Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    I've read frequently that scientists believe this virus couldn't be man-made, can provide dozens of links supporting that. So it's likely you are scouring and cherry-picking information to suit a conspiracy narrative you often carry into these situations (which coincidentally matches your personal hobby)

It possibly tampered with that' what Taiwan health official remarked.  Covid 19 is very similar to the SARS infection. SARS was analyzed in Bats in 2006.

That why some researchers still call this virus  SARS- Covid 19 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

What is clear about the new coronavirus and Covid-19 disease:
    - It is possible to give it but it is likely to take it
    - It can be deadly if you take it or not
    - It doesn't hurt young people, or it can
    - You are not contagious after you heal yourself, or you can be a month
    - The masks are good but they don't help much
    - The spirit does not disinfect but it is possible to kill it
    - The heat that follows may destroy it, or not
    - You may be asymptomatic or symptomatic
    - There will be a vaccine at some point
    - There will be treatment, or not
    - We will leave the houses in 2 months, or in 7, or in 9
    - They gave it to the Chinese, the Americans, the Italians, the bats or any laboratory
    - Let's all stay in the house but go to work
    - Another 1 million cases, or 100, can occur or how many occur.
    - The medical system will face it or not.
    - The rates are delayed but they increase
    - We need a statement to get out of the house but no one checks it
    - We can leave the house with a dog, but not with a garlic
    - He closed at non-stop
    - You have no virus, stay home
    - It is transmitted by sex but you can take it from a door handle

What I want to tell you: It is important that we know everything about Covid-19.
    Do you realize what it was like if I didn't know anything clear?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,974 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

rolion wrote: »
    What is clear about the new coronavirus and Covid-19 disease:

I seriously suggest you read up on it if you are writing the below
    - It is possible to give it but it is likely to take it

It's contagious
    - It can be deadly if you take it or not

It has an estimated 1% to 4% fatality rate depending on where you live in the world
    - It doesn't hurt young people, or it can

It is far less deadly for younger people than it is for older people. Also younger people can still carry and easily transmit the disease
    - You are not contagious after you heal yourself, or you can be a month

This is still being researched and there is no certainty, but it's believed that someone who has survived the disease is "safe" from re-infection for at least a month after
    - The masks are good but they don't help much

If you haven't got it, the mask is not great at stopping airborne infection. However masks stop people touching their face at vulnerable spots (mouth, nose) which is a key part of transmission. And for people who have Covid-19 a mask is essential to stop them spreading it to others.
    - The spirit does not disinfect but it is possible to kill it

Alcohol solution does work, but soap/water wash for at least 20 seconds is seen as or more effective
    - The heat that follows may destroy it, or not

It may kill the pathogens quicker than cold weather (not fully confirmed), but the disease is spreading in hot countries.
    - There will be a vaccine at some point

They are working on it
    - There will be treatment, or not

Dunno, due to information being passed they are getting better at treating it
    - We will leave the houses in 2 months, or in 7, or in 9

We don't know, it depends on the disease rates falling to a level where they can gradually start easing lock-down measures
    - They gave it to the Chinese, the Americans, the Italians, the bats or any laboratory

It's widely accepted that it originated in China, likely at a food market
    - Let's all stay in the house but go to work

I don't know if you are trolling with this one. You can't go to work unless it's essential (medical, supply chain, certain transport, etc)
    - Another 1 million cases, or 100, can occur or how many occur.

No one knows, it depends on what actions we take to curb it
    - The medical system will face it or not.

The medical system can be overwhelmed if cases spike, which is why they are trying to "flatten the curve" everywhere
    - The rates are delayed but they increase

??
    - We need a statement to get out of the house but no one checks it

Gardai are checking if possible at adhere to the latest lockdown rules in Ireland.
    - We can leave the house with a dog, but not with a garlic

?
    - He closed at non-stop

?
    - You have no virus, stay home

Yes, you don't know if you have the virus. It has an incubation period.
    - It is transmitted by sex but you can take it from a door handle

Multiple ways it can be transmitted
    What I want to tell you: It is important that we know everything about Covid-19.
    Do you realize what it was like if I didn't know anything clear?

