Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭str8talkingguy

pretty irrelevant. Your theory is nonsense. Large multinationals are just at risk as small companies if this persists.

Somebody is always making money,Doctors and the science community are all over the tv they are are doing pretty well off this,we gotta get jobs for these graduates that spent years at college and nowhere to use their knowledge to pad their wallets,now is their time.
    building an immunity to this virus will be of no use when the next virus comes around. Why do you think they have to produce a new flu vaccine every year?

To make money first and foremost as with most things the pharma industry does.If you believe big pharma cares about you and me then you are probably on the wrong thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭str8talkingguy

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    It is a very fair point. I do think however that as a human race we are very prepared, the death rate is current circa 3-4% for infected persons. Given the death toll of 11,000 it is fair to say that human immune systems collectively are robust. The global population is 8 billion or so, 11,000 is small beans all things considered.

I would be more concerned about human reliance on anti biotics to tackle infections. It has been muted by the medical profession for some time that this has the potential to cause issues in the future as bacteria and virus become more potent and learn to adapt against antibiotics.

Once the dust settles and the hysteria calms down people should really examine how they are allowing media to influence their decision making so easily. The entire episode has been almost Orwellian.

I would question the 3-4 percent because the stronger people physically will just get on with things when they catch the flu,and there will be a lot of these people.

So its unlikely they will ever present for testing,and the death rate is going to be higher within the weaker people,skewing the figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

It isn't the flu that's closing down businesses and wrecking livelihoods,its governments doing that.

It's the virus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

I would question the 3-4 percent because the stronger people physically will just get on with things when they catch the flu,and there will be a lot of these people.

So its unlikely they will ever present for testing,and the death rate is going to be higher within the weaker people,skewing the figures.

Italy has about 5 to 6 percent death peak.  Many of the people recovered have long-term lung damage.  Figures are low, but what happens if a million people get it? Italy health system has broken down in the north of the country. 40,000 thousand cases only so far!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I am not overly concerned in debating the stats. I think my main point is that the virus is not as deadly as we are being led to believe. Albeit, it is a killer.

The figures from Italy are distressing if I am being honest. I also find the collapse in trends from China too good to be true. At this point I would be placing most credence on the European statistics.

Allover however I think the 3-4 % death rate might be high, but in all reality it is simply too early to properly tell. But I am generally cynical about the general perception of the virus as extolled by mainstream media.

Pubs are still open in Germany for example.

• Advertisement

I am not overly concerned in debating the stats. I think my main point is that the virus is not as deadly as we are being led to believe. Albeit, it is a killer.

The figures from Italy are distressing if I am being honest. I also find the collapse in trends from China too good to be true. At this point I would be placing most credence on the European statistics.

Allover however I think the 3-4 % death rate might be high, but in all reality it is simply too early to properly tell. But I am generally cynical about the general perception of the virus as extolled by mainstream media.

Pubs are still open in Germany for example.

Germany had 3000 new cases last night, and they probably hiding the real figures to protect their economy.

Some good news. The timeline bad news.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/20/who-officials-say-at-least-20-coronavirus-vaccines-are-in-development-in-global-race-for-cure.html?__source=twitter%7Cmain

Germany had 3000 new cases last night, and they probably hiding the real figures to protect their economy.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/20/who-officials-say-at-least-20-coronavirus-vaccines-are-in-development-in-global-race-for-cure.html?__source=twitter%7Cmain

I also have read that in Germany they are not listing the cause of death as Corona unless the departed have not had any underlying conditions. So for example if you are an asthmatic who has died of pneumonia as a result of contracting the virus they are stating that you are an asthmatic who has died of pneumonia.

I would not however be overly cynical of the German health system or their data collection methods. If anything the Germans are overly honest and transparent by nature. Don't confuse this with compassion or anything, but they are systematically honest. I doubt they are hiding anything, not in their nature.

I also have read that in Germany they are not listing the cause of death as Corona unless the departed have not had any underlying conditions. So for example if you are an asthmatic who has died of pneumonia as a result of contracting the virus they are stating that you are an asthmatic who has died of pneumonia.

