Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭eleventh

Again you folk never ever do logic because the same people walking the streets harassing folk for walking the streets are walking the streets themselves!.
    I'd say in a couple of years they'll be using talking cameras / robots. For now they have to use people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Lonesomerhodes

eleventh wrote: »
    I'd say in a couple of years they'll be using talking cameras / robots. For now they have to use people.

That's what the big boys want.

They are masters are manipulating public perception.

For example look at the amount of people championing being incarcerated in their homes for a unspecified time (none of them have a clue for how long and they are too stupid to ask for how long!) they know the vast vast vast majority of people don't question anything so they can introduce all sorts of fascist things and people think it's great. Sad times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

That's what the big boys want.

They are masters are manipulating public perception.

For example look at the amount of people championing being incarcerated in their homes for a unspecified time (none of them have a clue for how long and they are too stupid to ask for how long!) they know the vast vast vast majority of people don't question anything so they can introduce all sorts of fascist things and people think it's great. Sad times.

I dont disagree with this view. Maybe a little dystopian but we are in fact already adapting our life style to the new norm. If there are any benefits in limiting physical interaction they find a way to will spoil it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Wall street trading floor to close market, working automatically online.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/new-york-stock-exchange-to-temporarily-close-trading-floor-2020-03-18

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

You want jail time for those walking the street?. :eek::eek:

You are obviously a very far right fascist extremist who hates all freedom and despises those who want freedom. Want people imprisoned for walking the street my God.

Again you folk never ever do logic because the same people walking the streets harassing folk for walking the streets are walking the streets themselves!.

I'm very glad your likes are NOT in control. Make North Korea look like Disneyworld it would!.

Mod

Stop twisting posters words, no-one is suggesting arresting people for just being out and about.

If anyone is risking the health & public at large for any issue, need to be removed from causing harm.

Less of the insults as well. We dont need to sink to that level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Mic 1972 wrote: »
    I dont disagree with this view. Maybe a little dystopian but we are in fact already adapting our life style to the new norm. If there are any benefits in limiting physical interaction they find a way to will spoil it

Yeah they are taking the fun out of the pandemic

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    no-one is suggesting arresting people for just being out and about.
    This is said to be happening in parts of Europe. It's not happening here yet obviously but as we seem to be following what's happening in Europe, it's a valid concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,405 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

This is said to be happening in parts of Europe. It's not happening here yet obviously but as we seem to be following what's happening in Europe, it's a valid concern.

People were not taking it seriously. deaths skyrocketed. we dont want to get to that point.

People are being cautioned, receiving fines and even being arrested in some cases for putting other people at risk

Several places in Europe are on "lock-down" which means people are expected to remain at home unless they have a valid reason to be out

Unfortunately just asking people to stay at home doesn't work, so it has to be enforced

Covid-19 is highly contagious, as we've seen from Italy, it can spread like wildife

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

At the moment we have the freedom. Hearing stories of needing a glorified licence to leave the house. It would be workable in a small area or city.

Heading down the road of drones being used to realistically inforce it if it comes to pass.

• Advertisement

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    All following the mainstream view.

This is a CT forum or supposed to be.

I can post what i like.

I can post what i like.

It would help if you were being a little bit relevant however.

IAMAMORON wrote: »

none of your business what i post. If you have a problem with my posts then report them.

If you think there is some alternative to the truth, then speak up. But if it's so fragile that it cannot be questioned I think that should give you some clue

I am struggling to see how there are no cases in Russia.

What is happening here, are they covering instances up? Surely as members of the WHO they are obliged to confirm the number of cases? Do they have any veto powers which allow them to keep their diagnoses secret?

https://www.who.int/choice/demography/by_country/en/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,704 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I am struggling to see how there are no cases in Russia.

What is happening here, are they covering instances up? Surely as members of the WHO they are obliged to confirm the number of cases? Do they have any veto powers which allow them to keep their diagnoses secret?

https://www.who.int/choice/demography/by_country/en/

Putin shut down the border with China in January and has been testing people since then too. Also had quarantine zones set up.

The Nal wrote: »
    Putin shut down the border with China in January and has been testing people since then too. Also had quarantine zones set up.

I just checked further there, it can depend on what search engine is used. There are reported cases of 438 afflicted.

The murky rumour mill has also began in earnest with the states, fake news etc. The Guardian has gone to the dogs lately, I am beginning to lose faith in their objectivity, very left of centre, not good for fair reporting. Millenial?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/22/coronavirus-russia-disinformation-campaign-us-officials

I must admit the States needs to grow a pair with social media and start accepting that it is not all a big conspiracy ( although it is really:))

The murky rumour mill has also began in earnest with the states, fake news etc. The Guardian has gone to the dogs lately, I am beginning to lose faith in their objectivity, very left of centre, not good for fair reporting. Millenial?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/22/coronavirus-russia-disinformation-campaign-us-officials

What's wrong with that report?

What's wrong with that report?

It is written by shight stirring liberal cretins for starters.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Yeah. We need more paranoid speculation.

Ipso wrote: »
    Yeah. We need more paranoid speculation.

Get tooled up and ready for it. The Covid rumour mill will be going into overdrive this week. I already received Wassaps yesterday of heavy handed US martials using plastic bullets on party goers on Miami beach. It is kicking off over there this week for sure.

This is level 3 of the conspirators plan, panic and confusion. Already the state department have threatened to prosecute bulk buyers while also offering to buy back stock off bulkers. It does not sound good. The president has backed himself into a corner here, it will be interesting to see how he counters.

If I know anything about US domestic policy, it is that there is nothing better to counter it than a bit of foreign interruption and media deflection. Watch out for an "escalating crisis" in other countries this week, deflection is their go to save here.

The army are mobilising in New York, DC and Chicago.

Get tooled up and ready for it. The Covid rumour mill will be going into overdrive this week. I already received Wassaps yesterday of heavy handed US martials using plastic bullets on party goers on Miami beach. It is kicking off over there this week for sure.

This is level 3 of the conspirators plan, panic and confusion. Already the state department have threatened to prosecute bulk buyers while also offering to buy back stock off bulkers. It does not sound good. The president has backed himself into a corner here, it will be interesting to see how he counters.

If I know anything about US domestic policy, it is that there is nothing better to counter it than a bit of foreign interruption and media deflection. Watch out for an "escalating crisis" in other countries this week, deflection is their go to save here.

the army or the national guard? two very different things

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭All that fandango

Listened to a very interesting podcast yesterday on this topic- Talk is Jericho: "Coronavirus, Quarantine or Conspiracy?". They dont beat around the bush unlike the Stuff You Should Know Guys on the same topic.

It's the national guard and it's to help deliver medical aid and set up medical stations

Unless you want to make a prediction..

the army or the national guard? two very different things

Elaborate please, with a bit of context it would be lovely.

It's the national guard and it's to help deliver medical aid and set up medical stations

Unless you want to make a prediction..

no you have it all wrong. they're there to suppress the population in case they try to fight back.

no you have it all wrong. they're there to suppress the population in case they try to fight back.

Did you see the wassap videos of the plastic bullets on the beach? No army there, just straight up police work, Miami style.

Did you see the wassap videos of the plastic bullets on the beach? No army there, just straight up police work, Miami style.

the only problem with that is that they only used plastic bullets on those feckin idiots.

• Advertisement

the only problem with that is that they only used plastic bullets on those feckin idiots.

It's likely the annual drunk-fight-fest that is spring break

https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/miami-beach-spring-break-2020-police-make-arrests-in-viral-videos-11593038

Advertisement