Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Shouldn’t the elites know what was going on without having to be told be the US government?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Yeah, some do, not all. Many expressed concern over Corona from the start. They aren't some homogenous group of robotic people you can "classify" to fit your views.

Some of them are shiatty, some of them are fairly principled (Sanders). It's a whole spectrum of people.

True, but the majority are like that. Why do you think the official media in US disliked Sanders so much? He harm the elites if he was in office. Even the democratic party saw him as a guy who would harm them and potentially stop the flush fund giveaways.

Just announced. Sounds like a complete lockdown of New York business?

https://twitter.com/NYGovCuomo/status/1241024005299109889

I thought you said it was locked down already.

Ipso wrote: »
    I thought you said it was locked down already.

I said by Friday there be slow rollout lockdown in New York ( shelter in place). I think the military will be in full control of New York in and out about three to four weeks.

What Coumo just announced is lot faster then what i thought would happen. If there closing 100 percent of business across New York state, that a compete shutdown like you saw in that Wuhan city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

I said by Friday there be slow rollout lockdown in New York ( shelter in place). I think the military will be in full control of New York in and out about three to four weeks.

What Coumo just announced is lot faster then what i thought would happen. If there closing 100 percent of business across New York state, that a compete shutdown like you saw in that Wuhan city.

There are full lockdowns in place in Europe. Certain retail and businesses are remaining open. Will likely be the same in parts of the US depending on the amount of cases.

There are full lockdowns in place in Europe. Certain retail and businesses are remaining open. Will likely be the same in parts of the US depending on the amount of cases.

Extraordinary move to lock down a major hub of the world, don’t you not think? Just shops that sell food just remain open potentially? 

We definitely there now, so we all see what's takes place inside that city over the next few weeks ( hopefully not months of chaos)

Lets hope the US government not reckless and communities remain protected. There bound to be lot of characters who will get angry the longer the lockdown remains in place and may start rioting. Then we see what the response is by the police and military!  I hope it ends up the other way around soon and a virus cure found. 

9/11 is nothing compared to the panic we see now. 

Some scenes already panic free at this stage.

https://twitter.com/JLaytonTV/status/1241017911633944577

Extraordinary move to lock down a major hub of the world, don’t you not think? Just shops that sell food just remain open potentially? 

Not surprising considering the circumstances - and also the lessons from Italy which just recorded 627 deaths today

All of this will have a huge economic effect of course

I saw this on the other thread, on current affairs forum. The last line :D:D

https://twitter.com/davidmcw/status/1241026133879128066

• Advertisement

You can almost feel the glee jumping out of the screen, thinking a measure to contain a deadly virus is the implementation of a constant moving target of a conspiracy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭str8talkingguy

There is viruses every year they need to mutate to survive people pass them to each other and older and sicker people catch them and for some its fatal,when you get old enough it usually will be a virus that finishes you off if you have not a terminal illness.

It has always been like this we are just being made hyper aware of it now,and it will be impossible to row back on this social distancing,its a sad day for society.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

There is viruses every year they need to mutate to survive people pass them to each other and older and sicker people catch them and for some its fatal,when you get old enough it usually will be a virus that finishes you off if you have not a terminal illness.

It has always been like this we are just being made hyper aware of it now,and it will be impossible to row back on this social distancing,its a sad day for society.

And this one is closing down countries? Mass job losses. ?Economic downturn?
    Your comparisons are severely flawed I think

If we get through this intact it will be a good trial/test run for a more severe pandemic. Luckily for us, Corona doesn't have a higher fatality rate (although it's still 10 times higher than seasonal flu). It should help prepare the world for when there is a more severe pandemic like Spanish flu (which killed 10's of millions)

Social distancing is fine of course, the big issue will be the economic fallout.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,619 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Ireland is the last place that would get martial law . We have no discipline here

Credit to Morrisseeee on another forum posting this video

I watched it and some of the facts correlate with what i have seen online. He put together a convincing case a flu like disease got leaked from Fort Dettrick facility in Maryland in summer of 2019. I would have to fact check every claim on this video for every timeline event, but the theory interesting.