I would not however be overly cynical of the German health system or their data collection methods. If anything the Germans are overly honest and transparent by nature. Don't confuse this with compassion or anything, but they are systematically honest. I doubt they are hiding anything, not in their nature.

Does the first paragraph not prove my point? 

• Registered Users Posts: 40,405 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It is a very fair point. I do think however that as a human race we are very prepared, the death rate is current circa 3-4% for infected persons. Given the death toll of 11,000 it is fair to say that human immune systems collectively are robust. The global population is 8 billion or so, 11,000 is small beans all things considered.

I would be more concerned about human reliance on anti biotics to tackle infections. It has been muted by the medical profession for some time that this has the potential to cause issues in the future as bacteria and virus become more potent and learn to adapt against antibiotics.

Once the dust settles and the hysteria calms down people should really examine how they are allowing media to influence their decision making so easily. The entire episode has been almost Orwellian.

antibiotics have no effect on viruses

• Advertisement

Somebody is always making money,Doctors and the science community are all over the tv they are are doing pretty well off this,

I hadn't realised doctors had received a massive pay rise thanks to the pandemic. they will be thrilled to hear this.
    we gotta get jobs for these graduates that spent years at college and nowhere to use their knowledge to pad their wallets,now is their time.
    I'd forgotten about the hordes of medical and virology graduates just sitting around waiting for work.
    To make money first and foremost as with most things the pharma industry does.If you believe big pharma cares about you and me then you are probably on the wrong thread.

not related to anything i posted or even to anything you posted.

Does the first paragraph not prove my point? 

Agreed, but I don't think there is anything sinister about their motives for this. Germany is systematic, they do everything correctly. You will find that in 2 months when the AOK( German Health System) has correctly documented Covid 19 they will adjust the figures. They don't mess around like that, they are strict as phuck, a spade is a spade. There will be a fundamental reason underlying why they are collating their data in this way long term. It could be as simple a reason as that their health authority has not acquiesced exactly what the virus is or something similar. But they are not playing funky numbers, they don't do like that over there.

I lived in Germany over 25 years ago. I recently got some dental work done in Dublin. My dentist was able to contact the German health system who had a record of my dental treatments while living there 25 years ago. Germans are mad for stats. The details of my root canal treatment were on a central database in Germany, 25 year old dental records. A PDF of the xray was sent over.

antibiotics have no effect on viruses

Prove it.

We living in the twilight zone.

Trump just called the state department the deep state department

Look on the doctor's face :D

Agreed, but I don't think there is anything sinister about their motives for this. Germany is systematic, they do everything correctly. You will find that in 2 months when the AOK( German Health System) has correctly documented Covid 19 they will adjust the figures. They don't mess around like that, they are strict as phuck, a spade is a spade. There will be a fundamental reason underlying why they are collating their data in this way long term. It could be as simple a reason as that their health authority has not acquiesced exactly what the virus is or something similar. But they are not playing funky numbers, they don't do like that over there.

I lived in Germany over 25 years ago. I recently got some dental work done in Dublin. My dentist was able to contact the German health system who had a record of my dental treatments while living there 25 years ago. Germans are mad for stats. The details of my root canal treatment were on a central database in Germany, 25 year old dental records. A PDF of the xray was sent over.

Germany reported 3000 new cases last night. Maybe they're adjusting their figures now?  We know if the virus curve drops suddenly in the next few days. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

It's very difficult what to believe any more.

https://www.listennotes.com/podcasts/london-real/david-icke-the-truth-behind-euPLNKCYAXk/

David Icke gave his opinions on what he thinks is going on with the Coronavirus with London Real earlier this week and I think it's worth a listen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭timhenn

Did it start in order for China to reduce global emissions?

Prove it.

you want me to prove basic science? the clue is in the name, you dont need to be a doctor to know that antibiotics dont work on viruses. You've just embarrassed yourself

https://www.listennotes.com/podcasts/london-real/david-icke-the-truth-behind-euPLNKCYAXk/

David Icke gave his opinions on what he thinks is going on with the Coronavirus with London Real earlier this week and I think it's worth a listen.

