they are, would be the biggest event in century's

I don't believe it at all but it would be wild if it were true, this whole thing anyway should be the end of q anon. As they believe this is the big moment, the 'storm' has arrived as they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,899 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

this whole thing anyway should be the end of q anon. As they believe this is the big moment, the 'storm' has arrived as they say.

When this passes, they'll make the usual excuses and start harping on about the next "big one". It's a neverending cycle of doomsday fantasies for people who are into that.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    When this passes, they'll make the usual excuses and start harping on about the next "big one". It's a neverending cycle of doomsday fantasies for people who are into that.

Q prediction was Trump would drain the swamp in Washington and would get rid of the deep state. Has the movement changed to predicting the end of the world now?
    Trump is the deep state. Pompeo is the deep state, his former head of the CIA. Trump cabinet is the deep state. Q followers must be brainwashed to believe Trump would ever side with them when the **** hits the fan. 

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Q prediction was Trump would drain the swamp in Washington and would get rid of the deep state.  

In fairness thats not it at all, its much more far reaching and complicated than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭str8talkingguy

King Mob wrote: »
    Again, more personal attacks.

Well no, those mean separate things. Neither mean that you should trust any one.
    I honestly don't understand why you are jumping to that conclusion.

Either way, both points remain facts.
    Are you saying that the situation isn't complex and doesn't have any complicated factors?
    Are you saying that you know everything about about a situation like this and that there aren't any parts you don't understand?

I have to repeat my point because often it's ignored or dodged or in this case, misunderstood and misrepresented.
    If you guys just addressed things directly then I wouldn't have to keep repeating points.

But it's weird that you say that conspiracy theorists don't trust experts, yet there's been many examples here of conspiracy theorists pointing to experts when it suits them. Often they are using their authority or claimed expertise as proof of their claims. And often this experts are clearly charlatans.
    We were being told to believe those experts without question and people got very testy when we didn't...

So i worded it incorrectly.Conspiracy theorists don't trust the establishment experts,who are bankrolled by the people they don't trust and just saying trust the establishment in a myriad of different ways is pointless.

Its already established some people don't trust the people in power and anybody on their payroll.Simon Harris as proved by the Smear test scandal is clearly for sale to the highest bidder and hasn't the slightest of concerns if people die on his watch,and have.He is already responsible for a number of women dying on his watch,does he care? does he ****.

So i worded it incorrectly.Conspiracy theorists don't trust the establishment experts,who are bankrolled by the people they don't trust and just saying trust the establishment in a myriad of different ways is pointless.
    But again, as I have said several times, that's not my point.

Is the answer yes or no to these questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

The coronavirus coming to Ireland is gods anger at us for voting Fr Ray off dancing with the stars last wknd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Lonesomerhodes

"Quarrantine" Chinese style.

Boarding people into their homes to starve to death.
    Dragging people off to dentention camps oops quarrantine zones.
    Blocking doors
    Welding doors shut to trap people inside and die.
    The "hospitals" are little more than death camps.
    Once you test positive for Corona in China and go into one of these hellholes very high chance you will never be heard from again.
    No one bats an eyelid.
    Media doesnt report it. Shameful

All in this video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5q6G5ge4AjY

• Registered Users Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

"Quarrantine" Chinese style.

Boarding people into their homes to starve to death.
    Dragging people off to dentention camps oops quarrantine zones.
    Blocking doors
    Welding doors shut to trap people inside and die.
    The "hospitals" are little more than death camps.
    Once you test positive for Corona in China and go into one of these hellholes very high chance you will never be heard from again.
    No one bats an eyelid.
    Media doesnt report it. Shameful

All in this video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5q6G5ge4AjY

No one bats an eyelid . This a pun?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I presume I am late in saying that it is a Pension fund conspiracy to eliminate elderly people who are costing poorly elasticated pension funds billions?

• Advertisement

Q prediction was Trump would drain the swamp in Washington and would get rid of the deep state. Has the movement changed to predicting the end of the world now?
    Trump is the deep state. Pompeo is the deep state, his former head of the CIA. Trump cabinet is the deep state. Q followers must be brainwashed to believe Trump would ever side with them when the **** hits the fan. 

No it wasn’t. It was every bullsh1t Ct rolled into one, and if you didn’t like Trump you’re a paedophille.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Lonesomerhodes

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I presume I am late in saying that it is a Pension fund conspiracy to eliminate elderly people who are costing poorly elasticated pension funds billions?

Kill of the Chinese and Elderly no ones care about them is their philosophy.Well they dont care of anyone but they dont like the elderly no money to be made there and the Chinese always being experimented on

Journalists who expose the doors being welded shut in China disappear on the fae of the Earth.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Iwpr55PZEJ8

King Mob wrote: »
    But again, as I have said several times, that's not my point.

Is the answer yes or no to these questions?

You keep saying the same point,its too complex for us the common man,trust the establishment experts for this reason.I did not claim to know everything about this just as these people don't know everything either.

But some of us don't trust these people telling us its too complex for us and i pointed out examples that prove these people have not the best interests of the populace at heart and are guided by money and personal gain.

So we have to search around for our own answers because these people are very clearly not looking out for the common man.

Seriously have you got any other point other than its a complex situation?

Seriously have you got any other point other than its a complex situation?
    Yes I do, but you keep avoiding a very simple pair of questions.
    You keep trying to twist my position rather than address these questions directly and clearly. That isn't a very honest thing to do.

So please answer with direct clear responses:

If the answer is no to those questions, is it possible those are the reasons things about the crisis don't make sense to you personally?

Yes or no will do.

Conspiracy theorists don't trust the establishment experts,who are bankrolled by the people they don't trust and just saying trust the establishment in a myriad of different ways is pointless.

Not sure what an "establishment expert" is

A qualified expert in a field is an expert, and a body of experts agreeing on something represents a consensus

Trying to link expert views as part of a larger "nefarious" establishment without any basis is often done by individuals who have a blind (and irrational) distrust of authority

But some of us don't trust these people telling us its too complex for us and i pointed out examples that prove these people have not the best interests of the populace at heart and are guided by money and personal gain.

Which people are you referring to?

Any expert who doesn't support a conspiracy theory.

Any expert who does support a conspiracy theory is an unquestionable genius. Even if it's obvious they don't have the best interests of the populace at heart and are guided by money and personal gain.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Mod

King Mob, nobody here knows everything about Coronavirus and the whole situation. It is constantly evolving, on an hourly basis.

Please drop the constant questioning of others if they are experts.

You know, they know & everyone does that they are not.

There is no right answer in discussing all the 'What If's & Maybes

You are a regular in these parts & should know that.

A qualified expert in a field is an expert, and a body of experts agreeing on something represents a consensus

Trying to link expert views as part of a larger "nefarious" establishment without any basis is often done by individuals who have a blind (and irrational) distrust of authority

So the British body of experts reached a consensus,completely at odds with our experts consensus,how did that happen?since they are all experts right who reached a consensus.

• Advertisement

So the British body of experts reached a consensus,completely at odds with our experts consensus,how did that happen?since they are all experts rights who reached a consensus.

Sorry I'm not following every post in this thread, what exactly was the difference?

If you are referring to decision-making, countries are making different decisions on how to deal with this, they've also been changing their approaches. The situation is fluid and dynamic so that happens.

Advertisement