Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Yes . Did you think China was closing down an entire province with 60 million people for the fun of it? The signs was there a major epidemic had taken place and rest of the world was at risk.

Once it moved to other countries, the warning signs where there it was a disease passed from human to human by transmission. I commented in Jan on another thread Ireland is at risk now and we need to be thinking about closing down airports. I wasn’t alone, lot of people felt the same way. 

No, this isn't just "closing down airports", this is blocking every and any human being from traveling to and from the country

As leader, you would have done that on what date?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

And shutting of the country from the rest of the worl would be non authoritarian?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    No, this isn't just "closing down airports", this is blocking every and any human being from traveling to and from the country

As leader, you would have done that on what date?

I would have done it after Iran reported events.  At the latest (no longer) when Italy reported its first outbreak of cases in 2020., all European travel should be immediately halted. It less of hit financially to stop passenger air travel. Closing down the country costs billions and billions. Cargo and shipping fine we have screening measures to deal with that. 

You're trying to come across both as some kind of voice as sanity on how to deal with pandemics and the usual I know something you don't troofer.

We are an Island country;) How else can a virus get here from another country? Use your brain. We should be one country virus free. Instead we locking down the whole country because our leaders hadn't the balls to make the correct decisions and close down air travel to visitors from outside the country. We were letting people travel to Italy when the virus was killing hundreds there.

Italy'a an island, Spain's an island, Iran's an island, etc. etc.

• Advertisement

Ipso wrote: »
    You're trying to come across both as some kind of voice as sanity on how to deal with pandemics and the usual I know something you don't troofer.

I would call it sanity to have 600,000 people joining the dole register in a few weeks, do you. What about all small businesses who can't pay rents and not earning money now?

I would have done it after Iran reported events.  At the earliest when Italy reported its first outbreak of cases in 2020., all European travel should be immediately halted. It less of hit financially to stop passenger air travel. Closing down the country costs billions and billions. Cargo and shipping fine we have screening measures to deal with that

What date would you have closed all borders?

And as leader you would have forced every truck driver, transport plane pilot, crew, ferry operator, etc, etc - the thousands involved in weekly shipping and cargo, all of them to get tests, and get the results of those tests before coming near the country right?

How would they have been tested, out in the Irish sea? forced other countries to test them with kits they didn't have before they came here?

What date would you have closed all borders?

And as leader you would have forced every truck driver, transport plane pilot, crew, ferry operator, etc, etc - the thousands involved in weekly shipping and cargo, all of them to get tests, and get the results of those tests before coming near the country right?

How would they have been tested, out in the Irish sea? forced other countries to test them with kits they didn't have before they came here?

We recognize how the virus got here ie tourist, and passenger air travel. I know you have no foresight and think nobody could have done anything to stop this from happening. Its people like you with the same thinking is why we do end up in a mess in the first place. I already told you what I would have done.

I would call it sanity to have 600,000 people joining the dole register in a few weeks, do you. What about all small businesses who can't pay rents and not earning money now?

Make you mind up on what you consider authoritarian.

Ipso wrote: »
    Italy'a an island, Spain's an island, Iran's an island, etc. etc.

Spain borders France and Portugal. Iran not an Island ( bordered by different countries) Italy the same.

Ireland an Island surrounded on all sides by water.

• Advertisement

We recognize how the virus got here ie tourist, and passenger air travel. I know you have no foresight and think nobody could have done anything to stop this from happening. Its people like you with the same thinking is why we do end up in a mess in the first place. I already told you what I would have done.

No thanks, don't pigeon hole me or make up views you imagine I hold. I know how the virus spreads, thanks.

Same simple question: what date would you have shutdown all of Ireland's borders?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

MOD xenophobic ramblings deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,405 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

how do you know it was a tourist that brought it here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Lonesomerhodes

People spending hours and hours cherographing dances hours practising them hours on syncing the music hours on editing when people are dying in the middle of a pandemic when they are swamped?.
    In in a normal office job wouldnt have this amount of time.

Ask any dance group these dances can take up to hundreds of hours to get spot on and chereograph everyone.

This like these folk doing X factor audition.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR3QeB8SNMqeqODTnus01UdFmmZF0IXFAo9uj0QmWmRyxyR_xnb8AoJ83H0&v=kQP5wRAJVnI

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

People spending hours and hours cherographing dances hours practising them hours on syncing the music hours on editing when people are dying in the middle of a pandemic when they are swamped?.