As mentioned if you spent time actually reading about it instead of writing this bizarre diatribe you would be able to answer your own questions

Girly Gal wrote: »
    Still doesn't explain why other European countries weren't infected earlier if it originated in Italy, surely it would have crossed into neighbouring countries earlier, yet it was able to transfer to Wuhan from Italy, which would has less direct transfer of people.

Small cluster in one region takes time to multiply.  Look we know for a fact, cases inside America were classed as Flu deaths wrongly, and was only after the world took notice of this new virus did they notice a irregular pattern!  There also a likeihood flu deaths in other countries were also wrongly reported. Can be proven when Italy does the medical work and excumes the bodies of people who died in Oct and Nov.  We don’t have to speculate here. Just carry out the medical examination,  free and independent, and don’t be biased by countries with other agendas! 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Small cluster in one region takes time to multiply.  Look we know for a fact, cases inside America were classed as Flu deaths wrongly, and was only after the world took notice of this new virus did they notice a irregular pattern!  There also a likeihood flu deaths in other countries were also wrongly reported. Can be proven when Italy does the medical work and excumes the bodies of people who died in Oct and Nov.  We don’t have to speculate here. Just carry out the medical examination,  free and independent, and don’t be biased by countries with other agendas! 

I agree we don't have all the facts,so will have to wait until we do(if we ever do), the reality is no country will want to admit the virus started in there country

• Advertisement

I agree we don't have all the facts,so will have to wait until we do(if we ever do), the reality is no country will want to admit the virus started in there country

Agreed. Just hope the Italians carry out a free and independent study. If the Italians find nothing wrong, that acceptable to me. I don't trust China or America to provide us wih the full story.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I agree. I would say most Wuhanian Chiroptera would be terrified to admit they were gangraping snakes again. The shame of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Latest possible theory:
    - for the couple of 24/7 resident, many, many years of full-time, theory-denying, athiest-loving, closed-mindset, position-entrenched, echo-chamber lads...

'Big Kim' offered the West a 'Christmas present' back circa November, nothing was received of significance.
    and now it turns out the US, esp. NYC is the worst affected region with this WuFlu

Cheesburger-mad Kim has form as already sent one of his minions out before to take down someone in KulaLumpar airport or somewhere.
    Could the economic desperate chap have taken revenge on the world as a result, there's only two small roads into NKor after all.

He's the only single state that would dare something like this, except for some deep-state groups that sing from the Georgia Guidestones script.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,545 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Latest possible theory:
    - for the couple of 24/7 resident, many, many years of full-time, theory-denying, athiest-loving, closed-mindset, position-entrenched, echo-chamber lads...

'Big Kim' offered the West a 'Christmas present' back circa November, nothing was received of significance.
    and now it turns out the US, esp. NYC is the worst affected region with this WuFlu

Cheesburger-mad Kim has form as already sent one of his minions out before to take down someone in KulaLumpar airport or somewhere.
    Could the economic desperate chap have taken revenge on the world as a result, there's only two small roads into NKor after all.

He's the only single state that would dare something like this, except for some deep-state groups that sing from the Georgia Guidestones script.

See, that I would find at least plausible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

See, that I would find at least plausible.
    There's hope yet, for the somewhat position-entrenched.

To be fair, the only couple was thinking of, who from memory have been at this game for years now (along with slagging the holy folks), is the double act of King Bob Mob and DoeJoeJohn (or mixed spelling thereof) duo.