He believes shape-shifting reptilians secretly run the world. It's quite terrifying that people not only listen to this guy but take him somewhat seriously.

you want me to prove basic science? the clue is in the name, you dont need to be a doctor to know that antibiotics dont work on viruses. You've just embarrassed yourself

Go on then, enlighten me please. Prove it.

I don't get embarrassed by the way.

• Advertisement

you dont understand. you have embarrassed yourself asking such a basic question.
    https://www.cdc.gov/patientsafety/features/be-antibiotics-aware.html
    Antibiotics do not work on viruses, such as those that cause colds, flu, bronchitis, or runny noses, even if the mucus is thick, yellow, or green.

Antibiotics are only needed for treating infections caused by bacteria, but even some bacterial infections get better without antibiotics.

Antibiotics can't kill viruses. They target bacteria.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭greenfield21

It seems like the Chinese connection to Italy through the textile industry along with undocumented workers is been completely ignored by the media. Surely that is one of the main reasons why certain areas lost control of this virus and are completely decimated there.

It seems like the Chinese connection to Italy through the textile industry along with undocumented workers is been completely ignored by the media. Surely that is one of the main reasons why certain areas lost control of this virus and are completely decimated there.

Wherever the virus was generated the rag trade connection between Wuhan and Italy cannot be ignored.

It depends on what angle you are taking. Do you believe there is a conspiracy? If there is one it is highly likely that both China and Iran are being used as smoke screen for the main intended target of the virus, the European pension population. By creating animosity between the US and China the conspirators are murking the water and deflecting attention away from their evil plan.

The north of Italy has been specifically targeted by the agencies of the conspiracy as it is a popular middle class skiing destination. Given the contagious behaviours of the virus it has been designed to incubate within its' host for up to 7-10 days before symptoms are realised. People are returning home from their ski holidays infected and spreading the virus to their elderly relations.

German Statistics on the spread of the virus.

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/478220a4c454480e823b17327b2bf1d4/page/page_1/

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

A recent primetime episode attributed the spread in Lombardy to Italians being very touchy feely, which of course is true, but they never mentioned the tens of thousands of Chinese resident there, and the fact that many of them were returning from holidays from affected regions of China.

RTE really are possibly the most sophisticated fake news outfit on this earth...even many North Koreans understand that their media is propaganda, certainly millions of Chinese do...but almost all Irish people genuinely believe RTE are completely objective.

A recent primetime episode attributed the spread in Lombardy to Italians being very touchy feely, which of course is true, but they never mentioned the tens of thousands of Chinese resident there, and the fact that many of them were returning from holidays from affected regions of China.

RTE really are possibly the most sophisticated fake news outfit on this earth...even many North Koreans understand that their media is propaganda, certainly millions of Chinese do...but almost all Irish people genuinely believe RTE are completely objective.

I don't think it is deliberate either. The entire network is just full of bland complacent overpaid wannabees with their heads up each others hole.

This country suffers immeasurably from having such a small contrived base of phuckwits as journalists. They all scratch each others backs and all eat in the same restaurants, it is nauseating.

But I don't think that they are deliberately construing some sort of slanted propaganda, there are strict guidelines around this type of coverage. But it is their lazy network that lacks proper competition that is the problem. It needs to be completely shaken up. It is dire.

The same can be argued for our paper and radio media also. The Fat Cat O'Brien has too much control over our radio media also. I am not begrudging him, I am just saying as consumers of our news media we need to be apprehensive of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭kyote00

There has been a noticable increase in private jet travel between Cayman Islands, Belize and British virgins islands last few days

Money moving to safe havens ?

One just landed at shannon, another heading to stansted. Same story every day this week....

• Advertisement

kyote00 wrote: »
    There has been a noticable increase in private jet travel between Cayman Islands, Belize and British virgins islands last few days

Money moving to safe havens ?

One just landed at shannon, another heading to stansted. Same story every day this week....

If i was super wealthy i would be escaping the madness also. It may not be conspiracy related.

In saying all that would billionaires such as Branson have access to proper medical facilities. I know he owns his own island in the Carribean, but is it resourced to survive a pandemic ?

How many ventilators are operational in sandy lane ?

Advertisement