Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

One of these days LonesomeRhodes will post something that doesn't include a peronal remark about the people that disagree with him. today is not that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,785 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

One of these days LonesomeRhodes will post something that doesn't include a peronal remark about the people that disagree with him. today is not that day.

We were told last week that the government had passed legislation to arrest people on the street. I asked for proof of this, which wasn't provided. Because, the government have not passed legislation to arrest people on the street.

Like, I get a good conspiracy theory. But these outright lies are weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,974 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

a paranoid/fearful populas

Worry about the virus is normal, your hysteria over the imaginary isn't

Jones has done some fantastic interviews.

One of them was the famous interview with Hollywood director Aaron Russo, who was in with the Hollywood elites and Rockefellers but was horrified by their plans and decided to warn people.

RIP Aaron.

The microchip (Some Christians would say mark of the Beast hey ho!) is well on the way as money 'carries corona' and that message convince the braindead masses to accept being chipped like cattle.

Arrests without warrants or anyone breaking any law soon
    (arrests no doubt by Gardai in normal uniform with no protective measures, I mean surely if you had a killer virus why apporach someone!?)
    lockdowns
    incredible restrictions on travel
    people demonised for going outside
    crushed economy
    a paranoid/fearful populas
    new legislation removing rights to assembly/travel and free speech not even to be reviewed til November
    I'd imagine soon forced mandatory vaccines

The testing is a joke as well, swabs that are woefully inaccurate it's why hospitals take blood not swabs, however away people go to be 'swabbed' and told they have Corona when it could be any kind of viral infection as swabbing is so facially inaccurate!.

and yet and yet people still think this is all 'normal' or these people 'care' about us. You really have to despair how braindead some people are.

Actively cheering their removal of all their civil liberties, these people think being incarcerated physically (and mentally) is wonderful.

Extraordinary thing.

I mean I know many of those cheering it never leave the front door anyway sit hermiting online or have 20,000 posts on this and live 'gaming' etc. A vicarious existence online, so it doesn't matter but for those of us who enjoy freedom like being outside and don't like being harassed by and understand how incredibly valuable it is it's scary times!.

you describing others as paranoid and fearful is just arch irony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Lonesomerhodes

The Nal wrote: »
    We were told last week that the government had passed legislation to arrest people on the street. I asked for proof of this, which wasn't provided. Because, the government have not passed legislation to arrest people on the street.

Like, I get a good conspiracy theory. But these outright lies are weird.

https://merrionstreet.ie/MerrionStreet/en/News-Room/News/20200317_Health_Bill.pdf

Yes they have you are just too lazy to read it you want to spoon fed information and not even bother reading it.

Please read section 38A.

Plain as day in black and white.

You obviously won't read it and just say it's some conspiracy or something equally as stupid despite it being an official government document and bill!.

You naivety and denial is beyond belief.

You have all the time in the World to read dedicating 8+ more hours a day of your life to this thread, perhaps you could read just that one section?.

Openly speaks of people being detained, which will be be enforced arrests. If you think otherwise I have a some nice sea front property on O'Connell st for sale for €10,000 you might like to buy?. ;)

• Advertisement

https://merrionstreet.ie/MerrionStreet/en/News-Room/News/20200317_Health_Bill.pdf

Yes they have you are just too lazy to read it you want to spoon fed information and not even bother reading it.

Please read section 38A.

You obviously won't read it and just say it's some conspiracy or something equally as stupid despite it being an official government document and bill!.

You have all the time in the World to read dedicating 8+ more hours a day of your life to this thread, perhaps you could read just that one section?.

Openly speaks of people being detained, which will be be enforced arrests. If you think otherwise I have a some nice sea front property on O'Connell st for sale for €10,000 you might like to buy?. ;)

can you explain where is says that people can be arrested for just walking down the street?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

can you explain where is says that people can be arrested for just walking down the street?

It says they can put sick people in hospitals....If they will not stay inside themselevs.

Much like this youth who was meant to be self isolating
    https://twitter.com/GardaTraffic/status/1241818761734377474

I would suggest using the boards search function, try "martial law" in the conspiracies section. Been a popular prophecy fantasy for a good few years now, never gets old

How else are they going to detain people without arrests?.

Think about it. They can't.

Use your common sense lad would ya!.

Take some time off from fawning at RTE news and how marvellous they are and switch on the old brain once in a while!. :P

Take some time off from fawning at RTE news and how marvellous they are and switch on the old brain once in a while!. :P

Well no, they won't arrested people. This would be more like someone getting sectioned. Also seriously all the personal attacks. You are one angry person.