Big Kim is indeed capable of anything, afterall he's made his own ICBMs and komputer virus thingies, so cannot be under estimated. Old Bejing also seems to have dodged this flu also so may have had some knowledge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    I seriously suggest you read up on it if you are writing the below

As mentioned if you spent time actually reading about it instead of writing this bizarre diatribe you would be able to answer your own questions

WTF man...i got it as a joke on the daily listing / messages...
    Relax,please !

rolion wrote: »
    WTF man...i got it as a joke on the daily listing / messages...
    Relax,please !

You're on a conspiracy forum where that stuff is taken seriously. Was a video posted a few pages back where two conspiracy heads literally take up those points.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,049 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I'm not proposing this as something I believe it to be the case, but more an interesting 'what if' mental exercise.

Suppose the virus was actually the product of a weapons lab, and that the Chinese deliberately infected themselves with it. Knowing it's nature, they then institute immediate measures to contain it, sending in a general, expert in biological warfare to oversea the operation, just to make sure it's done right.

In parallel, they send out agents to previously identified tourist hot spots in other countries, as per 12 Monkeys, to make sure the virus spreads.

Simultaneously with instituting the domestic containment, they get Chinese companies that are established overseas, to buy up large amounts of PPE gear in the west and have it shipped back to China in bulk. This helps with their own containment and treatment and makes it looks like they are desperate to contain an unforeseen event, it also deprives foreign countries of the means to effectively contain the spread and reduces the numbers of foreign health workers, lowers their morale, and make their governments and institutions look shambolic.

When they have their own situation under control, they start lending assistance to foreign countries, and make like the good guys. Then they close their borders. They hint to ras Putin, that it might be in his interests to close his border too. He does.

Then they wait for the US health system to become overwhelmed. When it does, Chinese sleeper agents set out spread a second Corona virus developed from the first, but one which has a far higher mortality rate - 60-80% over the full gamut of ages, but which can pass for a natural mutation of the first.

The US is utterly ravaged and essentially ceases to exist as a functioning entity, and without firing a single shot, China defeats the US using germ warfare and becomes the world's leading superpower. It then comes riding to the rescue with a 'hastily' developed vaccines to both viruses, demonstrating the amazing abilities of their system, with perhaps some concessions and favours extracted as a price to get it.

Yay, for the good guys who saved us.

As I said, I don't believe that's what's happening, but it would make for a chilling thriller.

cnocbui wrote: »
    I'm not proposing this as something I believe it to be the case, but more an interesting 'what if' mental exercise.

Suppose the virus was actually the product of a weapons lab, and that the Chinese deliberately infected themselves with it. Knowing it's nature, they then institute immediate measures to contain it, sending in a general, expert in biological warfare to oversea the operation, just to make sure it's done right.

In parallel, they send out agents to previously identified tourist hot spots in other countries, as per 12 Monkeys, to make sure the virus spreads.

Simultaneously with instituting the domestic containment, they get Chinese companies that are established overseas, to buy up large amounts of PPE gear in the west and have it shipped back to China in bulk. This helps with their own containment and treatment and makes it looks like they are desperate to contain an unforeseen event, it also deprives foreign countries of the means to effectively contain the spread and reduces the numbers of foreign health workers, lowers their morale, and make their governments and institutions look shambolic.

When they have their own situation under control, they start lending assistance to foreign countries, and make like the good guys. Then they close their borders. They hint to ras Putin, that it might be in his interests to close his border too. He does.

Then they wait for the US health system to become overwhelmed. When it does, Chinese sleeper agents set out spread a second Corona virus developed from the first, but one which has a far higher mortality rate - 60-80% over the full gamut of ages, but which can pass for a natural mutation of the first.

The US is utterly ravaged and essentially ceases to exist as a functioning entity, and without firing a single shot, China defeats the US using germ warfare and becomes the world's leading superpower. It then comes riding to the rescue with a 'hastily' developed vaccines to both viruses, demonstrating the amazing abilities of their system, with perhaps some concessions and favours extracted as a price to get it.

Yay, for the good guys who saved us.