National guard/ army on the street in New York.

506366.png

I would put it past the deep state to leak a virus. Or it leaked by mistake and knowing what was going to happen around the world placed the virus in China so they get the blame from the world. For me that video is convincing a flu like virus emerged in Virginia in 2019.

I would put it past the deep state to leak a virus. Or it leaked by mistake and knowing what was going to happen around the world placed the virus in China so they get the blame from the world. For me that video is convincing a flu like virus emerged in Virginia in 2019.

And now it's irrevocably set in your mind.

And now it's irrevocably set in your mind.

It's a theory. Can of course be wrong.

There was a high surge of old people getting the flu in states near Virginia, based on his timeline. Health officials will need to reexamine them to check for the virus. CDC would have just listed them as dying from the flu, and not checked. Can stop blaming America if tests were done on those victims.

• Advertisement

Dohnjoe It very suspicious when the flu surge was happening, The CDC ordered this faciliity to stop what its doing and close. That strikes me they saw something that had them worried?

Steve F wrote: »
    And this one is closing down countries? Mass job losses. ?Economic downturn?
    Your comparisons are severely flawed I think

It isn't the flu that's closing down businesses and wrecking livelihoods,its governments doing that.

The knock on effect here is more transfer of wealth from small businesses to big businesses,Lidl and Aldi certainly aren't complaining either are most of the tech companies.

Fort Detrick was investigating Sars- Coronavirus diseases
    A surge in flu deaths was reported in states around Virginia- summer 2019
    The CDC orders a Defence Department bio- lab which studies infectious diseases to cease operations in Aug 2019.
    Why did the CDC think was so important to close down this facility?
    Then we have breakout of covid 19- Nov and Dec China.
    Rest you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,405 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It isn't the flu that's closing down businesses and wrecking livelihoods,its governments doing that.

The knock on effect here is more transfer of wealth from small businesses to big businesses,Lidl and Aldi certainly aren't complaining either are most of the tech companies.

you mean big businesses like airlines that are now on the verge of collapse?

If we get through this intact it will be a good trial/test run for a more severe pandemic. Luckily for us, Corona doesn't have a higher fatality rate (although it's still 10 times higher than seasonal flu). It should help prepare the world for when there is a more severe pandemic like Spanish flu (which killed 10's of millions)

Social distancing is fine of course, the big issue will be the economic fallout.

Doesn't make us more prepared,avoidance and insulation makes us weaker when the next one come you got to face these viruses and build an immunity to them running scared isn't good for us as a species.

you mean big businesses like airlines that are now on the verge of collapse?

I would say Greta and her upper class Extinction Rebellion crew coincidentally must be pretty delighted right now all the same.

It very weird that breakout in Wuhan there also a bio-4 lab there studying diseases. That's some coincidence, there is a mystery virus linked to bio labs in different countries.

I would say Greta and her upper class Extinction Rebellion crew coincidentally must be pretty delighted right now all the same.

pretty irrelevant. Your theory is nonsense. Large multinationals are just at risk as small companies if this persists.

Doesn't make us more prepared,avoidance and insulation makes us weaker when the next one come you got to face these viruses and build an immunity to them running scared isn't good for us as a species.

building an immunity to this virus will be of no use when the next virus comes around. Why do you think they have to produce a new flu vaccine every year?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

It is a very fair point. I do think however that as a human race we are very prepared, the death rate is current circa 3-4% for infected persons. Given the death toll of 11,000 it is fair to say that human immune systems collectively are robust. The global population is 8 billion or so, 11,000 is small beans all things considered.

I would be more concerned about human reliance on anti biotics to tackle infections. It has been muted by the medical profession for some time that this has the potential to cause issues in the future as bacteria and virus become more potent and learn to adapt against antibiotics.

Once the dust settles and the hysteria calms down people should really examine how they are allowing media to influence their decision making so easily. The entire episode has been almost Orwellian.

Advertisement