Ask any dance group these dances can take up to hundreds of hours to get spot on and chereograph everyone.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR3QeB8SNMqeqODTnus01UdFmmZF0IXFAo9uj0QmWmRyxyR_xnb8AoJ83H0&v=kQP5wRAJVnI

You linked to a nut who believes the virus isn't real.... Great source that

And yet this is what I said was true yesterday and the nature article confirms it.

They have not found the same virus in Bats or Pangolins yet.

509393.png

That's not very strange, viruses in general are constantly discovered. Eg you have viruses like monkeypox that are only found in the most remote regions. In the case of covid-19, it likely happened to be one instance that would take a hell of a lot to trace back to its place of origin.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,516 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

And? How the hell is that classed as "choreographed"? God for I'd people doing probably the worse job in the world at this time should have a moment of lighthearted fun :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

There are videos online by Mark Jones who is exposing the coronavirus myth.

YFlyer wrote: »
    There are videos online by Mark Jones who is exposing the coronavirus myth.

What "myth"?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

What "myth"?

That 5G and coronavirus are not linked.

• Advertisement

And? How the hell is that classed as "choreographed"? God for I'd people doing probably the worse job in the world at this time should have a moment of lighthearted fun :rolleyes:

I really wish I could get a logical response just ONCE here.

Every single dance in it is cherographed
    google what the word means will ya?.

If Im busy at work I dont have 5 minutes to spare let alone hours and hours and hours to practice dance routines and perhaps have to shoot and reshoot them them til they are bang on

Some have many moves, frames, timing etc

Where they getting the time?

Even a mildly busy nurse hasnt time to dedicate hours and hours to learn dance routines let alone one in the middle of a pandemic!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

If Im busy at work I dont have 5 minutes to spare let alone hours and hours and hours to practice dance routines and perhaps have to shoot and reshoot them them til they are bang on

Even a mildly busy nurse hasnt time to dedicate hours and hours to learn dance routines let alone one in the middle of a pandemic!.

I haven’t watched it but how do you know they did it during work hours?

YFlyer wrote: »
    That 5G and coronavirus are not linked.

They're not (except in the minds of idiots).

They actually get days off you know! They could also have "choreographed" over Skype:rolleyes:

NewMan1982 wrote: »
    I haven’t watched it but how do you know they did it during work hours?

My God you people are illogical.

Funny enough how things change isnt it.

Us "conspiracy" folk think normally and you folk think absurd bollacks!.

Since when does someone whos not in work dress in work uniform go to their workplace and do a dance??.

On days off you dress in work uniform and go to your workplace??.

Come on my man. Lets be adults eh!.

Much less coordinate everything else so everyone else off work is there at the exact same time ready to go wearing work uniform and know the routine like the back of their hand practiced and know steps/routine?.

Do you ever do logic at all my man????.

My God you people are illogical.

Funny enough how things change isnt it.

Us "conspiracy" folk think normally and you folk think absurd bollacks!.

Since when does someone whos not in work dress in work uniform go fo their workplace and do a dance??.

On days off you dress in work uniform and go to your workplace??.

Much less coordinate everything else so everyone else off work is there at the exact same time ready to go wearing work uniform and know the routine like the back of their hand?.

Do you ever do logic at all my man????.

Learn the routine over Skype (it's not like it's a difficult routine)

Go to work 30 minutes before shift starts.

Do routine

It's really not rocket science

(Well not for people with half a brain)

Learn the routine over Skype (it's not like it's a difficult routine)

Go to work 30 minutes before shift starts.

Do routine

It's really not rocket science

(Well not for people with half a brain)

Awwwwwww aint that sweet you are backing up his anti logic with your anti logic. Thats ever so Cute!.

You simply cannot coordinate everyone perfectly over skype with a dance even professional dancers will tell you this; its why they have to teach everything in person like dancing with the stars Im sure you watch.

What even professional dance troupe does anything over skype??. Zero baby!.

Let alone nurses having everything down pat perfect. Its clearly coordinated im person.

Your tin foil hat is a little tight. Skype LOL.
    Come on least try be logical for once eh!.

For a start on a webcam moves are in reverse to reality with the camera and not a hope in hell every single persons moves be perfectly in time with skype with framing off moves, starting off position, footwork, cadence, timing etc etc.

You are really clutching at straws now. But its a good laugh!. ; )

Some paramedics are dancing in their downtime or during work

What is the conspiracy?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,704 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

What is the conspiracy?

That the virus isn't real and its all a hoax.

I've seen the same few people say the same exact thing about this dancing stuff. And it's been repeated by the same small amount of people. As will whatever today's issue will be. Proper sheeple.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,470 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

What is the conspiracy?

Conspiracy theorists don't need a "conspiracy" to have a conspiracy theory....

That's anti-logic, don't ya know.....

Advertisement