Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,428 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I don't want to explain anything to you... sorry, I am exercising my civil liberty.

Do you think I am going to recite legislation to you ? While you sit back and annihilate every concept?

Get your own details please. Don't be so lazy, it gets boring after a while.

you're the one making wild claims not us.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭paddythere

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Are you claiming that all politicians are being systematically bribed? okay, by who for what exactly? (no vague details, or isolated cases please)
    1.) Its a little more intricate than than pure bribery.

2.) Large corporations. (who will benefit hugely from this virus as smaller competitors will be wiped out)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

I don't want to explain anything to you... sorry, I am exercising my civil liberty.

Do you think I am going to recite legislation to you ? While you sit back and annihilate every concept?

So you don't have any details? grand thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 25,550 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

So you cant explain what liberties will be affected? Well I for one am not surprised at all

• Registered Users Posts: 17,977 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

paddythere wrote: »
    1.) Its a little more intricate than than pure bribery.

Interesting, so explain it with details.
    2.) Large corporations. (who will benefit hugely from this virus as smaller competitors will be wiped out)

Okay, so you have widespread evidence for this or it's purely appeal to motive fallacy?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

you're the one making wild claims not us.

I know, you are like the government... they offer nothing and take everything.

Who is us btw ?

Are you part of a group of posters by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭paddythere

Interesting, so explain it with details.

Okay, so you have widespread evidence for this or it's purely appeal to motive fallacy?
    You don't think Large corporations have any influence over politics? Is it really necessary for me to cite some of the endless examples

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

It will allow them to increase their frontline delivery, increase Garda numbers and hospital workers and civil defence. That mightn't be a bad thing either.

You do realise that people have been pleading for these things to happen for years?

There was nothing standing in the way except money. There was certainly no need to engineer some diabolical plan to sneak these measures in behind peoples backs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Lonesomerhodes

So you cant explain what liberties will be affected? Well I for one am not surprised at all

That fact you are STRONGLY suggested to be incarcerated in your home and can be kidnapped at will due to new fascist, woops Covid legislation tells you everything.

Your main civil liberty is freedom (what little of it we have) and that can be taken away willy nilly now.

Here's actual wording from it

The emergency legislation also contains powers to detain those suspected of being infected with Covid-19.

Under the government’s emergency measures, if a medical officer believes “in good faith” that a person is a potential source of Covid-19 or that the person is a potential risk to public health and refuses or is unlikely to self-isolate, then the medical officer can order their detention and enforce isolation.

Medical officers can order a person’s detention in a specified hospital or another place until the medical officers decide the person’s detention to self-isolate is no longer required.

Go on tell us how wonderful it is for people to be dragged away due to a runny nose or something else equally trivial.

How can you have liberties if they can be taken away?.

I know, you are like the government... they offer nothing and take everything.

Who is us btw ?

Are you part of a group of posters by any chance?

Us is the group of posters who think you are talking rubbish. as per.

• Advertisement

You do realise that people have been pleading for these things to happen for years?

There was nothing standing in the way except money. There was certainly no need to engineer some diabolical plan to sneak these measures in behind peoples backs!

I don't think anyone involved in the Irish Government has one iota of the conspiracy they are involved in. They are just doing what their advisers tell them at this stage.

The virus is completely political now.

The loss of civil liberties does not concern the conspirators, they are only interested in wealth maximisation and control over the global economy. They assimilate governments' to facilitate their agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,977 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

That fact you are STRONGLY suggested to be incarcerated in your home and can be kidnapped at will due to new fascist, woops Covid legislation tells you everything.

Question:

If there were confirmed cases of Covid19 at your job and your boss told you to go home, would your boss be doing so for fascist reasons or common sense reasons?

Likewise, if your doctor suggested you stay at home, are they doing so to usher in some sort of neo-fascist state or for common sense reasons?

Us is the group of posters who think you are talking rubbish. as per.

How can you personally speak for other posters?

I am confused, are you trying to bully my opinion?

Why would you do that?

Stating that you are part of a larger group is extremely discriminatory, why are you doing that?

How can you personally speak for other posters?

I am confused, are you trying to bully my opinion?

Why would you do that?

Stating that you are part of a larger group is extremely discriminatory, why are you doing that?

Bullying you? LOL.

Bullying you? LOL.

Do you find bullying funny?

Do you find bullying funny?

I find the suggestion that people saying that you post nonsense constitutes bullying to be very funny. Spare us the act.

help-help-im-being-repressed.jpg

EyesClosed wrote: »
    So you don't have any details? grand thanks

Outdoor festivals and large gatherings have been banned.

You can't even go for a pint.

Do you understand how a virus works??

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/corona-simulator/

I am assuming you will think this link is part of the problem....but it uses logic, reason and yes scientific data.....SCARY STUFF

I can.

I find the suggestion that people saying that you post nonsense constitutes bullying to be very funny. Spare us the act.

No I cannot agree if I am honest.

The tone of your posts seem very sinister.

Who is this us you are referring to?

Who are these people you are taking about?

You are either imagining that you are part of a collective or you aren't. Which are you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Lonesomerhodes

Question:

If there were confirmed cases of Covid19 at your job and your boss told you to go home, would your boss be doing so for fascist reasons or common sense reasons?

Likewise, if your doctor suggested you stay at home, are they doing so to usher in some sort of neo-fascist state or for common sense reasons?

You can only cross a bridge when you come to it so I don't know. I'd imagine I'd go home, can't hold a gun to my bosses head to stay in now can I?. , could happen doing nothing here anyway to be frank.

I never said anything about Doctors advising you to stay home I said people suspected of having it with no test being done being forced into quarantine, completely and totally different thing.

Do you understand how a virus works??

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/corona-simulator/

I am assuming you will think this link is part of the problem....but it uses logic, reason and yes scientific data.....SCARY STUFF

The Washington Post is a liberal rag... it means nothing.

I never said anything about Doctors advising you to stay home I said people suspected of having it with no test being done being forced into quarantine, completely and totally different thing.

Who has been forced into quarantine??? nobody that's who.

No I cannot agree if I am honest.

The tone of your posts seem very sinister.

Who is this us you are referring to?

Who are these people you are taking about?

You are either imagining that you are part of a collective or you aren't. Which are you?

I'm not part of any collective. But you cannot deny that there a couple of posters here who think you are posting nonsense. And describing my posts as sinister is just lunacy.

The Washington Post is a liberal rag... it means nothing.

FFS, Typical of conspiracy nuts to dispel a scientific article because they don't like the source reporting it. They usually then go on to post a random youtube video of some unknown neckbeard telling us he has "seen proof" of < insert conspiracy> and expect us to believe that source.

I'm not part of any collective. But you cannot deny that there a couple of posters here who think you are posting nonsense. And describing my posts as sinister is just lunacy.

I think he is posting nonsense......that makes two of US!!!!!

I think he is posting nonsense......that makes two of US!!!!!

Ah damn, do I have to pay club fees? Do I get a badge or at least access to the secret handshake?

Who has been forced into quarantine??? nobody that's who.

I have.

I don't agree with you.

I think you are biased.

• Advertisement

I have.

Can you leave your house right now? Is there a guard at your door stopping you from going outside?

Advertisement