As I said, I don't believe that's what's happening, but it would make for a chilling thriller.

Indeed, but how would they control it so well in their own country, when most other countries have difficulty stopping the spread

Also the economic damage would be catastrophic, not to mention China is an exporter, they would be screwing all their best customers (the world) and thus themselves

It'd be like a company deliberately destroying their best clients

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Agreed. Just hope the Italians carry out a free and independent study. If the Italians find nothing wrong, that acceptable to me. I don't trust China or America to provide us wih the full story.

Your right about the Americans and Chinese, difficult to trust them. That's why I'd still question date it started in Wuhan as we only tend to get to see what the Chinese want us to see.

Do you mean the first or the second virus? They have already as good as stopped the first. They sealed their borders, so they aren't getting the second, and have the miracle vaccine just in case.

Didn't the US under Trump, cease to be such a good customer?

Seems like an incredibly small price to pay for world domination, and just imagine the economic stimulus involved in sending a few hundred million Chinese over to the US to re-populate and take over in a Tibet Mk 2. I seem to recall the Uk doing quite well economically out of empire building and colonisation. They wouldn't need any more customers then the rest of the world and now their own settlers.

The Prime Minister has been warned by scientists that official statistics from China - where Covid-19 first emerged in the city of Wuhan - may have been downplayed “by a factor of 15 to 40 times”.
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/china-coronavirus-cases-could-40-21773859

cnocbui wrote: »
    Do you mean the first or the second virus? They have already as good as stopped the first. They sealed their borders, so they aren't getting the second, and have the miracle vaccine just in case.

Didn't the US under Trump, cease to be such a good customer?

Seems like an incredibly small price to pay for world domination, and just imagine the economic stimulus involved in sending a few hundred million Chinese over to the US to re-populate and take over in a Tibet Mk 2. I seem to recall the Uk doing quite well economically out of empire building and colonisation. They wouldn't need any more customers then the rest of the world and now their own settlers.

China and America proceeding to battle it out to be the number one superpower who knows how far each country would go to take out another. China removing America from the number one status country will not be easy. How would they cripple them if that was their intention?  War too costly! economic warfare unlikely hurts the economy. A bio weapon?
    I don’t think its bad theory you have come up with.  

Would that not harm the China president if ever come out the used a bio-weapon?  I doubt the communist party could control the unrest.
    Plus there still some uncertainty where it all began.

It be very risky for China to deliberately attack the world with a virus.  I could see rogue players doing it as they are background people with different agendas and power needs. It could be groups doing it to further Chinese aims or America aims.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/29/anthony-fauci-coronavirus-death-toll-200000-americans

Dr Anthony Fauci, the leading US government infectious disease expert, offered a grim prediction on Sunday: the coronavirus could kill as many as 200,000 Americans.

“I mean, looking at what we’re seeing now, I would say between 100,000 and 200,000 … deaths,” Fauci told CNN’s State of the Union, though he added: “I just don’t think that we really need to make a projection, when it’s such a moving target that you can so easily be wrong and mislead people.”

50 million plus infected? Are they below 1 percent death rate? That's a high number of people. America must be riddled with the virus.

US had confirmed nearly 125,000 cases of Covid-19. Best health service in the world according to American politicians for decades, reality hitting hard now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Can I just ask this as it’s worrying me quite a bit.

This lockdown. It’s a complete denial of our civil liberties. I don’t want to get into WHY it’s happening but more of the way people have just accepted it as a new way of life. Checkpoints everywhere, gardai asking where/what/when questions, notes from employers to say you can go to such and such a place.... like what sort of dystopian world have we just entered...all under the guise of not infecting others.

I’m hearing a lot of talk of “having to change the way we gather” in the future. As in, I’m hearing a lot of how things will have to change after this ends. The rollover and acceptance of a government controlling your every move is absolutely shocking. Do people really think things will get back to normal after this? Like hell they will. Give an inch, take a mile and the acceptance of the dossile public.