• Advertisement

EyesClosed wrote: »
    Well no, they won't arrested people. This would be more like someone getting sectioned. Also seriously all the personal attacks. You are one angry person.

Why can't you folk ever do logic?. Ever. Even just once?. Novel idea

How can you personally attack someone you don't know from a tin of paint?.

You Can't!.

Personal is bringing up personal stuff, but if you don't know it; it can't be personal!. How can it?.

It's scolding or banter but I've been getting it in the neck all thread as well so goes both ways.

If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

So you may excuse me if I take that with a bucket of salt as your personal attack comment is beyond absurd.

You are one incredibly illogical person!

You Can't!.

Personal is bringing up personal stuff, but if you don't know it; it can't be personal!. How can it?.

It's scolding or banter but I've been getting it in the neck all thread as well so goes both ways.

So you may excuse me if I take that with a bucket of salt as your personal attack comment is beyond absurd.

FYI you forgot to mention we are all no life RTE watching sheep with no brains, oh and unemployed

You Can't!.

personal-attack. Noun. (plural personal attacks) Making of an abusive remark on or relating to one's person instead of providing evidence when examining another person's claims or comments.

So instead of answering our questions. You call us naive, tell us our brains dont work, and say everyone who questions you doesnt work.

So....they are in fact personal attacks.

again with the personal insults.

Please read section 38A.

)

Nope. Thats not what it says. Nowhere does it say that "the Government announce plans you can BE ARRESTED for basically walking down the street."

EyesClosed wrote: »
    personal-attack. Noun. (plural personal attacks) Making of an abusive remark on or relating to one's person instead of providing evidence when examining another person's claims or comments.

So instead of answering our questions. You call us naive, tell us our brains dont work, and say everyone who questions you doesnt work.

So....they are in fact personal attacks.

WOW you can google personal attack and copy and paste it; amazing lad!.

and it even mentions relating to one's person which proves my point!.
    I know NOTHING of your person, you could be Mariah Carey for all I know. ;)

Nope. Thats not what it says. Nowhere does it say that "the Government announce plans you can BE ARRESTED for basically walking down the street."

How else can you detain someone without arresting them?.

You folk refuse to answer all simple questions

• Registered Users Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Arrests without warrants or anyone breaking any law soon
    (arrests no doubt by Gardai in normal uniform with no protective measures, I mean surely if you had a killer virus why apporach someone!?)
    Isn't it very very odd that French police are expected to approach people, see documents etc and they haven't even been issued with masks or gloves?

Isn't it very very odd that French police are expected to approach people, see documents etc and they haven't even been issued with masks or gloves?

True only a very very tiny minority question the insanity of it all.

Police in normal clothes harassing people with apparently have a killer virus!.

Have a look at what's going on in France. Homeless people being harassed non stop.

https://www.france24.com/en/20200321-french-police-accused-of-fining-homeless-people-amid-virus-lockdown

Of course you will get headcases say oh well Gardai uniform is impervious to all infection as it's really a biohazard suit in disguise such is the level of acceptance of all these draconian mesaures to 'protect us'.

How else can you detain someone without arresting them?.

You folk refuse to answer all simple questions

Detaining someone who is suspected of having the virus and who refuses medical attention and is interacting with other people is very different from just arresting someone walking down the street.

Your view of the world seems to be that "they" are planning something, some NWO thing or whatever. You seem to have a very high opinion of governments competencies. I have no idea why. In reality "they" are winging this one. As always. It may be comforting for you to think there is some grand plan somewhere, someone in total control, but its not true.

To quote Alan Moore.

"The main thing that I learned about conspiracy theory, is that conspiracy theorists believe in a conspiracy because that is more comforting. The truth of the world is that it is actually chaotic. The truth is that it is not The Iluminati, or The Jewish Banking Conspiracy, or the Gray Alien Theory.

The truth is far more frightening - Nobody is in control.

The world is rudderless"

• Advertisement

Detaining someone who is suspected of having the virus and who refuses medical attention and is interacting with other people is very different from just arresting someone walking down the street.

Your view of the world seems to be that "they" are planning something, some NWO thing or whatever. You seem to have a very high opinion of governments competencies. I have no idea why. In reality "they" are winging this one. As always. It may be comforting for you to think there is some grand plan somewhere, someone in total control, but its not true.

To quote Alan Moore.