Do you think things will ever get back to normal or are we going to be encouraged to think this is the new normal?

• Advertisement

Things will go back to normal. Without a severe and imminent threat as at the moment, people would get very angry and tell the government where to go if they tried to regularise any of the current measures. Getting the economy functioning again will be the number one priority, and that relies on free movement.

This lockdown. It’s a complete denial of our civil liberties. I don’t want to get into WHY it’s happening but more of the way people have just accepted it as a new way of life. Checkpoints everywhere, gardai asking where/what/when questions, notes from employers to say you can go to such and such a place.... like what sort of dystopian world have we just entered...all under the guise of not infecting others.

I’m hearing a lot of talk of “having to change the way we gather” in the future. As in, I’m hearing a lot of how things will have to change after this ends. The rollover and acceptance of a government controlling your every move is absolutely shocking. Do people really think things will get back to normal after this? Like hell they will. Give an inch, take a mile and the acceptance of the dossile public.

Do you think things will ever get back to normal or are we going to be encouraged to think this is the new normal?

There's a highly contagious pandemic happening, people are taking the same measures all over the world. It's basic common sense. Unfortunately they have to enforce it because there are morons, UK cops found a house party going on yesterday.

Once the virus goes of course things will return to normal. But there is going to be one hell of an economic downturn after this lock-down, plus some genuine changes in society (more working-from-home, a global effort to make sure this never happens again, etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

You could always ignore the rules, and see what happens, I'm sure there's people doing that

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭MintyMagnum

It's not like we're welded into our homes like in China! Think of WWII curfew and blackouts and rationing etc Kids sent to the country for their own good This could be a lot worse IMO

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    You could always ignore the rules, and see what happens, I'm sure there's people doing that

Mod: Per Boards charter, do not encourage other posters to break the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

quickbeam wrote: »
    Mod: Per Boards charter, do not encourage other posters to break the law.

hahaha, no bother

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Where are you "hearing a lot of talk of “having to change the way we gather” in the future."?

What wont get back to normal? The government wont let us out like?

Theres a theory out there now that its not happening at all, everything is staged. A theory thats made its way into Ireland. People really need to stay off Twitter and Facebook. Especially people who are so easily swayed. Its not healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

HUmans in general are social creatures . Things will get back to normal . Man v virus is a battle that’s happening for a long time now. I can understand why the restrictions tho cos corona is more serious than other viruses. Hard to see any conspiracy here as every country affected.

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    HUmans in general are social creatures . Things will get back to normal . Man v virus is a battle that’s happening for a long time now. I can understand why the restrictions tho cos corona is more serious than other viruses. Hard to see any conspiracy here as every country affected.

Normal? That’s a a complicated issue to forecast, especially now when the virus is a global pandemic.  Every region, in the world will have to eradicate the virus before we go back to the way it was last year. 

A vaccine functioning 100 percent for everyone may not happen. It going to take a while for a vaccine to appear and then distributions of it to multiple countries may take a while. 

Current opinion is 9 to 12 months for a vaccine. Crash programme if trials are promising then 6 months.  Then you may run into complications if the virus genome changes. There lot of unknowns when making a vaccine. Even the flu shot not 100 percent security, some people still get the flu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Normal? That’s a a complicated issue to forecast, especially now when the virus is a global pandemic. Every region, in the world will have to eradicate the virus before we go back to the way it was last year.

A vaccine functioning 100 percent for everyone may not happen. It going to take a while for a vaccine to appear and then distributions of it to multiple countries may take a while.

Current opinion is 9 to 12 months for a vaccine. Crash programme if trials are promising then 6 months. Then you may run into complications if the virus genome changes. There lot of unknowns when making a vaccine. Even the flu shot not 100 percent security, some people still get the flu.

the fu vaccine only vaccinates against the most common current strains of the flu so it will never give 100% coverage.

Advertisement