"The main thing that I learned about conspiracy theory, is that conspiracy theorists believe in a conspiracy because that is more comforting. The truth of the world is that it is actually chaotic. The truth is that it is not The Iluminati, or The Jewish Banking Conspiracy, or the Gray Alien Theory.

The world is rudderless"

How exactly both folk could simply be walking the street?. it's actually the same thing!. You are doing so much gymnastics above we should call you the Acrobat (also happens to be one of U2's best songs!)

And how would you detain them without arresting them?. You are Still to answer that one.

And refuse medical attention?. People have a right to. It's your body people have no right to detain you and do as they please that's distilled fascism and totalitarianism.

The quotes are just brainless copy and paste guff what's the point of posting it?.

Tell you something. I'm very very glad you don't wield power over people, be North Korea overnight!. You in power would make Hitlers ghost tell you to reign it in a little!.

2020-3-16-health-coronavirus-france-lockdown.jpg

Unsurprising considering there's a huge mask shortage. They seem to be getting some.

And refuse medical attention?. People have a right to. It's your body people have no right to detain you and do as they please that's distilled fascism and totalitarianism.

If you are being serious in this thread (and it's hard to tell if you are)

If, for example, you have the symptoms of Covid19 and you actively decide to start mingling with people (instead of isolating). Considering the circumstances and the highly contagious nature of this disease, those people have a right to report you to protect themselves. You don't have a "right" to spread a dangerous disease and put other people at risk because it's "your body".

Likewise, a lock-down to curb the spread doesn't work if people just flout it. And as we've seen they do. That's because people are can be selfish and ignorant, so it needs to be enforced with fines and even the threat of jail-time

As part of your personal world views you express here you seem to see that as evidence of some sort of "police state" cracking down on people. Which is completely paranoid and delusional of course

• Registered Users Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Unsurprising considering there's a huge mask shortage. They seem to be getting some.
    Not enough.
    PARIS (Reuters) - France’s biggest police trade union has given the government an ultimatum, telling it to provide officers with the face masks and gloves they need to enforce a nationwide coronavirus lockdown - or risk its members walking off the job.

Not enough.

Dont confuse incompetence with conspiracy.

Not enough.

I'd agree, but are you suggesting some sort of conspiracy behind it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭eleventh

To quote Alan Moore.

The world is rudderless"
    Some people throw the word truth around when really they're just talking about their belief.

All he's saying in that quote is that he finds the world very frightening. If he would say it as "I believe..." or "I feel...", that would actually be true.
    He decides instead to be dishonest, letting on some deep insight into 'truth' that he thinks should apply to everyone.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    If you are being serious in this thread (and it's hard to tell if you are)

If, for example, you have the symptoms of Covid19 and you actively decide to start mingling with people (instead of isolating). Considering the circumstances and the highly contagious nature of this disease, those people have a right to report you to protect themselves. You don't have a "right" to spread a dangerous disease and put other people at risk because it's "your body".

Likewise, a lock-down to curb the spread doesn't work if people just flout it. And as we've seen they do. That's because people are can be selfish and ignorant, so it needs to be enforced with fines and even the threat of jail-time

As part of your personal world views you express here you seem to see that as evidence of some sort of "police state" cracking down on people. Which is completely paranoid and delusional of course

You along with The Nal being reading Mein Kampf and getting goosebumps?.

Why not just lock everyone up forever and be done with it eh?.

You want jail time for those walking the street?. :eek::eek:

You are obviously a very far right fascist extremist who hates all freedom and despises those who want freedom. Want people imprisoned for walking the street my God.

Again you folk never ever do logic because the same people walking the streets harassing folk for walking the streets are walking the streets themselves!.

I'm very glad your likes are NOT in control. Make North Korea look like Disneyworld it would!.

You along with The Nal being reading Mein Kampf and getting goosebumps?.

Why not just lock everyone up forever and be done with it eh?.

You want jail time for those walking the street?. :eek::eek:

You are obviously a very far right fascist extremist who hates all freedom and despises those who want freedom. Want people who may have a highly contagious virus who are imprisoned detained for walking the street my God ignoring government advice to isolate themselves so they dont infect others.

Again you folk never ever do logic because the same people walking the streets harassing folk for walking the streets are walking the streets themselves!.

I'm very glad your likes are NOT in control. Make North Korea look like Disneyworld it would!.

FYP. no charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

In Italy people can be arrested for violating self isolation rules. It's been elevated to Criminal Offense now

Advertisement